• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Enter The Necro Region ~The Land Shrouded in Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

King!

better
    Years
    DarkLink12: Interesting post, I saw a few errors though. Well, overall, it was good.

Hiro: Interesting as well, and don't worry, the length is natural for a first post. Although, like above, I saw a couple of errors.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Neku You could expand on your post, seeing as how you left it hanging and all. If you did plan to do that by editing, it would save a lot of problems in the future if you waited to post until you had your whole post written. On the hand of grammar and spelling, I didn't see any errors. It's a good post, but as I've said to other peoples' first post it could be longer.

Dark_Link12 I like how your character wan't to contact family and such but can't, mainly because of the way you can describe her feelings. I also like the mysterious guy, Kai, that keeps appearing and your character isn't always able to talk to him. Kai seems like a ghost or something, like Denny on Greys Anatomy, always appearing but hard to talk to. Good length, and only a few grammatical errors and no spelling errors that I could catch.

|:Hiro:| Though short, it was a good post. I didn't see any spelling or grammar issues, and length is kinda hard for this first chapter, considering that there isn't much to do. And I don't blame you about school, I'm the same way. But, luckily for me, I havn't had school for two days straight because of a really bad ice storm.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    It was a bright, breezy summer morning in Fuschia City. On the ninth floor of an apartment block by the harbor, several unfortunate pigeons scattered from the windowsill, startled out of their lazy little pigeon reveries by a loud and very alarmed "Gaaaah!"

Luna Gray woke up late on the morning of her departure to the Necro Region, accompanied by the strangled choking sounds her alarm clock made as it finally beeped - half an hour off schedule. She was halfway out the door of her aunt's posh apartment before she remembered to change clothes and grab her bulging backpack from where she had tossed it the night before. By the time she descended the stairs to the kitchen again, her aunt had risen and was sleepily frying bacon on the stove. Marissa Dare was absolutely not your typical headmistress figure - she was young, with curly brown hair framing a round, friendly face and glazed hazel eyes failing to notice the sleeve of her expensive navy-colored pantsuit drooping dangerously close to the frying pan. Still, she was awake enough to stop Luna from rushing out the door a second time by sticking her high-heel clad foot right in her niece's path and plunking her down firmly at the table with a decisive "Eat your breakfast!"

Luna was halfway through a heaping plate of eggs and bacon before she realized that the clock hanging over the stove read 5:23 AM, as opposed to her alarm clock, which read 6:25. Note to self: buy new alarm clock. Still, she slowed down considerably after that.

Her aunt sat down across from her, a briefcase filled with various scattered forms spilling open across her lap. "Well, I'm leaving for the academy now. You be careful in this 'Necro Region,' now, and be sure to send me a postcard or something. Really, I'm not worried or anything. I'm sure you can take care of yourself. What with the neighbors sending their nine- and ten-year-olds off to faraway countries left and right ... hmph!" She frowned disapprovingly and slammed the briefcase shut with a loud click. "Really, those kids should be at school instead of traveling the world with only a bunch of wild animals for company --"

"My ticket," Luna prodded her hurriedly, before she could dive into her full-blown speech.

"What? Oh, right, your ticket and everything." Her aunt handed her a large envelope packed with papers. "Don't lose this, now. Have you told all your friends that you're leaving?"

"Yes," Luna told her irritably. "And just for laughs, I've also told the nonexistant milkman, the postman, all seven of our neighbors, and the random homeless man I passed on the way back from school yesterday."

"Oh, you're in one of those bizarre teenage moods again." Marissa Dare stood up, flicking crumbs off of her suit. "Well, best of luck to you. I'm off now. Make sure to call me as soon as you get on the ferry!"

And with that, she was gone with a hug and a wave. As soon as she was out of sight, Luna stashed the remains of her breakfast in the fridge and, slinging on her backpack, left the apartment for good. It was a bit of an odd farewell to Fuschia City, but that was the way things worked in her relationship with her aunt - more of a partnership than a family.

She strolled down the sidewalk, enjoying the early-morning silence before the rush of commuters and tourists. The Fuschia harbor was a ten-minute walk away, jutting out from the pristine public beach that would soon be packed with swimmers and their Water Pokemon. Up the street was the Fuschia Academy for Girls, where her aunt was headmistress and where she attended school during the year. Bobbing in the restless waves by the pier was a large, impressive-looking white ferryboat with the words "Necro Ferry" painted boldy on the side in olive-green paint.

She walked slowly down the beach, ignoring the sand seeping into her sneakers. There would be plenty of time during the two-day ferry ride to clean out her shoes, anyways. Not for the first time, Luna found herself wondering who else had recieved the mysterious invitation from the elusive Professor Sinclair. Were they a wide assortment of people from all different backgrounds or, like her, just people who had missed great opportunities to see the world?

Well, this is it, anyways. She took a deep breath of the salty sea air, savoring some of her last views of Fuschia City, before turning around and starting down the boardwalk toward the ferry. There was no turning back now, she supposed.

