• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Empoleon, Torterra, or Infernape

Which is YOUR favorite Sinnoh starter evolution?

• Empoleon

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Infernape

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • Torterra

Votes: 70 36.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
    I started with Piplup in Pearl, but the game card was still in my DS when I sent it to get fixed and the file got erased. I didn't get far, though, which is good.

I restarted with Turtwig and I started to like it a lot. Torterra is my favorite Sinnoh starter final evolution.

In Platinum, I started with Chimchar. I love Infernape along with Torterra.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Torterra. My Terry is a great fighter, he can take Ice Beams and his Earthquakes are deadly. He has great defence, d'uh, but he's also quite fast :o

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    Empoleon. <3
    The others seem like ridiculous copies of previous starters. =\

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    How is Empoleon losing?!! And to Infernape?!?! Empoleon hands down. Though I was too happy with its movepool (besides Brine, Aqual Jet, Drill Peck, Metal Claw) my Empoleon, and just about every other, could totally dominate the other two starters :D.

Though torterra is pretty good too. Restarted my platinum and chose it and haven't looked back since then.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Empoleon it's look cool and majestic! If only it were faster...but what do you expect from a water starter...all of them have been slow so far...

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    My personal favourite would be Infernape. It looks so cool, could you imagine a monkey on fire lol? It's also the fastest of all of the three, so it can easily defeat Torterra and Empoleon with Fire Blast and Close Combat. Infernape is also the best of the three competitively.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Infernape is by far the best with awesome Att + Speed combined with the STAB in the form of Fight/Fire and comes with the most powerful physical fire AND physical Fighting? Yeah hes amazing and with thunderpunch BOOM there goes Pengy

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    The Infernape evo chain. I'm 2 crazy about Chimchar, but Monferno and Infernape are sweet! Infernape is a jack of all trades when it comes to offense:D

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
    Years
    I like all three of them.

I don't really like Empoleon when running through the game, as its the hardest to play.

I like Infernape the most, as out of the three its one of my favorite IRL animals. That, and it got me two wins over online play...

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2019
    Torterra, this as being the first Grass starter I've liked. It's Grass AND Ground, awesome design with the tree :P

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    Torteria is by far the best for one thing empoleon dosent fit and inferneape=Clone of blaziken

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    I choose infernape and Torterra.Who wouldnt want a turtle and a fighting monkey?

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Torteria is by far the best for one thing empoleon dosent fit and inferneape=Clone of blaziken

LOL torterra cant take a hit from even an Ice Shard off a decent att poke

Last edited:

Translator

I want a blog.
    Years
    Empoleon is my favorite starter Pokemon out of all the Sinnoh starters. I like him because I like Water type Pokemon.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    Infernape. I thought Chimchar had the best design when I first played the game and I found it easier to use. I have used Turtwig and Piplup on my Platinum game and I found them a little more difficult to use.

Back