• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Emerald Battle Frontier

Intelligence

The return
    Years
    I am not sure if there is a thread about this, so sorry if this has been done before. Anyway, what is your Battle Frontier strategy in any facility?

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    The Battle Frontier in Emerald was my favorite... My favorite facility was the Battle Dome and I'd usually enter in a combination of three pokemon, one would be a mixed sweeper, another a special sweeper, then a physical sweeper. That way, I could counter every pokemon my opponent's entered, and looking at their teams helped me a lot.

The Battle Pike, I completely BS'd and just kind of went on what the lady said, like "I feel a strong aroma of pokemon" or whatever, I'd go in there. Usually, that was where that giant snaking room was full of pokemon you could run away from.

The Battle Pyramid was one of the worst. I would wander around aimlessly and try to avoid everything.

Battle Palace? I wish I could burn that place to the ground. I hate it. Palace Maven Spencer was nearly impossible since he had a Slaking and my pokemon never liked to attack it.

Battle Factory, it wasn't so bad. The first choice selections, I would choose two pokemon I knew I would use and pick a random third. I'd always trade the third, so eventually I'd battle and get progressively better pokemon. One I remember in particular was a shiny Charizard as a special sweeper. Factory Head Noland was a bit easy though, since he always had random pokemon too. But by that time, I'd always battle someone with one of the following: Metagross, Salamence, Lati@s.

Battle Tower, well that's just simple. Just use a team that can check each other and that's about it. Usually, the same like my team for the Battle Dome. A physical/special/mixed sweeper. Occasionally I'd add in Suicune as a wall, and it worked wonders. Salon Maiden Anabel was a piece of cake.

Battle Arena was real easy. First turn, I'd use a Shiftry or anything that can learn Fake Out and use that. That's one turn for me. Then I'd use Protect/Detect, then finally Hyper Beam or something that hits hard. Other times, I'd just try to knock them out, but that was more toward when I first started going there when they all had NFE pokemon like a Pichu or something.

Well, that's just about it. So my overall strategy is to hit hard, hit first. I still have my Emerald with all the Gold Symbols. I dedicated a box to all my winners. One pokemon I used the most was Scizor/Ursaring (Swords Dance) and I think Latios (all-out special attacker). I think I might play it again...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    The battle factory was the easiest for me. I always got lucky with the rental Pokemon. :3c Plus using rental Pokemon was amazingly fun. /wants to play emerald now. :c

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
    i hated the rental thing i dont know why but it just felt soulless,battle dome was definitely the best if there's a remake it should be called the pokeworld cup.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    i hated the rental thing i dont know why but it just felt soulless,battle dome was definitely the best if there's a remake it should be called the pokeworld cup.

If there was a remake, it would keep its original name. lmao. Which is The Battle Dome. Pokeworld cup just sounds like a football game featuring Pokemon. ;-;

Intelligence

The return
    Years
    My favorite facility was and still is the Battle Dome. I plan very carefully in each facility. I have a file on my computer about each Battle Brain, gold and silver, about what pokemon they use and what pokemon I will use against them.

psyanic

Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    The Brains... eh not too bad. Tucker is nice and flashy to battle, with a Metagross and Swampert and Latias (Gold symbol team). Swampert gets taken down by Giga Drain or Leaf Blade. Latias is just defensive and Metagross is slow.

I don't like Pike Queen Lucy. I like her Pokemon, her design, but I hate that Shuckle to death. I have to bring a specific Pokemon just so that I can use Taunt on it, to finally be able to kill it.

Brandon just wanted to be evil and use Trio Legendaries.

thefacelessone64

PokeBaller
    Years
    im attempting to make some sort of progress in the frontier now. i've owned emerald at least 3 seperate times, and i've never really gotten into the battle frontier until a few days ago. i used to think it was kinda stupid, but now i think its pretty cool! with that being said, i now realize that i kinda suck at pokemon D: my party now consists of:

Latias lv100, sassy, max ev sp attack and sp defense
    thunder, psychic, hyper beam, recover

Octillery lv100, rash, max ev attack and sp attack
    ice beam, psybeam, hyper beam, octazooka

Miltank, lv100, ???, normal ev
    body slam, hyper beam, milk drink, heal bell

i've only made it to 26 win streak so far... please someone tell me what i'm doing wrong and who i should switch out and for what... i need help! lol

psyanic

Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Latias lv100, sassy, max ev sp attack and sp defense
    thunder, psychic, hyper beam, recover

Octillery lv100, rash, max ev attack and sp attack
    ice beam, psybeam, hyper beam, octazooka

Miltank, lv100, ???, normal ev
    body slam, hyper beam, milk drink, heal bell

i've only made it to 26 win streak so far... please someone tell me what i'm doing wrong and who i should switch out and for what... i need help! lol
    Umm... not sure if this is in the right thread or something XD

But, I'd definitely take out Hyper Beam from everything. It's a terrible move unless it's on a Slaking, who will spend its recharging the Hyper Beam on Traunt anyway, so it doesn't matter. But for everything else it does. It's a horrible move in the Battle Frontier.

Octillery, don't use Octazooka. Surf is a much better option, more base power, more accuracy. Take off Psybeam, you won't need it. Put in Sludge Bomb instead, since you invested a bit of Attack EV's. Ice Beam is fine. Then you can put in a choice, Rock Blast or Flamethrower.

Latias, replace Hyper Beam with something like Calm Mind. Tbh, I like Latias as a legitimate sweeper, as in max Special Attack EV's and max Speed EV's. It's really good at Calm Minding with a BoltBeam combo (Thunderbolt and Ice Beam). So, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Calm Mind, Recover.

Miltank, take off Hyper Beam and put in Curse. You'll have fun with this one.

Going on apart from your team, one thing I've learned is that you have to keep your team diverse, as in constantly in a rotation. Don't use the same pokemon more than three times in a row, otherwise the Emerald AI will pick up on it and start countering it. Like, I recently began playing again and I used a Scizor. Eventually, every pokemon I fought either had Hidden Power Fire, Flamethrower, or Fire Blast, all 0HKO's. Another example is that I'd use a Fake Out turn for the Battle Arena, but the Emerald AI used Pokemon with Inner Focus to make my strategy null.

So, keep a team in constant rotation. And don't forget to change your strategies, like sometimes you want an Annoyer, other times a Sweeper, or just an All-out Attacker. Good luck, and have lots of fun!

Back