• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald, Elite Four Team Help

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Hi. On my emulator for Emerald, I have finally reached the Pokemon League after Victory Road. My team is the following:
    Swampert- Level 51: Surf, Brick Break, Ice Beam, Earthquake.
    Camerupt- Level 46: Eruption, Earthquake, Strength, Rock Slide
    Bellossom- Level 46: Petal Dance, Sludge Bomb, Sunny Day, Sleep Powder
    Gardevoir- Level 46: Psychic, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Future Sight
    Absol- Level 47: Toxic, Aerial Ace, Bite, Shadow Ball
    Swellow- Level 40: Fly, Wing Attack, Steel Wing, Quick Attack

Now I plan to get them all up to at least level 56 and am still training. I know my movesets for some of them are mediocre and I have all HMs and most accessible TMs. Is 56 a good level to take them on with and are there movesets I should alter? Thanks

Years
  • You're gonna want a full physical moveset for Swampert, a backup fire-type move for Camerupt (Eruption weakens the less HP you have), Shadow Ball for Gardevoir.
    For Absol, replace Bite with Night Slash ans Shadow Ball with Psycho Cut. Try and throw Brick Break in too, and don't bother with Toxic - Absol's too frail to dish it out and stay in afterwards.
    If your Swellow has Guts, get a status condition on it somehow and give it Facade.
    I know next to nothing about Bellossom, but the fact you've given it Sunny Day tells me it has Chlorophyll. Could be wrong. If that's the case, give it Solarbeam. You're already at double speed in sunlight due to chlorophyll, so why not take advantage of that even more with a single-turn Solarbeam?

It's been a very long time since I played Emerald, but 56 is a good level to start with, I assume.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Psycho Cut and Night Slash were introduced in Gen 4, so I can't get them. Bellossom learned Solarbeam by leveling so I replaced Petal Dance. It has Chlorophyll. Gardevoir couldn't learn SB because I used that TM on Absol. Shadow Ball is a physical move in Gen 3 so it fits him much better as Gardevoir has low physical attack. Swampert has Brick Break from its TM and Absol can't learn it anyways... I understand you haven't played for a while but you were incorrect with many things.. not trying to be mean. And Swampert has Earthquake and Brick Break as physical moves. And in Gen 3 all water moves are special along with Ice, and I need ice beam (Drake) and Surf.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Alright I finished training and everything.
    My team follows:
    Swampert Lv. 58 (Soft Sand): Surf, Ice Beam, Brick Break, Earthquake
    Bellossom Lv. 56 (Miracle Seed): Solarbeam, Sunny Day, Sleep Powder, Sludge Bomb
    Camerupt Lv. 56 (Charcoal): Flamethrower, Eruption, Earthquake, Rock Slide
    Absol Lv. 56 (Persim Berry for Sydney, Amulet Coin for rest): Aerial Ace, Shadow Ball, Return, Toxic
    Swellow Lv. 56 (Sitrus Berry): Facade, Fly, Wing Attack, Agility
    Gardevoir Lv. 58 (Sitrus Berry): Psychic, Thunderbolt, Light Screen, Calm Mind.
    I have tons of hyper potions, revives, full heals and some full restores and feel ready. I'll take them on tomorrow so any suggestions??

Back