• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Enemy trainers' Pokémon are lower down the screen

Years
  • I'm having a similar issue when players catch a trainer's Pokemon - the next one will spawn lower than it should.

Combining the two causes gives me this theory: When an enemy Pokemon faints, the game resets the coordinates to be displayed. It doesn't do it anywhere else. Thus, it adds the coordinates to the existing ones, resulting in a lower display than normal.

Thank you for this new info, and if I get a fix I'll tell you.

Sir_Tman

Overworked game Dev
    Years
  • I had a similar thing.
    Look around in the script "PokeBattle_SceneConstants" round line 74-117 there are a bunch of things here to adjust heights and stuff for battler sprites and trainer base sprites have a fiddle with the numbers also copy the script and save it into a notepad or something for back up in case you accidently mess something up.
    I would also recommend going into the editor and auto-reposition all sprites then go through and tweak them individually.

Years
  • I had a similar thing.
    Look around in the script "PokeBattle_SceneConstants" round line 74-117 there are a bunch of things here to adjust heights and stuff for battler sprites and trainer base sprites have a fiddle with the numbers also copy the script and save it into a notepad or something for back up in case you accidently mess something up.
    I would also recommend going into the editor and auto-reposition all sprites then go through and tweak them individually.

This isn't an error in position definitions - I've run into this myself. The Pokemon will spawn lower than it should because the original battler didn't faint.

@Froakie - sadly I didn't find any promising leads in regards to where the sprite postioning is handled during fainting.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    I have no idea either......(Rot8er_ConeX)

He's right, because the battler that was there never fainted as of then, so the error still remains..(Sir_Tman)

Last edited:

Sir_Tman

Overworked game Dev
    Years
  • Ok try looking in the 'PokeBattle_ActualScene' and try looking for the phrase "metric"

Edit:Sorry this is vag but its all I could find online and looking through scripts.

Years
  • Ok, I know this may be confusing due the username above. But, something went wrong with my account, so for right now, I'll be using this one. (Froakie34)

But all I got from looking for "metric" was:
    def showShadow?(species)
    metrics=load_data("Data/metrics.dat")
    return metrics[2][species]>0
    end

But that's all I came up with tho...

Last edited:

Sir_Tman

Overworked game Dev
    Years
  • Also here is a better question to ask which I don't know why we didn't ask before what version of essentials are you useing and are you useing something like the 6 gen pack did you change screen reselution.

The reason I asked this is because in your screen shots your enemys base looks way to high in your screen shots. its normaly lower.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Also here is a better question to ask which I don't know why we didn't ask before what version of essentials are you useing and are you useing something like the 6 gen pack did you change screen reselution.

The reason I asked this is because in your screen shots your enemys base looks way to high in your screen shots. its normaly lower.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Froakie did move the enemy's base. There was a whole thread earlier when he was confused as to why his changes didn't carry over to the editor.

AFAIK he also is using the Gen VI Pack.

Back