• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald - Easy way to clone an ability?

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Hi! Lets say that i want the ability Keen Eye to have the same effect as Compound Eyes (raise accuracy). Is there an easy way to make this happen without using ASM? Like repointing the effects or something? Im having a hard time figuring this one out. Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi! Lets say that i want the ability Keen Eye to have the same effect as Compound Eyes (raise accuracy). Is there an easy way to make this happen without using ASM? Like repointing the effects or something? Im having a hard time figuring this one out. Thanks in advance!

I don't think there is. Ability effects are applied based on the ID of the ability (for example here is the check for compound eyes' battle effect). You would have to modify the code to check for both ability IDs which is pretty easy with the decomp but with binary hacking you will need to know ASM.

Back