OOC ~ Well, I'm back now, so I can start posting. :> Sorry if the beginning is a bit boring.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Soluna: Great job; you just got back, so it's OK ><' Though personally, I don't find it boring :3

King!

better
    Years
    OOC: Er.....if I SU can I still help the co-owners, just not rate myself? Username: King900000
    What You Would Like Us to Call You: King is fine;)

Basic Character Info.:
    Name: Jasper Otz
    Nicknames: N/A
    Hometown and Region: Lilycove, Hoenn

More Detailed Character Info. 1 - Appearance:
    Appearance: Jasper has messy, dirty-blonde hair, that sticks out all over the place and sometimes looks like an explosion. He has an oval shaped head, and his eyes are big, and a jasper color( Jas per is an opaque quartz, often reddish, yellowish, or brownish in color) They are the part of his face that draws the most attention. His nose and mouth are small, almost half the size of his eyes. He is tall for his age, about 5'9, and has a skinny, and scrawny build. His skin is pale and white, but it is very smooth. His arms go down to just under his bottom( you know) and his hands and feet are small. His chest is set high, and the things that make him tall are his long legs.
    Average Attire: Generally, the first glimpse at Jasper, would show you a boy in a hoodie, and dark jeans. Looking closer, you'd notice that his hoodie is a solid color, one for every different day of the week( he wears a different colored hoodie each day) The colors of his hoodie are: Red; Orange; Yellow; Green; Light Blue; White; and Pink. He usually wears the hoodie half zipped, and with the hood pulled up. Underneath the hoodie, he wears either a black or white t-shirt. The design an the hoodie, is a sketched-looking, opening pokeball. His jeans are a dark blue color, and are badly ripped at the cuffs. He wears black and white, worn-out, converse shoes.
    Formal Attire: For his Formal Attire, Jasper doesn't where anything too fancy. All he wears is a plain black tuxedo, with the normal white underneath, black tie, and black dressing shoes. Jasper has only been to one real fancy occasion in his life, his great aunt's wedding.
    Attire for the Cold: In the cold, Jasper wheres the same shoes and pants, but wears two hoodies, with both hoods pulled up instead. When it's real cold, he'll throw on a pair of green, leather gloves.
    Accessories: Jasper wears his hood up, as you should already know. He also has another important accesory, a silver backpack with the same sketched pokeball. Jasper wears two orange braclets(not real jewelrey) that say the words courage and truthful on them.

More Detailed Character Info. 2 - Personality:
    Likes: Pokemon, Traveling, Rare Things(?), quiet, Soda, Pizza, Alteritive Music, Reading, Studying, History, etc. (I'll think of others...maybe)
    Dislikes: Loudness(I don't think its a word, but you get it), Chinese Food, Milk, Math, Classical music, Decisions., Dark, Evil(not to sure), etc.(see above)
    Strengths: Taking care of Pokemon(Brock-ish way), Taking Tests, Staying calm in situations, Again, Studying, Drawing/ Map-Making, Taking notes( Mentally and Physically), etc.
    Weaknesses: Making Friends, Leading, etc.
    Personality: Jasper is a little shy, but can come out of the shadows at some points. He is not a good leader, and would rather follow the ground and go with the flow. Jasper is kind to almost everyone, even if inside he dislikes them. He isn't very good at keeping secrets, but if its for someone he deeply cares about, he'll try his hardest. He tries very hard to reach his goals, that he usually sets high on himself. When Jasper is battling, he doesn't get very into it, and doesn't really care if he loses. On the other end, with contests, Jasper applies his whole heart into it, and will always try his best, though again, he is not a sore-loser. Jasper will learn from his mistakes, and always try to patch up what he did wrong the last time. He is very knowlegable, when it comes to History, but will process slow when its Math. He is very good with Pokemon, in the not battling way, and will often learn from them to. Once someone gets to know Jasper, he will open himself to them, and seem like a totally different person.

More Detailed Character Info. 3 - History:
    Family: Jenny; 39; Mother
    Jacob; 40; Father
    ?????; 17; Brother/Rival
    Acquaintances: ???; 17; Brother/ Rival
    Past: When Jasper was born, his eyes were open, and very wide and noticable. He was born in the Kanto region, a great place for his parents, because they were resarchers. Jasper was born with a few diseases, and got sick a lot as a baby. Jasper always had a peculiar interest in Pokemon, and enjoyed watching battles between them, as the moves often dazzled his little brain. He loved the way that they were all so diverse, none were the exact same. When Jasper was 5, his parents moved to the Johto region, because they thought it would be better for Jasper's health. With him, Jasper took an Eevee, a rare Pokemon his parents were studying.

When Jasper was 7, he started at an enhanced Pokemon Academy, near Goldenrod City, where Jasper lived. His parents felt that Jasper's edjucation(I have no idea how to spell it right now...:P) was the second most important thing. The kids at school made fun of Jasper, because he was was so different and acted differently also. Jasper never confronted his parents, until he was ten years old. He pleaded his parents to let him leave the academy, and that the kids had gone to far. Caring for their son, and going for research, the family once again packed their bags, this time brining with them an Elekid and Magby.

