• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Emerald - Trouble Inserting Abilities

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    I can't seem to find any answers online, so here's hoping anyone can help.
    I was looking through the Ability Resource Thread to find implementations of abilities for a ROM hack for Emerald that I'm working on.
    I found an implementation of DeltaStream/PrimordialSea/DesolateLand which seemed interesting by kleenexfeu.

It asks for Moxie to be implemented optionally, which I attempted to do multiple times with no success. When I give a pokemon the ability, the game will crash and give me an error that the game jumped to an invalid address. This same thing happened when I tried to use kleenexfeu's Delta Stream.
    Desolate Land would reset the game when I used certain moves and Primordial Sea seemed to work, but I didn't test it too much.

Unfortunately there's only a compiled version of the hack for Moxie in the thread, so I can't really dissect it to see if it's some error or if I somehow misused it. Kleenexfeu's post is kinda big, so I'm unsure if I did it correctly either.
    I also re-inserted the callasm/setword/battle loader hacks multiple just in case, but nothing seems to change.

I've searched multiple times online, dug through threads and tried various things but can't find any solid answers or anyone with a similar issue. Maybe this implementation is incorrect, maybe kleenexfeu's implementation doesn't work (I also struggled to implement his Mega Evo hack actually), or maybe I'm misunderstanding how to insert them.

Any ideas on what might be the issue? Thanks.

Back