• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Escape to Hearth

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
Years
  • After getting the okay from Dave, Jackie nodded and smiled, this was going to be so cool! Her first Pokémon Battle and Capture! Jackie hadn't felt this excited since she first heard HeartGold and SoulSilver were in the making and should be out in the US by next year. She glanced around the area, wind blew gently across the trees and all the Pokémon not associated with them were minding their own business but some had stopped to watch curiously at just what exactly Jackie was about to do or they just glanced briefly before going back to minding their own.

"Alright, Niko let's do it!" Jackie exclaimed this with determination, she pointed her finger at the Zigzagoon dramatically and called out her first attack "Start off with Thunder Wave!"

. . .

"Zigzagoon?"

Blink. Blink. "Zagoo?" Zigzagoon cocked its head lightly to the right and stared up cutely at Jackie, confusion obvious in its eyes, while Jackie just seemed lost. Where was the shower of sparks that was supposed to be lighting up the little raccoon like a Christmas tree? She glanced at Niko, to see he was just staring at her blankly "Minu?"

"Umm, you're supposed to be attacking Zigzagoon now!"

Niko just blinked before brushing her off "Minu. Minu." Jackie almost felt her jaw drop as she began to splutter and flail her arms about "H-Hey! You can't just brush me off Niko, I'm your trainer!" She pointed at Zigzagoon again "Now do as your told and use an electric attack!" Minun turned his head and glanced at a Jackie, a mysterious grin on his face. Jackie felt something in her stomach drop, she had a bad feeling "Minu. Minun." Niko jumped off her shoulder, landing next to Zigzagoon.

"Minu. Minuuuu." Niko's cheeks began to crackle loudly and Jackie felt her eyes go wide, Niko was not about to do what she thought it was going to do, was he? "Hey Niko. . . n-now don't be hasty" she began holding her hands up in a defensive manner Niko just gave a cheeky grin, that looked downright evil on his cute face and let loose a Discharge attack, that fanned out and hit anything nearby.

Getting shocked a second time was nearly bad as the first time, it still felt like thousands of needles were piercing her skin at the same time, being electrocuted was not like getting a tiny shock from the electric socket in your house, this was like ten times worse and it was not a very pleasant experience Jackie remembered that in the game and the show, that Discharge was an attack that affected everyone on the field, including partner Pokémon if your in a battle after the attack was finally over.

Jackie groaned and clutched her head, glaring at Niko, who was grinning deviously, that damn rabbit rat thing "Niko, that wasn't very nice!" She glanced back at Dave, giving him an apologetic stare, she wasn't sure if he had gotten shocked like she did, but if so she felt really bad "I'm sorry Dave if Niko shocked you! He's being a real brat right now" at the word brat, Niko glared at Jackie and stuck his tongue out at her "Minu. Min--!"

"Goon!"

Zigzagoon had tackled Niko from behind, sending the cheerleader tumbling to the ground a few feet in front of her, she noticed the Zigzagoon still had traces of Niko's discharge attack trailing lightly over its bristled fur "So it got shocked, that's why it attacked Niko!" Zigzagoon then let loose a low growl in its throat and Niko felt his attack lower just slightly and in response, the Minun growled back, giving Zigzagoon a taste of its own medicine.

"Minu!" Niko glared at Zigzagoon, his cheeks sparking violently the raccoon was ready for whatever the mouse had planned and Jackie spoke up "Now will you listen to me?" Niko just humphed and nodded Jackie smiled "Awesome! Now use Thunder Wave!" Niko's cheeks crackled some more before a stream of negative energy left his body, firing at Zigzagoon, who quickly zig-zagged out the way. Jackie pouted the Zigzagoon dodged the attack, this battle wasn't like the game, she really had to think her actions through before send off an attack "Okay, lets try another Discharge attack!"

"Minu--!"

Before Niko even had a chance to begin gathering electrical energy, Zigzagoon rushed the Minun again, another full body tackle hit the mouse, who was sent flying into the air, with Zigzagoon chasing after him, reminding Jackie of a dog chasing after a ball or Frisbee "Zagoon!" Zigzagoon leapt into the air, about to use another tackle to hit Niko, but the mouse snapped into action diving to the ground before Zigzagoon had a chance to hit its intended target "Ok, while its in the air, try Discharge!"