This time, the Otz's moved to the Hoenn region, Lilycove city, where Jasper took up another academy. The kids here were nicer, and he learned much more. His family had relatives in Verdanturf, so Jasper visited often.

(I'm gonna' add this in, I'm sorry I forgot to in the first part :() Jasper has a mysterious, that not much is known about. All that is, is that he left to go on his own journey, in Kanto.

Now, Jasper is ready for a journey of his own. He will be going to the Necro region, a mysterious, yet wonderous, newly discovered land. All new Pokemon are here too, with many new adventures. Jasper will be tested on his strength, friendship, and trust with his own Pokemon. Can he makle it, in the Necro region?

Other:
    N/A

Starter:
    Desired Starter: Eevee (Will name)
    Any Nature/Gender/Ability Preferences?: N/A
    Any Oddities?: N/A

There, all done!

Last edited:

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
    Ryan checked the ticket in his hand, wharf seven. He was stood in the middle of the Slateport dock completely lost, the dock was a lot bigger than he had expected, it not only catered for the ferry that travel between regions but also cargo ships that carry goods to and from the region. He put the ticket back in his wallet and slid it in to the right hand pocket of his bright red shorts. Looking round Ryan saw people carrying creates, driving forklift trucks and operating cranes but no directions wharf seven.

"Great!" he shouted to no one in particular, as he realised what he had done. The boat had dropped him off on the beach, this morning, which was to the south of here. Apart from breakfast he had headed straight to the dock, which meant he was at the south end, the industrial end. The ferry would be at the north end of the dock. Ryan set off jogging down to the other end of the dock.

The north end of the dock was vastly different to the south end, for a start there weren't all the barbed wire fences and storage units. One thing was the same though and that was it was just as busy and noisy as the other end of the dock, since he had been here Ryan had encountered two of the reasons that he didn't like built up areas. One they are often very crowded, two you get lost very easily in them. As Ryan looked round he noted the third reason he didn't like cites, three advertising, thought as he added it to his mental list. This place was quite obviously based round tourism; there were shops, restaurants, a museum, arcades and billboards adverts everywhere. Ryan kept jogging until he arrived at wharf six, once there he walked the rest of the way to wharf seven. The ferry was white with a blue stripe running round it and the words S.S. Hydro written towards the front. At a guess, it might be able to carry two hundred people each with their own cabin, plus the crew of course. Ryan joined the queue to board the S.S. Hydro, behind a short lady carrying a Mawile in her arms. He was relieved when he got to the front of the queue in one piece, that Mawile had looked like it wanted to bite his arm off.
    "Hello sir, may I see your ticket?" asked the stewardess, Lilly her name tag read, stood at the bottom of the steps leading up onto the ferry. Ryan opened his wallet and flashed the ticket.

"Your room is 22C, go straight to the staircase, down to floor C, turn left then it's on you right. The boat will arrive at Garnetville in two days. If you need anything just ask, on behalf of the crew of the S.S. Hydro I hope you have a nice trip." She said smiling as she waved him past though, it was quite obvious that this was exactly how she was trained to greet every guest and that she didn't really want to be here.

As Ryan boarded the ferry he heard Lilly greeting the next passenger "Hello sir, may I see your ticket?"

Got to go got to get dinner then I'v got an exam :(
    oop's it's tomorrow

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    King900000 - Yup, you can still help, and you don't have to rate yourself. But then the other co-owners and myself can rate you. And the co-owners can rate me as well XD

The warden - Good post ^^

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Mal walked through the door into the game room. People were gambling and spending. A few people sat at a bar, chatting happily, the whole room was oddly relaxing. He walked up to the bar and sat down. The bartender was busy with some others so he sat and waited.

After a few minutes, the man came over.

"What do ya want?" He growled.

"Just a Coke." He sat a can and a cup of ice on the counter. Mal gave him a few bucks, poured the soda, then went into the crowd.

~*~

The following day, he decided to go to the on-ship bookstore. He picked up a few Pokemon books and spent the morning studying, picking out his perfect starter. The odds were, he wouldn't get what he wanted, but it was worth it to dream.

He decided to go to the Gym later, wanting to get rid of his energy before it got out of control. The gym was full of some of the most expensive equipment Mal had every seen. He spent an hour or two just running on the treadmill before finally giving into his hunger.

He headed to lunch where he stuffed himself with tacos and cake. He headed back to his room after and decided, after about an hour of indecision, to call home.

~*~

Mal woke up, his head slightly hurting. He had stayed up hours later than usual the previous night. And the night before that. And the night before that. And the night before that.
    He checked his watch.

Hm... He thought. Just a day left...

