• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emotional video game moments~

Lickitricky

Avast, ye scurvy dogs!
    Years
    I was looking for a thread like this and was stunned at how there wasn't a recent one~

Many of us have been playing video games for years and years, and will continue to do so for a long time.
    Even though we have spent countless hours pushing buttons and staring at a screen showing some made-up thing, wasn't there a moment where you felt really bad for something happening in that made-up world? A moment where you cried of sadness or happiness, or when you felt like jumping up and shouting out of joy?

What was your moment of emotion during video gaming? Please describe the context and characters involved in the game and moment, so that people can have an idea of the situation.

Mine was:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Killing the boss in MGS3
    The ending to MGS4
    The ending to FF6
    Rachel in ff6

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    The end of Chrono Trigger when I wasn't sure whether Robo had a place in the new future or not...

Paper Ghost

[torn to shreds]
    Years
    Back when I liked Ace Attorney, I remember like......the ending of the first game made me cry? :/

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I beat Mother 3 today. Saddest. Game. Ever. I cried. I won't spoil anything, though. It's just one of those "you have to play it" things. Then you'll understand.

Edit: GUYS I JUST CRIED AGAIN. This game just broke my heart. :( Seriously. I feel so sad and I need Lucas and Claus plushies to hug...that way I would know they're okay. ;;

Last edited:
    Years
    Some moments in the Kingdom Hearts series make me tear up a little. Most of my 'emotional' moments were near the end of the first game and Chain of Memories. The second had a ton during the beginning (poor Roxas) but not so much the end except for a character 'death'. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess had a few moments but the last one was a bittersweet WTF heartbreaker. I didn't cry, but I was shocked to say the least.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    All of my post is rather spoilery. Just know it's Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, The World Ends With You, and Kingdom Hearts Days.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Yes, many many times. And it always came down to one thing:

"I played all the way through this game for hours for THIS?!"

Always involving crappy game endings. I hate crappy game endings. They do make me feel emotional - frustrated, bored, defeated and like I have wasted my time. A game ending should make you feel VICTORIOUS! Instead most of them fizzle away into nothingness and leave you with a feeling you've just been *****-slapped. It's why I just don't play games these days, except Pokemon and Half-Life series because I play them just for the sake of playing, and not to win. Or games where you complete it once and get to play it again in hard mode with new bonus features (only when they're good and they make the 2nd run a lot more interesting. New outfits are just boring.).

Lickitricky

Avast, ye scurvy dogs!
    Years
    Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess had a few moments but the last one was a bittersweet WTF heartbreaker.

Omg I totally forgot about that ending... It was such a beautiful and amazing game, and the end really shocked me: I didn't cry, but I came close enough :( It's annoying because I still don't get why Midna did that.

Also, let's see my Mystery Dungeon series: I beat Red Rescue Team two years ago, cried my eyes out, bought EoT about 1 and a half years ago, cried at the ending, lost EoT, so I bought EoD, beat it, cried even more, then found EoT and made a new game on it, cried, and then I restarted my EoD game because venusaur looks stupid on it, beat it this morning, and DIDN'T CRY :O
    IM SO PROUD OF MYSELF.

Theodore Bruno

ADORABLOODTHIRSTY
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2011
    I beat Mother 3 today. Saddest. Game. Ever. I cried. I won't spoil anything, though. It's just one of those "you have to play it" things. Then you'll understand.

Edit: GUYS I JUST CRIED AGAIN. This game just broke my heart. :( Seriously. I feel so sad and I need Lucas and Claus plushies to hug...that way I would know they're okay. ;;
    This. The whole entire game is emotional.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Several

Spoiler:

Paper Ghost

[torn to shreds]
    Years
    Okay, new one. I somehow came across the ending of PMD, Explorers of Sky, and it was SO sad but cute at the same time. *wants this game now, wut*

JeXsus™

I don't need an avatar!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    My emotional moment was in FF7. When Aerith died, =( It still hurt whenever I replay the game every year. ^_^ But it truly is sad, also when Cloud went through his spiral and didn't know who he was. Really sad, =(

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
    well, i didn't cry, but i went into a depression for a few days after i beat dragon age. that game has a few touching moments any way you play

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    The ending to Final Fantasy XIII is very sad.

Spoiler:

Also, God of War III emotional ending moment:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back