"Miinuuuu" Niko quickly fired the attack, striking the airborne raccoon right out the sky Zigzagoon landed with a soft thud a few feet in front of Niko, it laid there unmoving "Minun?" Had it fainted? Jackie slowly pulled out an empty Pokéball and Niko blinked, moving a bit closer, peering at the motionless raccoon curiously "Ziigzagoo. . . Zagoon!" What happened surprised both Niko and Jackie, it had apparently feigned defeat and then before either of them could prepare themselves for it.

Zigzagoon had snapped into action and threw itself at Niko, head butting the electric rodent in the torso Niko cried out as he was sent tumbling again, right at Jackie's feet he stood slowly rubbing at his stomach and glaring at the Zigzagoon, this guy was pretty durable he'd wish it would just stay down "Minun!" Niko's cheeks sparked as he readied himself for another attack at the Zigzagoon tensed before crying out slightly, bits of electricity traveled along his form, he had been paralyzed by the Discharge attack. Jackie quickly took the racoon's lapse in the battle and threw her Pokéball at it, watching as it wobbled back and forth for several long moments before releasing a light ding.

Zigzagoon had been caught.

"I. . . I caught a Zigzagoon." Jackie whispered unable to contain her excitement "Haha! I. . . I caught Zigzagoon, my first capture! This is so awesome!" Jackie picked up the Pokéball and pointed it to the ground, pressing the button in the middle to release the raccoon "Zigzagoo?" Zigzagoon blinked up at Jackie and she smiled, picking it up and hugging it, despite the prickly looking fur, it was surprisingly soft she let out a goofy laugh "This, is the most coolest thing ever!"

Last edited:

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • Lyle stared at a moment at the boy and the carnivorous Chikorita. This had to be Jordan. Everyone had already left. "Hey, are you going to answer me or what?" The boy only stared off in the same direction. Just then, the Chikorita stopped chewing on the boy's arm and started growling at Lyle. Lyle backed off a few steps. "Nice Chikorita. You wouldn't want to hurt me. I'm your friend." He reached out to pet the Pokémon, but it snapped at his fingers. Pulling his hand back, Lyle spoke to the boy again.

"Well, I'm leaving. If you don't want to come with me, then I don't care. I happened to beat the game without any help from anyone else and this is no different. If you ever come to your senses, then I'll be on Route 202." Lyle turned away leaving the boy and his Chikorita begin.

Upon leaving, Lyle could see that a lot of people had head to Route 202 already. Some people were battling. Some had caught a Pokémon. Jax was nowhere to be found. There was a bunch of trainers off in the distance. He had seen a lightning flash in the distance. What was it? He ran towards the flash when he bumped into a Pokémon. It was a cute little blue and black Pokémon. It looked like a kitten. "Shinx!" The Pokémon said.

"Aw, man!" Lyle exclaimed jumping up and down. He turned around to where Vulpix was supposed to be. "A Shinx! Vulpix, you just have to help me catch it. Vulpix?" He turned back around to see that Vulpix was talking to the Shinx.

"Pix!" the Vulpix said.

"Shinx!" the Shinx replied.

"Pix, pix Vulpix!"

"Shinx! Shinx?" The Shinx was looking at him. Vulpix turned its head towards him.

"Pix? Vulpix, Vul-pix." The Shinx started rolling on the floor and started making noises that sounded like laughter.

"Hey, Vulpix, you'd better not be talking about me!" Lyle wondered, what WERE they talking about? "Vulpix, attack the Pokémon. Please?" Vulpix refused. It wasn't about to attack its friend. "Fine! Stay here then. I'll just go capture another Pokémon and use it to attack the Shinx." Vulpix and Shinx followed him, talking to each other. Stupid Pokémon, Lyle thought. I like the pixel versions better. He looked from the corner of his eye and could see that the Pokémon were talking together. He turned around in frustration.

"Hey! If you're not going to listen to me, then don't follow me!" He pointed to Shinx. "And you're not even my Pokémon! Why are you here?" He continued walking as the Pokémon followed. Then, he ran into a Pokémon. The black Pokémon looked angry. It was a Poochyena. The Pokémon roared at him. Lyle was frozen in his tracks. "Uh, Vulpix? Will you come and help me? Please?" The Vulpix had come up to see what was going on. Shinx followed up behind her.

"Pix!" the Pokémon said. She used Ember on the Poochyena. The Poochyena grew angry. Vulpix ran into the Pokémon and slammed its body against it. Shinx came up and slammed the Pokémon from behind.

