• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EMERALD TEAM HELP!

cooltrainerjeremy

Combusken Fan!
    Years
    This time I will try my hardest not to argue back because it is hopeless and try to keep in mind that I dont have a GBA link cable so
    trading from other games isn't an option!

Combusken@Charcoal**Blazer
    Nature~Hasty
    EV spread~Speed
    Moves:
    Flamethrower
    Strength
    Sky Uppercut
    Double Team

Dustox@Leftovers**Dusty
    EV spread:att.
    Moves:
    Sludge Bomb
    Psybeam
    Silver Wind
    Giga Drain.

Aggron@Hard Stone**Aggressor
    EV spread: Def.
    Moves:
    Dragon Claw
    Thunderbolt
    Iron Tail
    Brick Break.

Salamence@Dragon Fang**Intimidator
    EV spread:
    Moves:
    Dragon Claw
    Fly
    Earthquake
    IronTail.

Milotic@Shell Bell**Milo
    EV spread:SP. DEF.
    Moves:
    Hydr Pump
    Ice Beam
    Toxic
    Recover

Dusclops@Lum berry**Duscy
    EV spreafd:SP. ATTK.
    Moves:
    Psychic
    Shadow Punch
    Focus Punch
    Substitute.

All Pokemon are LV.60 and yes this is a Battle Frontier Team plz feel free to give me advice!THIS IS THE BEST FORMAT I COULD GET.

Last edited:

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    ugh i can barely read thins use the basic format plz if u don't know what that is its...

Poke@item**nickname
    nature
    ev spread
    move 1
    move 2
    move 3
    move 4

also 2 turn moves like fly aren't that good but its for battle fronteir and most HM's don't work well...

EDIT: also why do u have combusken do u mean blaziken

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    k but its best if u take off charcoal since its only powering 1 move...same w/ dragon fang...iron tail is bad cuaz of low acuracy lefties>shell bell

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    An EV spread looks something like this: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Def

Not this: Special attack.

k?

so...it's an ingame team, a poor attempt at EV training. This is only for competitive, this clearly is an ingame team. ANYTHING works ingame. ANYTHING. Still, there are many parts of this team that are epic fail...

-Iron tail sucks
    -Special attacks on aggron are horrible
    -attacks on dusclops are fail
    -charcoal/hard stone/dfragon fang are fail
    -Fly is VERY fail

So take these things out first. After that, try making dustox into more of a special sponge, as that's all it can do. Attacking with it is like walling with dugtrio. It aint gonna happen. Try pseudopassing.

Spice Curry

"...For that, your game ends."
    Years
    Oddly enough, Combusken is my favorite Pokemon as well. Design-wise, not competitive-battling wise, though.

Would the Endure+Reversal+Salac strategy be viable in Battle Frontier? (Don't remember if there are Tyranitar-users in BF). Cause then he cold stick that set on the fire fowl.

If this is a Battle Frontier Team, you can only use three Pokemon at a time, right? So how come you have all six?

Dustox isn't all that great tbh: (he's like NU in competitive play) he's rather frail, slow and doesn't have that great attack. If you want a better poison type, maybe you'd like to consider Weezing or even Muk.

General tip: don't use HM moves on your main Pokemon unless the HM is named Surf. Strength, Cut, Fly, Dive, Rock Smash, etc. are all rather useless.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Blaziken @ Salac Berry (F)
    Trait: Blaze
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, Def)
    - Endure
    - Reversal
    - Flamethrower
    - Hidden Power Flying

Milotic @ Leftovers (F)
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    Bold Nature (+Def, Atk)
    - Surf/Ice Beam
    - Sleep Talk
    - Hypnosis
    - Recover

Salamence @ Leftovers (M) **DDmence
    Trait: Intimidate
    Jolly / Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power Flying
    - Rock Slide. Inferior to DDnite. But meh. As for the others, this is a BF Team, so no 6 Pokemon. And i'm not even sure on their Movesets. The Format should be simular to how I post it.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Blaziken @ Salac Berry (F)
    Trait: Blaze
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, Def)
    - Endure
    - Reversal
    - Flamethrower
    - Hidden Power Flying

TTar :/ By that I mean sandstream. Otherwsie heracross would use this set, correct?

