• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Emerald Challenge

shwoop-de-wooper

3rd gen noob, 2nd gen legend!
    Years
    Hey,

I hope something like this hasn't been posted anywhere already, if it has sorry I just didn't know what to search for.

Anywho...

A friend and I, after both completing Emerald have decided to both restart Pokemon Emerald but only use one of the primary types (grass/water/fire) of pokemon all the way through.

We both made the rules that we could use a gameshark right at the start of the game and be able to catch a team of non-legendary, unevolved pokemon of the type we are using.

For example, I'm attempting to get all the way through with fire pokemon so at the start I picked Torchic (obviously) then using a gameshark to catch a team of:

1) Charmander 2) Vulpix 3) Growlithe 4) Cyndaquil 5) Torkoal.

Obviously you can catch other types for HM moves like for instance in my game I caught a Tailow to fly to other cities etc. but you cannot use these for battling.

The only other rule is that after you have caught your team of pokemon no other gameshark use is allowed.

I was wondering if anyone else has attempted something similar and if not you should try it. It's much more challenging (No S***!)

Well anyway,

I was kinda hoping if you had or are going to you could post your teams up here for comparison etc.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I've never done this before. Though, in Strategies and Movesets place, I've seen many people attempting to make a team with only one type of Pokemon.

It does sound challenging, so good luck. :)

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    I did what you did, I have a team of just swamperts and I did great, they are all leveled in the 80 now, but good luck and let us know how it turns out for you.

shwoop-de-wooper

3rd gen noob, 2nd gen legend!
    Years
    Will do.

Not that far at the moment. I've just beaten Norman and I'm trying to raise my team up extra for the water gym.

Dave-o-rama

If you are a false don't entry
    Years
    i never thought of something like that. that would be a big challenge. maybe i could restart mine and pull that off. besides, i don't have anything would keeping on my emerald right now.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Will do.

Not that far at the moment. I've just beaten Norman and I'm trying to raise my team up extra for the water gym.

Why not just EV train them, so your team doesn't get killed by the weaknesses it has? I bet the extra stats would help a lot if you're going to use this over wifi..

Back