• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Enigma Crystal & Rock Capsule - Discussion

Do you think they are important?

• Yes

Votes: 38 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Seeing as how both are Key Items, they must have noticeable importance in the game.

Did the items get discovered by hacking or using codes?
    If that is the case, then they are probably items which they decided to scrap later on, just like the Red Chain and Magma Rock in D/P/Pt.

If it has been found in the games fair and square, then the ideas are different.
    For the Enigma Crystal, it has already been thought of that this is supposed to turn into Soul Dew and somehow help in the Latias/Latios sidequest.

As for the Rock Capsule, I see nothing like a rock in the sprite, so it might be a Lock Capsule too, who knows?
    Maybe it really will unlock some area? Maybe even a new Pokemon? Maybe it's supposed to do something in the future games? Maybe there is an in-game event that requires this?

Years
    As for the Rock Capsule, I see nothing like a rock in the sprite, so it might be a Lock Capsule too, who knows?
    Maybe it really will unlock some area? Maybe even a new Pokemon? Maybe it's supposed to do something in the future games? Maybe there is an in-game event that requires this?
    Yeah that seems to be the big question right now, because according to the item's code it is obtainable over WiFi and by WiFi only... so, it's either to do with an event, the Pokewalker, or a new game, or a new Pokemon.
    That's all I can think of.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    after what feelings said, even i feel they could be scrapped items. maybe getting it using a cheat.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    All the secret is in the word "capsule".
    My opinion is that it will unlock something never seen before.
    Ask yourself: Why it has to be a capsule and not an apple?

Years
    All the secret is in the word "capsule".
    My opinion is that it will unlock something never seen before.
    Ask yourself: Why it has to be a capsule and not an apple?
    HAHA, that made me chuckle... ALthough it would be cool if they had an actual apple item, rather than just leftovers... :3
    But back on topic, it IS all in the word capsule.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    well at least to confirm the latios/latias one?
    nobody would really have any idea about the lock capsule one so there'd be no point trying to figure that one out...
    okay, i cheated the items.
    here are all the odd items i found:

1. Loot Sack (used to carry loot obtained in coal mine) perhaps its soot sack.
    2. Old Charm (the one from D/p/pt)
    3. red chain " "
    4. magma stone
    5. Parcel!!!! (d/p/pt)
    6. coupon 1,2,3
    7. unown note

But there's no items mentioned in the first post....

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    pokebeach.com said:
    The Rock / Lock capsule has a relationship to Wi-Fi. In the game data, there is text that says, "The Rock Capsule is being looked after carefully. The Rock Capsule arrived safely!" It's probably a pre-programmed Mystery Gift. The data for the text above is in the same location as the Manaphy egg from Pokemon Ranger. Could there be a special Pokemon inside, a special item like the Mystery Crystal, or could it unlock something in a future game?

That is what they said about the Rock capsule, but even they don't sound too sure.

Years
    okay, i cheated the items.
    here are all the odd items i found:

1. Loot Sack (used to carry loot obtained in coal mine) perhaps its soot sack.
    2. Old Charm (the one from D/p/pt)
    3. red chain " "
    4. magma stone
    5. Parcel!!!! (d/p/pt)
    6. coupon 1,2,3
    7. unown note

But there's no items mentioned in the first post....
    That's because HGSS is based of Platinum's engine, and as of yet Pokesav is only capable of all the old ID's, and not the latest ID's of the Crystal/Lock Capsule. Perhaps you should check your General Items slot? (They may not be Key Items)

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    checking items, none. theres a soul dew already...

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    you could try going to the museum or something? maybe the soul dew might be activated there?
    I'd still like to see the lock capsule being fiddle with :3
    (as you may have noticed I've started calling it that now)
    hmm..... i dont have the lock capsule! howll i activate it?

Years
    hmm..... i dont have the lock capsule! howll i activate it?
    Nobody knows as yet... if somebody might be able to figure out how to obtain it... maybe through a wondercard... we might get a glimpse of it...

And Mitchman makes a good point, would the Soul Dew by itself activate the other Lati, or would it specifically have to be the Enigma Crystal?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    You would need to get the Enigma Crystal bring it to Pewter and get the event activated. If anything the only thing unknown is the lock/rock capsule not the Enigma Crystal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back