• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Encounters based on time of day?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    I've been Googling for days on this and can't find the answer. How do I set encounters based on time of day? Like for example, I want Pidgey to appear during mornings and days but not night.

Years
    If you go into your PBS folder and open Encounters.txt you will find an example of what your looking for. LandDay, LandMorning, and LandNight.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    You can also do it through the Debug option in the game when you're Playtesting your game. When you're playtesting the game through RPG Maker XP, just press X, then Debug (Or just press F9), then Information editors, then Edit Wild Encounters, then select the map you want to edit, then define the density (just set it to the normal 25,10,10), then set the Encounter type (here you can choose from Land (standard grass), Cave (if you're in a cave), Water (when you Surf), Rock Smash (Pokémon that appear when you smash rocks with the Hidden Move Rock Smash), Old Rod, Good Rod, Super Rod (all these are for fishing), Headbutt Low, Headbutt High (for when you Headbutt trees), Land Morning, Land Day, Land Night (these are the ones you're looking for), and Bug Contest (for the Bug contest in Johto. I don't know how this works, it's a bit more complicated).

Then when you've selected the Encounter type, you can click on it with C, and you will be pushed to a list consisting of Bulbasaur's name only . You can click on all these Bulbasaurs and a new screen will pop up, with ALL the Pokémon names within it, ordered after their National Pokédex number. Then just scroll down, choose the wanted Pokémon, press C, decide that Pokémon minimum level, and decide its maximum level.

And that's pretty much it. If you're new and don't know a lot about editing txt-files yet, this is the safe way to do it. Often your game can crash because you made one single mistake (like putting a '.' instead of ','). But when you do it in-game, you won't mess up anything.

I hope this helped, if you need any help, I can recommend that you watch Thundaga's How To Make A Pokémon Game Tutorial series, he currently has 54 episodes on Youtube, and it's an on-going series that really helped me getting started making Pokémon games

Back