He smiled and hopped out of bed. He quickly changed into a dark purple shirt and a pair of shorts, then headed for the breakfast buffet. He filled his plate with muffins and donuts. He walked around for ten minutes before finding the perfect place to sit. The sun was shining, bright and warm. The weather was just right.

Children ran around the deck, their parents trying to keep them under control. People were out sunbathing and swimming. There were people all around him, but one person caught his attention. She wore a hoodie, the same color as his shirt, and a thick pair of glasses. Mal felt like he knew her from... Somewhere...

He took his plate of food and moved over to the girl.

"Uh... Hi," he started out. "My name's Mal... This may sound odd... But... It'll bug me if I don't ask..." He started to ramble for a moment, before realizing. "Anyway! Do I know you from somewhere?"

He stood their awkwardly, feeling odd about talking to a random girl four years younger than him.

Last edited:

Mewliveson

Ranger Emilee
    Years
    OOC:
    Username: Mewliveson
    What You Would Like Us to Call You: Kit

Basic Character Info.:
    Name: Emilee K. M. Knight
    Nicknames: Emi
    Hometown and Region: Born Cinnabar Island Kanto region

More Detailed Character Info. 1 - Appearance:
    Appearance: She is tall for a girl at about 6'2". She has long green hair which she wears in a ponytail most of the time. She has pale skin and bright green eyes.
    Average Attire: She usually wears "comfortable clothing" which includes a pair of tan shorts and a tan upper shirt that ends just below her chest. She has a green belt which attaches to her shorts. her shoes are tall flat bottomed boots also in a darker shade of tan.
    Formal Attire: A short black dress that has white straps that look like small wings on top. She wears her hair down straight. She wears black bangle bracelets. She has a pair of tall black strapped heels which she reserves for special occasions. She wears a miniture fire stone pendant around her neck.
    Attire for the Cold: Often when flying it gets quite chilly.
    She puts on a long tan jacket with straps that fly in the wind. She has a dark green scarf which she wears around her neck when flying and a tan hat that she wears atop her head. She wears the same casual boots.
    Accessories: She carries a tan bag where she keeps all her medical supplies and such. She is often found wearing a feather penadant around her neck that is extremly special to her. It is believed to be connected to the legendary bird Ho-oh

More Detailed Character Info. 2 - Personality:
    Likes: Flying and fire type pokemon. She enjoys soaring atop her faithful pokemon Charizard who was given to her by her grandfather.
    Dislikes: Fighting. She only joins in pokemon battles in the air.
    Strengths: Flying anywhere. Working with herbs to heal both pokemon and people.
    Weaknesses: Battling on land or water.
    Personality: She is a very kind hearted person who enjoys working with other people as well as pokemon. She is a bit light headed at times forgetting some details, but she always comes through in the end. She is extremly loyal to her friends and pokemon. The only thing that really sets her off is when people abuse pokemon or hurt them. She can get pretty fired up when it comes to battling in the sky.

More Detailed Character Info. 3 - History:
    Family: Theresa A.D. Knight twin sister. Professor Anna Ivy (Aunt) Gary Oak(older? cousin) Professor Oak(grandfather)
    Acquaintances: unknown
    Past: Born in Kanto she was like every other ten year old super excited to recieve her first pokemon. She got her pokemon from her grandfather in pallet town. It was a charmander. She raised it dilgintly until finally it evolved to Charmeleon and then Charizard. By this time she had gone exploring all of the Kanto region though she did not compete in any pokemon gym battles. After Charmeleon evolved she decided she was going to head out and discover new pokemon. She began to catch all types of flying pokemon. That was when she first found her dream. To become the greatest flying master of all time. However just when she was setting out she discovered she had another hobby herbology. She studied under her aunt (how ironic her name is) Professor Ivy and learned much about healing. From there she traveled off to Hoenn. She missed home though and she wanted to show her grandfater all the stuff she had learned so she went back to Kanto. thats when she got the letter. She was up for a new challenge especially if she could catch some new flying types :) So off she went again with her grandfathers best wishes.

Other:
    She is what is referred to as a pokemon "flyer" a person who travels from place to place atop flying pokemon delivering messages and such.

Starter:
    Desired Starter: Wildcard!
    Any Nature/Gender/Ability Preferences?: Must be flying type?
    Any Oddities?: Wingspan?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    The ship clipped along smoothly across the ocean waves. It never really occurred to Izzy how big the ocean was, even when she sat on the docks and beach fringing her hometown of Vermilion. It was a fact she simply knew before then. That is to say, she knew the ocean was big, but she didn't realize what "big" actually meant. Leaning over the railing of the S.S. Anne, she stared at the green waves, realized that was a bad idea (because she didn't realize she got seasick before then either) and opted for staring at the horizon with a deep breath to settle her stomach. Her glasses slipped down her nose and threatened to take a plunge into the water, so a tawny hand rose to push them back in their place.

