• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen English Translation! (:

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    Hello Otaku's lol. im in need of a little help, I recently purchased Ruby & Sapphire from japan. But i've always named myself SonGoku in all my pokemon games.! and cant make these an exception. Does anyone out there know how I can spell it using the "japanese Keyboard" in-game? these seem to be the characters -->孫 悟空
    but its pretty hard to spell them using pokemon's font..
    I know it'll be pretty hard for someone to help me.. but maybe you can post screens of it. circle the characters I should use..
    -btw guys im new at all this forum stuff xD . sorry if I sound so noob /.\

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    You can't use kanji in names so you won't be able to use those characters specifically but you can spell it out in hiragana like this: そんごくう

So you want to use the characters in the second screenshot you attached and just match them to what I wrote above. Note that in order to make ご, you have to select こ (fifth character in the second row) and then right after it, click " (off to the side underneath the question mark) and it will modify it to the correct one. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    You can't use kanji in names so you won't be able to use those characters specifically but you can spell it out in hiragana like this: そんごくう

So you want to use the characters in the second screenshot you attached and just match them to what I wrote above. Note that in order to make ご, you have to select こ (fifth character in the second row) and then right after it, click " (off to the side underneath the question mark) and it will modify it to the correct one. :)

-You sir, are awesome. thanks so much

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    But Cherrim is a girl. :o Anyway, as this has been answered, I'll go ahead and close this. Since there's really no where this kind of topic can go, I was gonna lock it, but I tweeted about it to see if someone could at least give you an answer. Cherrim to the rescue! In the future, if you need help with your Japanese, the best alternative I can think for you to ask is in the homework thread in Discussions and Debates. Seems weird, but it's close enough I suppose.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back