• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen End-Game Grinding For EXP/Money/Vitamins

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
    Easy End-Game Grinding For EXP/Money/Vitamins

So, here's an interesting piece of information that I've searched a bit for and haven't found written anywhere.

We all know how Pokegear rematches work - you call a trainer at a certain time of day, and they'll challenge you to a rematch. But! Did you know that, during that time of day, the trainers can be called and fought any number of times?

For example...
    For HP Up: Joey and his Raticate give this after they are defeated. He accepts rematches Mondays from 10 am to 8 pm. You can call him any number of times between those times. I did this yesterday and ended up getting over 30 HP Ups. I sold enough to give myself 10 left over for whatever my next effort training project is.
    There's one trainer for almost every kind of vitamin (I'm not too sure about Zinc...) throughout the week. Look them up on a Gamefaqs guide or something like it. They each can be rematched many times in a row.

For money: Today (Tuesday) Gentleman Alfred in the Lighthouse does rematches from 10 am to 8 pm. With an Amulet Coin or Luck Incense, and on his last phase (one level 58 Noctowl) he gives 23,200. This can be done over and over, of course, and the cash adds up really quick. I've been working on that today.

For EXP and Effort Values: Any number of trainers have plenty of good Pokemon that give tons of EXP (7,000+ per fight, in many cases.) Along with it, with some research about what the trainers have and when they can be rematched, you can exploit all these battles for EV's.

All of this, of course, applies to gym leader rematches, too. Just call over and over, once after each fight, until their designated time of day ends. Keep in mind that, for example, 12 am to 4 am on Friday counts as Friday Night, even though it's the early morning.

Sorry if this is common knowledge or anything, it's something that I ran across a couple of days ago and figured people would appreciate knowing if they didn't already. Makes the end-game grind up to fighting Red a little easier, plus getting money and vitamins quite easy.

Oh, and uh...
    Joey: Monday 10am-8pm, Route 30, HP-Up
    Huey: Wednesday 12-4am or 8pm-12am, Lighthouse, Protein
    Vance: Wednesday 12-4 am or 8pm-12am, Route 44, Carbos
    Parry: Friday 10am-8pm, Route 45, Iron
    Erin: Saturday 12-4am or 8pm-12am, Route 46, Calcium
    Alfred: Tuesday 10am-8pm, Lighthouse, $23,200/fight

Enjoy!

TL;DR: You can rematch everyone on your phone list that's able to have a rematch as many times as you want during their time of day. This can be used for money, EXP and vitamins!

Edit: Right! I should also mention, that in the case of the EXP count at 7000+, that's with my Pokemon equipped with Lucky Egg.

Edit 2: Remember, in order for them to battle you again, you have to leave the route they're on AND THEN call them. You can't ring them right in front of their face, unfortunately. XD;

- Tyros

Last edited:

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Oh, that's cool! I've never noticed that before! Thanks! ^_^ *Goes to the Olivine Lighthouse for some serious cash*)

Tyros

Years
    XD Have fun~ You'll get lots of levels off of it, too.

Since he only does that on Tuesday, remember you can get tons of cash from selling the vitamins you get from other days, too, if you're not gonna use them all!

- Tyros

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2013
    Did not know this. Thank you very much :). Too bad my team is already EV trained XD.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    wait what about lucky egg i got lots of lucky eggs and i thought there useless what can you use them for?

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Lucky egg held by the pokemon that is battling gives a 1.5x multiplier to the experience earned.

Tyros

Years
    Knitewulf: Oh well. XD There's always extra EXP or money to be had. And always the possibility of future EV training, any time you figure you want to add someone! 8D

Amaru: No problem! Rematching Alfred 5 times = over 100,000. He only has one Pokemon. Rematching the E4 a bunch of times... Well, that's 30 Pokemon for a payout of somewhere around 100,000 also. 5 Pokemon is a lot better and quicker. >__>;

The EXP on the E4 might be better than Alfred alone by EXP/time, but... For EXP/time, some of the other trainers out there that can be rematched are better than the E4, I'm sure.

TechnoSpark: Yep, it's a 1.5 multiplier. I get around 3.5k EXP per high-level, final form Pokemon with a Lucky Egg equipped. Firebreather Walt on route 35 had a Magmortar that gave me 3.7k each fight yesterday, I'm pretty sure.

- Tyros

Chunes

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • IL
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    Very informative thread. Thanks so much! :)

By the way—does anyone know if the 1.5x multiplier from the lucky egg works with the bonus XP from a traded pokemon?

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    That would have made Red a billion times easier...

Tyros

Years
    jmd: Haha, quite welcome. Glad it's helping!

Chunes: I believe it should... I'll test that in a little while and get back to you.

Calder: Yeah. n.n; That's what I'm working on right now, leveling up my Pokemon to be able to take him on. Or at least level 78 so Suicune can have Calm Mind. >:3

Overall update:
    So, I'm working on compiling a Word document that shows all the information for the highest level rematches for each trainer, including gym leaders, along with total EXP, money, EVs, and other such things. Once that's done, would anyone be interested on seeing that up on here? It'd be an easy way to look for who you want to battle, and who's best for levels on any given day.

- Tyros

Chunes

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • IL
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    So.. apparently the maximum amount of money you can have is 999,999. XD

Tyros

Years
    Justin: Yeah, same here. =/ Now I can get quite a few levels in one day spread over my entire team. Heck, my Pidgeot went from 68 to 70 in just, like, 5 or 6 battles with Bug Catcher Wade and his Butterfrees and Beedrill. O__o

Chunes: XD It's always been that. However, in this game, you can give 999,999 to your mom, and then fill yourself up again. That way, the max is technically 1,999,998. n.n

Tsavo and Ashley: n.n Quite welcome.

- Tyros

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Wow! Definately going for the money from Alfred. This will also be useful for when I start EV training as well. Thanks a bunch!

Back