It had been several days since she'd left the familiar port she called home. Not that she particularly regretted it, of course. In actuality, she was heavily excited. Not only was she going far away from Kanto, but she was also going to a place neither her brothers nor her best friend had been. It was a new place, untouched by their eyes, so only she could tell the stories of whatever happened there. A small smile crossed her face. Ethan, cooped up in that laboratory in Johto, would be entirely too jealous.

Still, she would miss her family, although she was growing to be too old to stay in the house anyway. She'd miss her mother's drawling, accented speech flowing from the kitchen with the smells of spicy food. She'd miss her father and his Pikachu sitting back at the end of the day with his stories of the latest trainer to leave in a hurry from the Vermilion Gym. She'd miss the familiar sights and sounds of Vermilion Harbor, of the Diglett-filled cave just to the east, of everything that was Kanto. Yet, when her brother held out the envelope in one large hand, of course she wouldn't refuse. The town was far too small for her by then, and the world with its Pokémon and its adventures just waiting for her was big.

Turning, she walked along the rail to the front of the ship. Her boots clopped on the deck like a Ponyta's hooves; the rhythm seemed like music to her. A hand ran along the metal railing, feeling the cool, painted surface and the slick coat of water covering it. She pursed her lips and tilted her head skyward to feel the sun on her face. Several people passed and gave her odd glances, but she didn't notice – or, if she did, didn't care. She was already enjoying herself. This was the furthest she'd been from home, after all.

Only when she got to the front of the ship did she tilt her head back down and stare at the horizon. There, a line of black appeared.

Just as soon as she realized what it meant, the PA system blared to life.

"Approaching Gem Island. We'll be docking in an hour."

It ran through a series of instructions on what to do when the ship docked, none of which Izzy paid particular attention to (although she knew she probably should have, given that it was her first time on a real liner). Instead, she made her way across the dock and back towards her cabin, pushing through crowds as she went.

Above her, the PA system finished with a cheerful note.

"Thank you for traveling Anne Liners. We hope you enjoy your stay in the Necro Region."

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    After unceremoniously dumping her stuff in the corner of her small room, which, like any other overnight ferry, was mind-numbingly clean and plainly furnished, Luna went for a walk around the ship. It was more of a cruise ship than a real ferry: hall after hall of plain white doors, each marked with a number, filling the depths of the vessel to house its many passengers; an exercise room, filled with brand-new and expensive equipment; several bars, stocked day and night for the convienience of the passengers; a sundeck on top with lounge chairs scattered aimlessly around it; and, finally, even a small casino Luna had managed to peek into out of curiousity before being politely but firmly ushered out by a ferry attendant. Whatever - wherever - this Necro Region was, it had to be extremely wealthy in order to buy a fleet of such luxurious ships just to carry people back and forth from the four main regions, she thought.

As it turned out, the ship wasn't empty as she had originally hoped. Several floors were already filled with people from Sinnoh, Johto, and Hoenn, the regions the ferry had stopped at before sailing to Kanto. Eventually, Luna found herself standing on the sundeck and leaning over the rails to watch the water churn under her. Also, to be honest, she was feeling a bit seasick - not that she would ever admit it, though. It was then that she suddenly remembered her aunt's message: "Call me as soon as you get on the ship, okay?"

She pulled out her cell phone hastily and winced at the time. It was already nearly noon, which meant that her aunt had been frowning at the telephone all morning. She hurriedly punched in the number and held her breath.

Her aunt's voice came blasting through the phone so loud that Luna yelped and nearly dropped it overboard. "LUNA, I'VE BEEN WAITING ALL MORNING FOR THIS CALL! YOU'D BETTER HAVE SOME REALLY CONVINCING EXCUSE TO REPLACE MY MORNING COFFEE, WHICH I MISSED BECAUSE I'VE BEEN SITTING AT MY DESK ALL MORNING WAITING --"

Luna turned the volume down to minimum and cut her off. "Okay, I'm sorry already! I just got ... preoccupied, I guess."

Her aunt's voice suddenly became much calmer. "Well, at least you're safe. You're not calling from a lifeboat or anything, are you? I mean, the ocean pounding in my ear is a bit alarming."

"No," Luna assured her. "I'm on the top deck. I found my room and everything, and the captain just made an announcement saying that we're going to arrive around seven o' clock tomorrow morning."

"Good. Well, make sure you be careful, and keep in touch."

"I will," Luna told her, impatient now.

"Oh, speaking of keeping in touch," her aunt continued. "I called the phone company, and they told me that their service has limitations within this ... Necro Region. You can call any number within the borders, but the odd part is, your phone won't be able to contact anyone from any other region. So you won't be able to call me on your little journey of self-discovery or whatever it is."

"I'll call you from the Pokemon Center pay phones," Luna interrupted.

"Well, that works."

"Okay, that's great," Luna told her hurriedly, searching for an excuse. "Oh, wait, someone's going to make an announcement. I better go ... bye!" She hit the disconnect button with no small measure of relief.

