• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] Emerald - Turn Dark type into a Physical type and Ghost into Special

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Hi everyone! I have one simple doubt. I always found weird that Dark type is special in gen 3 and Ghost type is physical. I wanted to know how can i switch these two around without using the Physical/Special split. If someone can link me to a tutorial or explain to me how to do it in a hex editor i would appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi everyone! I have one simple doubt. I always found weird that Dark type is special in gen 3 and Ghost type is physical. I wanted to know how can i switch these two around without using the Physical/Special split. If someone can link me to a tutorial or explain to me how to do it in a hex editor i would appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance!

I don't think there's a simple byte change for doing that. The easiest way to switch them around with binary hacking would likely be to apply the physical special split to your rom and set all ghost type moves as special and dark type moves as physical (and every other move to physical/special depending on its type).

Back