• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen [Emrald] Elite 4 [#2]

Sir Pikachu

HeHe. Pika Pika.
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    Ok guys i really need help with this lady. What moves should I use to attack them? My Blaziken has no promblem with the first. Heres My Blaziken stats.

Blaziken Lvl.76
    Type. [Fire] [Fight]

HP.244/244 | SP.ATK.192
    ATTACK.191 | SP.DEF.129
    DEFENSE.155 | SPEED.156.

ATTACKS
    [NORMAL] STRENGTH (PP 15)
    [GROUND] EARTH QUAKE (PP 10)
    [GROUND] DIG (PP 10)
    [PSYCHC] REST (PP. 10)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    So you need help with Phoebe, right?

Phoebe's team consists of...

Dusclops - Level 48
    Dusclops - Level 51
    Banette - Level 49
    Banette - Level 49
    Sableye - Level 50

Seeing as all of her Pokemon are of the Ghost type, you will need a good Pokemon that can counter them. I highly suggest a normal type. Spinda would work if it was a little more bulky, but it's hard to pull off a good Spinda tactic. Own Tempo will be useful, though, since Phoebe tries to Confuse Ray you. Otherwise, Zangoose, Exploud, and Swellow are some good normal types for some straight-forward damage inducers.

Dusclops are the two bulky members of the team. They can last around for a long time and inflict status onto you fairly easily. Banette is slow and fragile, but when it does attack, it goes for a pretty hard punch. Sableye is meh, it's fairly easy to take down. It having no weaknesses is nice, but it should be fairly easily because it's pretty weak on both offense and defense.

Oh, and by the way, you have to fix that Blaziken moveset up. I know it's in-game, but come on – it has to be better than that. D:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    A Blaziken without ANY STAB move is a very very sad Fire Chicken. NEVER waste Earthqake on a Fighting-type Pokemon. It is unnecessary. That rare Earthquake should be saved for a good physical attacker like Salamence, Flygon, Metagross, or the like.

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    I'd recommend (if you go full out attack):
    Flamethrower
    Brickbreak/Sky Uppercut
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace/Facade
    Try not to repeat types in your movesets. Also, try raising a team instead of one pokemon

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    You don't really need Rest, just buy some Revives and Hyper Potions.
    Why Earthquake AND Dig? You don't need either. Catch some Luvdisc, get some Heart Scales and get him a STAB attack. I think at least one of her Pokemon have Levitate. Levitate+Ghost+your moveset=you getting owned. If I were you, I'd catch a few pokemon and train them up in Victory Road.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Flamethrower
    Brickbreak/Sky Uppercut
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace/Facade
    Try not to repeat types in your movesets. Also, try raising a team instead of one pokemon
    Again, placing Earthquake on the Fire Chicken is a complete waste. A Ground and Fighting moves have similar strengths, and a STAB Sky Uppercut will do just as much damage. Here is the moveset you want:

Fire Chicken @ Leftovers
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 16 HP / 56 Atk / 240 SAtk / 196 Spd
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
    - Fire Blast
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Substitute
    - Thunderpunch

To be honest, I wouldn't use a Fire-type at all and go with something that is a bit more effective, but that is just me.

Darklugia

Resident poor person
    Years
    Ok guys i really need help with this lady. What moves should I use to attack them? My Blaziken has no promblem with the first. Heres My Blaziken stats.

Blaziken Lvl.76
    Type. [Fire] [Fight]

HP.244/244 | SP.ATK.192
    ATTACK.191 | SP.DEF.129
    DEFENSE.155 | SPEED.156.

ATTACKS
    [GROUND] DIG (PP 10)
    [PSYCHC] REST (PP. 10)

1. Most importantly, why only have one pokemon? Even if you beat Pheobe you're gonna get screwed over by the harder, more powerful of the Elite four, if not Steven.

2. EQ and Dig?! What are you thinking? Thats not very smart is it, why have dig when EQ does more damage? and why have two moves of the same type?

3.Bulk up Its attack a wee bit.

4.This is what I think you should use:

Blaziken@Leftovers
    -Sky uppercut
    -Thunder/fire/ice punch
    -Submission/cross chop. Try and breed for them though :P
    -If not firepunch, flamethrower. if Firepunch, well, its up to you :P

5. Get some pokes! the more varied your team, the easier it will be.

But you're way ahead of yourself man, everyone knows raising a team is better than raising one poke.

That is all.

Sevre90210

insert title here <----
    Years
    Never try to do it with one pokemon,usually 3 will do brilliantly.

Anyway for your Blazikens moveset try this:

Overheat
    Sky Uppercut
    Aerial Ace
    Blaze Kick

Common moves which will save you from groaning,especially since once you get to Drake and that EQ fails.

Also grab a Salamence and a Flygon,good good pokemon.

Don't you think that R/S/E had a very easy E4? Getting easier every generation I'm telling you! =[

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    Just leave the Elite 4 and go catch a Rayquaza at the sky tower, Remove REST and replace with thunderbolt and you are the most powerful trainer in the game.

You can now beat the E4 with one attck for each pokemon.

Sir Pikachu

HeHe. Pika Pika.
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    1. Most importantly, why only have one pokemon? Even if you beat Pheobe you're gonna get screwed over by the harder, more powerful of the Elite four, if not Steven.

