• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Epic N00b Phailure~~~!!!

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
Years
  • The pic shows it all...

I wonder how stupid some people can get...

Epic N00b Phailure~~~!!!

AnarchaArcana

Team Bulbasaur!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2010
    Oh man x.x Why?! Whyyyyyyyyy?!

*sobs*

I really do take computer-technology aptitude for granted I suppose... but this seems to be really basic, "You don't cut delicate electronics to size" seems like a basic rule that everyone should know...

-Anarchana!

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
  • To DragonWarrior:

OK, the 7800 is a PCI-express card, not PCI, but his Dell only has PCI slots (it's a ~10 year old model), so he cut the PCI-e connector on the 7800 into a PCIish one, and forced it into the slot. Of course it's not going to work because he completely broke it...

In other words - it's a "GG NO RM".

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
  • You can't blame him for trying. :p Can I get a link to that topic? :p

Gosh I could use that 7600 right about now... *daydreams*

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
  • That thread was on Notebook Reviews, it was an old topic and PINNED for quite a while, but it's removed now because it's too old.

I only took a screenshot of that post for a lol...

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Damm, thats just damm. I heard of a professor doing that one time in passing but thats just damm. I feel pitty for the person, I have seen professionals make the AGP/PCI-e mistake and cost departments in my job money.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • No, It's no joke...You cant Trim Video cards to size!!!
    Doing so completely ruins the card...

Those gold colored contacts are how the card communicates with the motherboard...and if the motherboard speaks PCI and you try to shove an PCI-e card into the slot it wont understand anyway...
    besides why would you cut the square block down to fit in the sphere's hole? If it doesnt fit...Take it back...I am sure that you have learned your lesson well...

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    No, It's no joke...You cant Trim Video cards to size!!!
    Doing so completely ruins the card...

Those gold colored contacts are how the card communicates with the motherboard...and if the motherboard speaks PCI and you try to shove an PCI-e card into the slot it wont understand anyway...
    besides why would you cut the square block down to fit in the sphere's hole? If it doesnt fit...Take it back...I am sure that you have learned your lesson well...
    I lol'd at this post. You mean...it's not a joke?

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
  • Of course it's not a joke...

I found it on a forum some time ago and managed to take a screenshot of it in case it gets deleted/modded.

Back