Milotic @ Leftovers (F)
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    Bold Nature (+Def, Atk)
    - Surf/Ice Beam
    - Sleep Talk
    - Hypnosis
    - Recover

Sleep talk? Wouldn't you have rest then? And hypnosis is 60 acc in 3rd gen, ehich IMO isn't worth it.

Salamence @ Leftovers (M) **DDmence
    Jolly / Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power Flying
    - Rock Slide. Inferior to DDnite. But meh. As for the others, this is a BF Team, so no 6 Pokemon. And i'm not even sure on their Movesets. The Format should be simular to how I post it.

CBmence might be obvious, but very little can stop it. VERY little. It is THE set to use in ADV, just like specsmence in D/P.

Salamence (F) @ Choice Band ** Monstermence
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast / Brick Break
    - Hidden Power [Flying]
    - Rock Slide

Is the standard CBmence lead, the most common lead IMO. It works great at the battle frontier, tore through half of the arenas.

If you want aggron:

Aggron (F) @ Leftovers ** EQ > Me
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Atk
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Focus Punch
    - Thunder Wave
    - Rock Slide

Meh. I suck with aggron, tear my set up please ;)

Dusclops (M) @ Leftovers ** Noir
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Imprison
    - Earthquake
    - Night Shade

Wow. I don't know jack about this guy either. But imprison + EQ is a blessing.

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
    This Dusclops rocked...

Dusclops @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    Relaxed Nature
    - Will-o-Wisp / Toxic
    - Seismic Toss
    - Pain Split / Rest
    - Shadow Ball

Shadow Ball OHKOs Alakazam if you have enough EVs. If Dusclops' Atk reaches about 200+, then you're set. Will-o-Wisp / Toxic and Pain Split are fun, just don't run into Blissey. Clops is a really nice tank in ADV. I used him in Battle Tower with Curse and Wish support. AI are too stupid to switch when their Pokemon are afflicted by Curse.

EDIT: Oh, you can't trade... scratch Pain Split, then. Then do Will-o-Wisp, Seismic Toss, Rest, and Shadow Ball.

Last edited:

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Sleep talk? Wouldn't you have rest then? And hypnosis is 60 acc in 3rd gen, ehich IMO isn't worth it.
    Hypnosis probably wasn't meant to be there, but meh. It can still be used for fun. Most people don't like Resttalk.

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Blaze wipes brandon with reversal+endure but might want thunder punch for lucy's milotic and your milotic wants surf NOT hydro pump! And for tucker's mence keep ice beam.Third one could be mence or gross.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Blaze wipes brandon with reversal+endure but might want thunder punch for lucy's milotic

Yeah, because milotic sucks at taking special attacks [/sarcasm] Not to mention it'll OHKO you with mirror coat.

and your milotic wants surf NOT hydro pump! And for tucker's mence keep ice beam.Third one could be mence or gross.

Lucy is so easy, just to point that out. even my n00bolet friends took her out with ease. the only remotely hard arena is the pyramid, since you can necver escape the pokemon and finding everything takes so long. which a run away dodrio is for.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Please give us real EV spreads. If you claim you understand EVs, than maybe you should post them.

Def.
    Atk.

Those are not EVs. Those are just stating facts that possibly have no meaning.

An example of an EV Spread is 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Defense

I'd like to point out that Fly is not necessarily bad due to the fact that this is a Battle Frontier. It could work as a strategy with Milotic's Surf - hitting both pokemon with 95 power and missing the airborne partner.

But please, Iron Tail is a horrible move. It offers such a low accuracy rate for an average power. Do not use it.

Spice Curry

"...For that, your game ends."
    Years
    I'd like to point out that Fly is not necessarily bad due to the fact that this is a Battle Frontier. It could work as a strategy with Milotic's Surf - hitting both pokemon with 95 power and missing the airborne partner.

Remember, this is 3rd generation. Surf does not hit your partner =] (how I miss that)

Back