She was tucking the phone back into her pocket when she heard someone approaching. It was a young man maybe five or so years older than she was, bearing a plate of food and looking rather awkward. She had never seen him before, and was more than a little surprised when he introduced himself. It was an odd situation - she wasn't really used to talking with random guys, especially older ones - but she was, admittedly, curious.

"Oh, hi. Well ... erm ... I'm Luna, I guess ... no, wait, scratch that, I don't guess. That didn't make a lot of sense, did it? Heh ... oh, wait, I'm off track. Hm ... I don't think I've met you before, so ... nice to meet you." She wasn't really sure whether it was a formal situation or not, so she offered him her hand and, out of pure curiousity, added, "Oh, by the way ... have you ever heard of Professor Sinclair?"

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Eep - Everyone who posted, good job. And it's OK, Callandor.

Oh, and Mewliveson, you are Accepted, I just need to know which Wildcard you want (you can choose the Pokemon).

And King's accepted, whether he's finished or not XD

EDIT:

The OOC is now up! I'll post it in the first post. Anybody else who wishes to sign up must post it there.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Skye continued to walk around aimlessly, with no idea where to go. Skye tripped on a branch and fell face first into the ground. "AHHHHH! That hurt!" Skye yelled. A few of the adults looked at him, but then went back to their business. Skye grumbled and felt something slip out of one of the pockets of his shorts.

"...Eh? What's this... The invitation?" He opened it and saw that a map to get to the lab was printed on one side of it. ".....Well, I guess I can go to the lab now...." He grumbled to himmself and got up. He began to follow the directions to the lab, and wished that he had remembered about having the directions in the first place.

OOC:.... Couldn't think of that much XD. Just forgetful Skye wandering around and eventually finding directions.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Neku: Well, I gave you a break, so... XD

ANYHOW! I'm gonna get this Second Chapter Started!

~Chapter 1~
    -Meeting the Scatterbrained Sinclair!-

Final Destination:

Gem Island
    Garnetville Dock

To get to Garnetville Dock, one must go through Island Path 1. So...

Minimum Posts: 2 (Post 1 requires that you at least get your Pokemon and stuff to all those who have arrived)
    Maximum Posts: 4 (Posts 2 and up require that you get to the dock by at least the end of your second post and at most at the end of your fourth post)

New Area!
    Island Path 1

What to do in Post 1:

Semi-explain meeting the professor
    Get your first Pokemon, the Pokeballs, the Pokedex and the special item for your Pokemon (all come from the Professor)
    End it either leaving to go to Island Path 1 or end it at the beginning of Island Path 1

What to do in any other Posts:

Catch Wild Pokemon
    Battle Trainers (NPCs or other RPers; if you wish to battle another RPer, you two must agree on who will win (if the person you wish to battle agrees on battling) and whatnot, preferably through PMs)
    Find Berries or Items

Wild Pokemon of Island Path 1:

Hoothoot
    Levels: 3-5
    Abilities: Insomnia or Keen Eye
    Time of Day: Anytime, actually
    Moves: Tackle, Growl, Foresight, Hypnosis (level 5 only)
    Nature: Random
    Rarity: Common
    Shiny: 5%

Pichu
    Levels: 1-4
    Ability: Static
    Time of Day: Anytime
    Moves: ThunderShock, Charm, Volt Tackle (10% chance)
    Shiny: 5%

Poliwag
    Levels: 2-6
    Abilities: Water Absorb or Damp
    Moves: Water Sport, Bubble (level 5 only)
    Shiny: 10%

Poochyena
    Levels: 2-7
    Abilities: Run Away or Quick Feet
    Moves: Tackle, Howl (level 5 only)
    Rarity: Uncommon
    Shiny: 10%

How percentages ("%") work: OK, you've probably noticed by now that for every Pokemon there is a percentage as to the chances of finding it shiny or not. You may also have noticed that some Pokemon have percentages if they have an Egg Move, although only few Pokemon (mainly baby Pokemon) will have Egg Moves. Here's how it works:

If you wish to have a shiny/get the Egg Move, PM me with a number between 1-100. If the chance of getting a shiny is 5%, and you're 5 or less away from the number I'm thinking of, it'll be shiny. The same applies for the Egg Moves, and for any other percentage (10% - guess a number 10 away from the number I'm thinking of, etc.).

If you're still confused about this process, PM me anyways. As for the rest of the things marked as "Random" (this applies for levels too), I'll choose on my own, though you can give me a preference at the end of your post if you wish. You can also not capture the Pokemon in the post you throw a Pokeball at, I'll decide that (or the co-owners will).

---

Items/Berries of Island Path 1:

Oran Berry
    Chances of Finding: Very High
    Quantity: 2-6

Cheri Berry
    Chances of Finding: High
    Quantity: 2-4

Pecha Berry

Rawst Berry

Chesto Berry

Aspear Berry

Pokeball
    Chances of Finding: Very High
    Quantity: 2-6

Nest Ball
    Quanity: 2-4

Potion
    Quantity: 1-4

Revive
    Chances of Finding: Low
    Quantity: 1-2

Once again, I decide what item/berry you get, and how much of each you get. So don't go saying in your post that you got Oran Berries (even though they are the most common berry ><'), wait until I tell you what kind of berry you got and how many.

