• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Eon Ticket not working?

PsychicStar

E.S.P. Type Pokemon
    Years
    I had purchased an Eon Ticket off of eBay. Ihave my e-reader and 2 SP's... the cable link; all the bare necessities.

The ticket will scan.. I follow the instructions and still, with trouble, my sp with ruby in it, will say its linking up, and to cancel press B. No connection ever happens, and I can tell the eon ticket at least isn't damaged.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, if anything? Any help would be appreicated!! I did follow all the instructions on the eon ticket pamphlet it came with.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    Hmmm i had the same thing wrong.just make sure the e-reader isn't dirty or anything like that.It worked for me.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Ask the seller on eBay if it was previously used. As one Eon Ticket can only go around about 100 times, and whislt that might sound a lot, maybe the seller was milking it a bit :/

PsychicStar

E.S.P. Type Pokemon
    Years
    Gosh I surely hope not! I'll be getting in touch with the seller later this evening. I've tried several times to make it work but still having no luck. :/

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jan 21, 2009
    PsychicStar said:
    I had purchased an Eon Ticket off of eBay. Ihave my e-reader and 2 SP's... the cable link; all the bare necessities.

The ticket will scan.. I follow the instructions and still, with trouble, my sp with ruby in it, will say its linking up, and to cancel press B. No connection ever happens, and I can tell the eon ticket at least isn't damaged.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, if anything? Any help would be appreicated!! I did follow all the instructions on the eon ticket pamphlet it came with.
    The problem is that you are using two SPs. You should have noticed that the E-reader does not fit into an SP. The E-reader makes use of the link port on the GBA and has a link port on the E-reader that you use for the link cable. The SP's link port is placed in such a way that you cannot use an E-reader with it. I noticed this after I bought one for the very same reason, but luckily my friend has a regular GBA. Sorry for the bad news. :(

Last edited:

Cooltrainer Kent

Kamikaze Kent
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 20, 2016
    Errr, no. The E-Reader does fit into a GBA SP. There's a supporting plastic that sticks to the GBA SP to allow it.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Yeah, me and my brother have SPs and it worked fine on ours o_O As long as you have the plastic thingy it should fit in perfectly fine.

Cooltrainer Kent

Kamikaze Kent
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 20, 2016
    I don't believe actually scanning the card does anything to it. You could scan the card multiple times and it should work. You should ask what your doing wrong. Nintendo of America will know what you've done wrong if you tell them what's going on.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    try using some e - reader cards if that doesnt work then its the reader but if it does then the card is prbably fake

Cooltrainer Kent

Kamikaze Kent
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 20, 2016
    Er... I have my doubts. He said that the card scans correctly. So unless deciding to call Nintendo, it's best to check if your link cable works? Have you plugged the units in before turning on, and scanned the card when the Mystery Events menu was open?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Well, we still don't even know the authenticity of the card until the seller reports back to PsychicStar, so let's not start jumping to conclusions or anything :P

MidnightSneasel

The Midnight Darkness
    Years
    I'm thinking since you bought it off of eBay it's not working. Those tickets can only be used like...twice I think. Who knows how many times it's been used?

Back