2. EQ and Dig?! What are you thinking? Thats not very smart is it, why have dig when EQ does more damage? and why have two moves of the same type?

3.Bulk up Its attack a wee bit.

4.This is what I think you should use:

Blaziken@Leftovers
    -Sky uppercut
    -Thunder/fire/ice punch
    -Submission/cross chop. Try and breed for them though :P
    -If not firepunch, flamethrower. if Firepunch, well, its up to you :P

5. Get some pokes! the more varied your team, the easier it will be.

But you're way ahead of yourself man, everyone knows raising a team is better than raising one poke.

That is all.
    No dude i have more pokemon. lol. ill post them tomarrow. SLEEP TIME. Night!

Ill try to catch raquaza ok

Last edited:

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Blaziken Lvl.76
    Type. [Fire] [Fight]

HP.244/244 | SP.ATK.192
    ATTACK.191 | SP.DEF.129
    DEFENSE.155 | SPEED.156.

ATTACKS
    [GROUND] DIG (PP 10)
    [PSYCHC] REST (PP. 10)

What!?!?
    Remove Strength , HM's are disgusting(Except SURF)
    Dig & Rest as well-you already have Earthquake dude.
    Sky uppercut, Blaze Kick, Fire Blast/Overheat would be good enough to defeat Phoebe(Pressure is her main, pack up on ether & Leppa)

Years

Blaziken Lvl.76
    Type. [Fire] [Fight]

HP.244/244 | SP.ATK.192
    ATTACK.191 | SP.DEF.129
    DEFENSE.155 | SPEED.156.

ATTACKS
    [GROUND] DIG (PP 10)
    [PSYCHC] REST (PP. 10)
    Honestly, that has to be one of the worst movesets you could give Blaziken. You're taking away power by giving it moves that it gets no STAB off of. Having both Dig and Earthquake makes little sense, especially against Flying-types. A move like Strength is saved for HM slaves (really, the only HM moves that I'd keep would be Surf and maybe Fly). And I still don't understand why people use Rest, since you can get the same benefit from a Hyper Potion or Max Potion without having to waste a couple turns because of being asleep.

Blaziken should have at least one Fire and Fighting type move; I.E. Sky Uppercut and either Flamethrower or Fire Blast will get the job done. A lot of people like Overheat for some reason, which is fine, but you better make sure that the battle won't be lasting much longer, since Overheat slices your Sp. Attack.

After that, the choice is yours. You can keep Earthquake, but keep in mind the lack of STAB doesn't help. I'd recommend Bulk Up, since that'll increase your Attack power a good amount to use for Sky Uppercut. You can also keep a secondary move on the side, like Brick Break, to destroy some of the annoying moves like Light Screen (though that isn't a very powerful move, so keep that in mind). Really, you should stick mainly to giving Blaziken moves in it's type range; that being Fire and Fighting. The added effect of STAB helps a lot, especially in bigger battles like the Elite 4.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    Sky Uppercut [LVL]
    Blaze Kick [LVL]
    Earthquake [TM] (yes it is smart to use your TM)
    Fire Blast [TM, Lilycove Dept. Store)

In ruby you can use groudon too, but in Emerald you can only get'm after beating E4 :(

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Oh, nice, we're getting a little competetive aren't we? XD;

Blaziken @ Leftovers
    Trait: Blaze
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 80 HP / 232 Attack / 196 Speed
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Overheat / Flamethrower
    - Rock Slide
    - Swords Dance

Swords Dance up and sweep right through your opponents team. That's how it works. As far as the nature and EVs go, you can alter it and twist it around since it's in-game and doesn't really matter much.

Swords Dance: Move Tutor in FireRed / LeafGreen. I know it's hard to get, so Earthquake can replace this if you want.

Flamethrower: Mauville Game Corner

Overheat: TM50 from Flannery's gym.

Rock Slide: FireRed / LeafGreen tutor. If you can't get it, go with a normal type move like Return or something. :x

Sky Uppercut: Level up.

Since this is only in-game, movesets really don't matter much. As said before, I suggest a normal type pokemon so the opponent won't hurt you with Shadow Ball.

Seeing as all of her Pokemon are of the Ghost type, you will need a good Pokemon that can counter them. I highly suggest a normal type. Spinda would work if it was a little more bulky, but it's hard to pull off a good Spinda tactic. Own Tempo will be useful, though, since Phoebe tries to Confuse Ray you. Otherwise, Zangoose, Exploud, and Swellow are some good normal types for some straight-forward damage inducers.

Dusclops are the two bulky members of the team. They can last around for a long time and inflict status onto you fairly easily. Banette is slow and fragile, but when it does attack, it goes for a pretty hard punch. Sableye is meh, it's fairly easy to take down. It having no weaknesses is nice, but it should be fairly easily because it's pretty weak on both offense and defense.
    Aaand there's Slaking.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    ...why? XD;

If you have a Heart Scale, you can give it to the Move Relearner in Fallarbor Town (I think). o3o

Brick Break works too.

Sir Pikachu

HeHe. Pika Pika.
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    Flamethrower
    Brickbreak/Sky Uppercut
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace/Facade
    I have Earth Quake and Aerial Ace.

...why? XD;

If you have a Heart Scale, you can give it to the Move Relearner in Fallarbor Town (I think). o3o

Brick Break works too.
    infact i do have it. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back