---

"Um... Professor Sinclair?"

"What?"

"Um... You need to go and hand out Pokemon to everyone..."

"Oh. Right. I almost forgot!" As the scatterbrained professor walked out the bold doors (a pack on her back), she thought merrily of this day. Finally...

"Hello, everyone!" she exclaimed to the few that were there. Oh no, does this mean I have to wait outside for the rest? she thought, groaning a bit. "Well, I'm glad to have you all here today! So, I have Pokemon for each and every one of you! When I call your name, coe up and get your Pokemon, item, Pokedex, and Pokeballs.

"Well, not every starter will get a designated owner. But they will sooner or later. I hope. Anyhow, Flynn Sarlif! You will receive a Puppyseed (in a jade-colored Pokeball, might I add!), an Emerald Leaf (
    which powers all the stats of Puppyseed and its evolutions and only Puppyseed and its evolutions), five Pokeballs, and an emerald-colored Pokedex!

"Skye Valor! You will receive a Flareolf (in a crimson-colored Pokeball, a Garnet Flame (which acts the same as the Emerald Leaf except for Flareolf and its evolution line), five Pokeballs, and a garnet-colored Pokedex!

"Soluna Indigo Gray! You will receive a Chikorita (in an emerald-colored Pokeball), a Jade Flower, five Pokeballs, and a jade-colored Pokedex!

"Silver Minato! You will receive a Chimchar (in a garnet-colored Pokeball), a Crimson Charcoal, five Pokeballs, and a crimson-colored Pokedex!

"Ashley Lightnin! You will receive a Mudkip (in a lapis lazuli-colored Pokeball), a Cobalt Glass, five Pokeballs, and a cobalt-colored Pokedex!

"Jasper Otz! You will receive an Eevee (in a bronze-colored Pokeball), an Amber Ribbon, five Pokeballs, and an amber-colored Pokedex!

"Malcolm Holder! You will receive a Togepi (in an opal-colored Pokeball), a Pearl Sphere, five Pokeballs, and a pearl-colored Pokedex!

"Jake Vokanavich! You will receive a Larvitar (in a platinum-colored Pokeball), a Diamond Spike, five Pokeballs, and a diamond-colored Pokedex!

"Ryan Walker! You will receive a Bagon (in a crystal-colored Pokeball), a Topaz Wing, and a topaz-colored Pokedex!

"Emilee K. M. Knight! You will receive a Farfetch'd (in a rainbow-colored Pokeball), a Rainbow Pendant, five Pokeballs, and a rainbow-colored Pokedex!

"Isidora Wheeler! You will receive a Misdreavus (in a sapphire-colored Pokeball), a Sapphire Tiara, five Pokeballs, and a sapphire-colored Pokedex!

"And finally, Cierra Riley Clover! You will get a Ralts (in a ruby-colored Pokeball), a Ruby Sceptre, five Pokeballs, and a ruby-colored Pokedex!"

Sighing as the children filed in line to get the Pokemon and items, Professor Sinclair looked out into the horizon. I hope they can help us...

After all the children had received what they needed to get, Professor Sinclair walked around back and forth, and decided she'd yell at anyone who'd try and leave.

"Alright," she continued. "Take the Island Path 1. You'll meet other trainers, wild Pokemon, and come across items. From there on, go to Garnetville Harbor. Take the boat to the next island, where Aquamarine City is. That'll be all." As she watched the trainers leave, Professor Sinclair nearly forgot one last detail.

"Wait!" she called repeatedly until every kid had turned around. "Your Pokedex not only records data on whatever Pokemon you find, it also has a map of the region, and you'll be able to install new features from time to time! Sorry!" She let them go, knowing she didn't forget anything. Now to check on my special Pokemon... Sinclair thought as she headed back to the lab. It was a Snorunt, encased in a gold Pokeball. A Silver Shard was beside it, as were five more Pokeballs and a silver-colored Pokedex. She hoped they wouldn't be gone by then...

---

Have any questions? Drop me a VM or PM. That'll be all :3

EDIT:

And because the prologue isn't of that much importance (XD), anyone who has not posted at all or hasn't arrived at Sinclair's lab can reminisce as to how they got there and go straight into chapter 1. And you will be able to get the other starters sooner or later; I'll think of ways :3

Last edited:

Willoweon

The weird grass evolution
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2009
    Flynn quietly walked up to the small crowd of other people around the professor. He said a few words, and handed out the pokeballs, pokedex, and a small item to each person. When it was her turn, she took the items, and moved away. The professor called for them, and she turned. So the pokedex had a map? Perfect! She turned about, and strode out the door.

