• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Error while renaming many pokemons (G3HS and PGE)

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2017
    Hi everyone, I am creating a hack using the Mr.Doll Steak Patch 1.5a and I expand the number of pokedex entries to 802 slots ( Alola), with the number of pokemons in the hack being 930. (I used PGE to do the expansion) I started to insert a lot of names, being careful to avoid those Bugs save too much and the application starts showing errors where they do not exist. I got to the last pokedex slot and I put Marshadow (0x357), when I go to pokémon 0x358, both the G3HS application and PGE indicate bugs without at least I insert or update data. Is this a limitation of the two applications? Trying to investigate the errors, decide to go back a backup (Sixth generation with the names completed), expand the number of bytes from .gba to 32mb and even then the two applications returned to show the error messages. I can not add more Pokemon data in my rom? I still need to put the female versions of the pokemons and the alola forms in my hack. Here, thats the prints of bugs/errors.
    Error while renaming many pokemons (G3HS and PGE)

Please, someone help me! :c

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Hi everyone, I am creating a hack using the Mr.Doll Steak Patch 1.5a and I expand the number of pokedex entries to 802 slots ( Alola), with the number of pokemons in the hack being 930. (I used PGE to do the expansion) I started to insert a lot of names, being careful to avoid those Bugs save too much and the application starts showing errors where they do not exist. I got to the last pokedex slot and I put Marshadow (0x357), when I go to pokémon 0x358, both the G3HS application and PGE indicate bugs without at least I insert or update data. Is this a limitation of the two applications? Trying to investigate the errors, decide to go back a backup (Sixth generation with the names completed), expand the number of bytes from .gba to 32mb and even then the two applications returned to show the error messages. I can not add more Pokemon data in my rom? I still need to put the female versions of the pokemons and the alola forms in my hack. Here, thats the prints of bugs/errors.

I made that mistake one day, my recommendation is "DON'T USE PGE's EXPANSION". It's nothing about limiters. Explaining, sometimes the expansion of PGE don't works properly, when I expanded with PGE it replaced a lot of non-free bytes bugging my rom like your rom, I recommend expanding it manually, I've did it by expanding 412 to 721, 721 to 923, 923 to 1258, and worked fine. Take a look at this tutorial, it should be helpful. (1)(I haven't used this tutorial, I made it myself, but it's the best tutorial I found.) (2)(If you have a rom in progress with successful expanded Pokémon after doing a new expansion, I think you just need to folow the tutorial starting from the step 2.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2017
    Yeah, but, i can expand with G3HS? I always expand with and never showing errors.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Hi everyone, I am creating a hack using the Mr.Doll Steak Patch 1.5a and I expand the number of pokedex entries to 802 slots ( Alola), with the number of pokemons in the hack being 930. (I used PGE to do the expansion) I started to insert a lot of names, being careful to avoid those Bugs save too much and the application starts showing errors where they do not exist. I got to the last pokedex slot and I put Marshadow (0x357), when I go to pokémon 0x358, both the G3HS application and PGE indicate bugs without at least I insert or update data. Is this a limitation of the two applications? Trying to investigate the errors, decide to go back a backup (Sixth generation with the names completed), expand the number of bytes from .gba to 32mb and even then the two applications returned to show the error messages. I can not add more Pokemon data in my rom? I still need to put the female versions of the pokemons and the alola forms in my hack. Here, thats the prints of bugs/errors.

I made that mistake one day, my recommendation is "DON'T USE PGE's EXPANSION". It's nothing about limiters. Explaining, sometimes the expansion of PGE don't works properly, when I expanded with PGE it replaced a lot of non-free bytes bugging my rom like your rom, I recommend expanding it manually, I've did it by expanding 412 to 721, 721 to 923, 923 to 1258, and worked fine. Take a look at this tutorial, it should be helpful. (1)(I haven't used this tutorial, I made it myself, but it's the best tutorial I found.) (2)(If you have a rom in progress with successful expanded Pokémon after doing a new expansion, I think you just need to folow the tutorial starting from the step 2.)

Make sure to be using the latest beta of PGE. It does everything that is done in the tutorial for expanding Pokémon on Fire red. If you're still having issues, please submit them on GitHub. 99℅ of problems are also due to people missing things in the ini so please make sure you aren't missing anything.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2017
    Make sure to be using the latest beta of PGE. It does everything that is done in the tutorial for expanding Pokémon on Fire red. If you're still having issues, please submit them on GitHub. 99℅ of problems are also due to people missing things in the united so please make sure you aren't missing anything.
    Hey Gamer2020, why i cant open a rom extended in G3HS in your tool, even i put the right offets in the .ini? If i extended in PGE and open in G3HS, the G3HS can open without problems.
    PS: I have a request... Can you create a cry repointer editor, requiring only the offsets of number of pokemon, pokemon name and cry table? If i put a cry on the extended pokemon, automatically the pokemon create a particular and custom offset in the same pokemon?
    I particularly thank you for your projects and tools, which are very useful, such as the PGE!

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Hey Gamer2020, why i cant open a rom extended in G3HS in your tool, even i put the right offets in the .ini? If i extended in PGE and open in G3HS, the G3HS can open without problems.
    PS: I have a request... Can you create a cry repointer editor, requiring only the offsets of number of pokemon, pokemon name and cry table? If i put a cry on the extended pokemon, automatically the pokemon create a particular and custom offset in the same pokemon?
    I particularly thank you for your projects and tools, which are very useful, such as the PGE!

The expansion done by G3HS is incomplete. Please post things regarding PGE on the Github page.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2017
    The expansion done by G3HS is incomplete. Please post things regarding PGE on the Github page.
    Sorry but, G3HS is incomplete in cry editing, only this. My rom dont crash when i extended at G3HS. And if i rename too much pokemons at PGE, PGE crashes, i closed the program and open to editing one more time...

Back