• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Emerald Pokedex mistake

AlexPokemon

o noez.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2008
    I found an error in Girafarigs entry. It says 'Girafarig is an herbivore.
    Anyone seen any other mistakes?

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    that's not a mistake. "Herbivore" begins with a vowel sound, so it should be "an".

EDIT: according to the dictionary, "herbivore" can have the "h" silent OR not silent (alternate pronounciation)

Jamie006

Old School Pokémaster
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008
    I've got kind of a well-known one. In R/S, Mawile's entry misspells its name "Mawhile," with an h.

..except in the Ruby version I bought used about a month ago, it has the correct spelling. Was there an update at smoe point, or is this another effect of fixing the berry glitch, or is my game not legit or something?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Queen Boo, your post had nothing to do with the topic at hand; stay on topic, please.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    An error in both Emerald and R/S:
    Emerald Pokedex mistake
    is not shiny, but in Emerald it is. Look:
    Emerald Pokedex mistake

They have the same colour but only one is shiny.

derv1205

Trade/Battle/Breed/Clone (X,B2,D)
    Years
    I dont see that they have the same colors :S , but they're similar ^^
    i haven't noticed any mistake, i just play the game, i don't read avery single
    letter to see a mistake in the spelling or look at the colors of the
    pokemon :P xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    The only clear difference are the teeth, but the legs are a little brighter in the SG sprite and the body have some lilac in it, but after all they are from two different generations, so there are small differences.

Back