Flynn smiled as she looked down at the pokeball. She headed out the door happily, and flipped open the pokedex she had received. She started looking over the controls, trying to find the map.. She clicked a small button, and a map similar to the one on the invitation appeared. She grinned. "Perfect." She said, looking at the small dot of where she was. "Okay, so I just go through here… Got it." She closed the pokedex, turning her head towards the road. She turned about, and headed towards the path.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Willoweon - Could be longer, but I'll let it slide :3 And by the way, Sinclair is female :3

Flynn received the following: A Puppyseed, five Pokeballs, an Emerald Leaf, and an emerald-colored Pokedex!

Last edited:

King!

better
    Years
    Chapter 1: A Path, A Professor, and A Pokemon

Jasper stood on the deck, as the big boat pulled into the port. "Here I am", he said, holding back his excitment. "The Necro region." A loud horn beeped, providing almost everyone with the knowledge of landing, and a headache, more or less. As the new trainers filed off the boat, and took step on land, Jasper sighed. "I'll miss you boat......or not", he said, sarcastically. Jasper often entertained himself that way. As his foot touched the land, two feelings crossed through his head.First, relief from making it off the boat without puking. Second, a exotic feeling, like something new had been born, something very important.

"That way, that way, that way to the Professor's, that way!", a tall, stern looking man called. "That way!"

"Oh, enough, I get it already!", Jasper thought, the headache coming back. He walked towards a tall building, the professor's lab. He got in line, a long one, that reached about fifteen feet from the lab.

As the line rolled on, finally, it was the person before Jasper. "Almost time to meet my new Pokemon!", Jasper thought, excitedly. "Ashley Lightnin!", the professor called. "You will recieve a Mudkip, a Colbalt Glass, five Pokeballs, and a colbalt colored Pokedex!"

Then, it was time. Here it was, the Pokemon, the start of a journey, the everything! "Jasper Otz! You will recieve an Eevee, an Amber Ribbon, five Pokeballs, and a Amber-Colored Pokedex!" Jasper took his items, with a thank you, and waited in a crowd with the others.

Once the comotion had died down, the Professor continued. "Alright! Take the Island Path 1. You will meet other trainers, fight wild Pokemon, and find items. From there on you will go to Garnetville Harbor. Take the boat to the next island, where Aquamarine City is. That is all."

Once she stopped speaking, the crowed started to drain away. "Wait!", the Professor called out. "Your Pokedex not only records data, it shows a map of the region, also. And, you'll be able to install new features from time to time. Sorry!" After the final dismissal, the crowed walked off, starting their journeys.

"Okay, time to meet you, Eevee!" Jasper pressed the button on the Pokeball, and out came the small, brown and tan, puppy-ish creature.

"Eevee!", it exclaimed, glad to be out.

"Nice to meet you Eevee! I'm Jasper, your new owner, we'll be great friends!", Jasper said, smoothly.

"'Eev!"

"Here, I made you something!" Jasper pulled out a small plastic plate from his bag. He un-wrapped the elastic seal, and set the plate down in front of Eevee. "These are Poffins, they're yummy!"

"Eeeeeee!", Eevee called, bending down towards plate. She took a bite out of the Poffin, a Red one. The reaction was immediate, as Eevee bent down again and gobbled the contents on the plate up, all but one Poffin, that it pushed towards Jasper with its little snout. "Eve!", it cried, pushing it with her paw.

"Do you want me to take a bite?", he asked, in a light voice. He picked up the small Poffin, and gobbled it down. "Yum!", Jasper said, as he rubbed his stomach. "Tasty!"

Eevee smiled, as she jumped up into Jasper's open backpack. "You want to ride in there?", Jasper asked.

"Eev, Eevee!", Eevee responded, excitedly.

"Okay girl", Jas per said, picking up the plate. They headed down a sandy path, towards a small sign that read: Island Path 1.

"here goes!", Jasper said, as he walked further down the trail, further down, his journey.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Skye had got to the lab and waited in line for his pokemon, pokedex and items. When he was called up, he got them and said thank you. He went back in the crowd with the others and waited until she finished. Skye walked out of the lab when the proffesor finished, but heard Proffesor Sinclairs' last words about the map in the pokedex. He grabbed the crimson pokeball containing his first pokemon, Flareolf.

He grinned and said, "Alright, time for both of us to say hello Flareolf!" He pressed the button on the pokeball and it opened and revealed a small orangish red wolf. "Flare, Flareolf!" the small wolf pokemon declared.

Skye grinned saying cheerfully "Hey Flareolf! I'm your trainer, Skye! We'll be great friends during our journey." Flareolf gave an excited look and barked "Flare! Flaaare!" Skye remembered the item that Professor Sinclair had given him for Flareolf. "Oh, this is yours Flareolf!" Skye said, putting the Garnet Flame on Flareolf. "Flare!" Flareolf replied.

"Come on Flareolf, let's go!" Skye said and began to walk down the trail leading to Island Path 1. Flareolf followed Skye and was padding along side him. Now my journey really begins...This is gonna be fun! Skye thought as they continued down the trail.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back