• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] (Emerald) Changing type Effectiveness

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2020
    I want to change Steel to be super-effective against Dragon, Poison to be super-effective against Water, and Electric to be not very effective against Fire for personal balance reasons. Through basic hex editing, I know how to change effectiveness that already exists, i.e. I could make Grass supereffective against fire by changing the values, but not sure how to add new data into the mix or whether or not adding in values at the end of the file will even work.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2020
    Does Type Effectiveness Editor work for Emerald? It's a tool found on PokeCommunity.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2020
    Well I'll be- of course a tool for this already exists. It works like a charm, even with romhacks. Now if such a thing were possible for Generation IV, that would probably make my week.

Back