"Wow! Show that Pokémon who's boss!" Lyle cheered. "Vulpix, use Super-ultra-mega Ember!" Vulpix shot some flames at the Pokémon, knocking it unconscious. Lyle and the two Pokémon started cheering. Shinx approached Lyle.

"Shinx. Shinx. Shinx."

"What?"

"Vulpix." The Pokémon backed up what Shinx had said. It took a while before Lyle could think of what the Pokémon was saying. Oh, so you want to join my party?"

"Shinx!" the Pokémon started jumping up and down. Lyle threw his Pokeball at the Pokémon and waited. Shinx had officially been caught! Lyle cheered. He was glad that the Shinx had trusted him enough to join his team. He released the Pokémon.

"Now, you can follow me," he said. He continued down Route 202, looking for anyone from the conference room. He hoped that he would meet up with someone soon. He continued down the lonely path that was Route 202. He decided he would tag along with the first person he saw.

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
    Years
  • Reed was gently patting his newly obtained Growlithe, who decided to drool all over the place, when he heard a loud bang, as the door opened and a scary looking man came in.
    He started to speak in with a thunderous voice:

"So…out of all the people that are stuck here the only ones that truly want to get home are you guys? Okay never mind that. My name is Jax. I am the one that called this meeting and sent you the message. Don't bug me with names because I DON'T CARE. I have a list here from Professor Rowan. It contains all of your names from the time you visited him to receive your pokemon. I shall now pair you in groups of two, and one unlucky group of three. You will meet your partner and immediately head for Jubilife. So make off for route 202 with your partner or partners and meet up in the pokemon center there. I will now read you the names. Dante, you are paired with… Annmarie. Roan, Jenna. Lyle, Jordan, Reed. Jackie, Dave. That leaves Raydin and I. I will travel solo and I leave Raydin with…Dante and Annmarie. That should be…Oh! I almost forgot, I need to give you this."

The man tossed everyone a watch, no, a POKETCH!
    Reed pushed Growlithe off the bench, and put the stylish black watch on.
    He started to curiously press all the buttons in order, and somehow managed to get it to work.
    Growlithe got up and started to growl playfully to him, as he wanted to avenge the free fall.
    Reed hit the Growlithe on the head with her Pokéball, after he got a translated text on his Pokétch.
    "Let's play, master"! It seemed that the Pokétch could translate Pokémon speech.
    Apparently Reed's partners were Lyle and Jordan...
    He didn't even want partners! They were only in his way!
    "Anyways"... He said and got up from the bench, noticing that everyone had already left... Everyone expect his partners.
    Jordan seemed to stare at something blankly and Lyle tried to talk to him... But with no avail.
    As Reed was about to say something to Lyle, he left, with a rather angry look on his face.
    "Kids..." He thought and walked outside, only to see other people catching various Pokémon.

"Impressive", Reed said as he saw Lyle defeating a Poochyena and capturing a Shinx.
    He was about to introduce himself, as he was knocked down by something soft... Two Sentret fighting over a poffin!
    Reed groaned and took his glasses from nearby, tossing Flare's ball in the air.
    "Cut the fight with Flame Wheel"! He yelled and grinned to Lyle.
    The little fire Pokémon appeared on the ground and curled up, lighting on fire.
    She gained speed and crashed through the fighters, burning the poffing.
    The other one ran to the forest, and the other one just got mad.
    It rushed toward the now stopped Flare, and hit her with it's powerful tail.
    Flare flew backwards and started to growl in pain.
    Reed got annoyed, thinking Growlithe as a weakling.
    "Get up and paralyze the runt with Leer"!
    Flare quickly got up, his tail whipping intensely. Her hair rose up, her razor sharp teeth became visible under her "lips" and her eyes turned dark red.
    The Sentret got paralyzed in fear.
    Seeing her opportunity, Flare started to run towards the scared Pokémon, again igniting in flames.
    She hit the wild Pokémon straight on, and it started to cry. The battle was over...

Reed got soft, and ran to the wounded Pokémon, pulling a peace of meat from his bag.
    "Take this, little fellow", he said and the wild Pokémon ate it, seeming to forget about the whole battle even taking place. It stared at Reed, seemingly wanting him to capture it.
    Reed took one of his special Pokéballs from his pocket, and tapped it gently on the wild Sentret's head.
    The wild Pokémon turned into a red beam of light, and vanished inside the capsule.
    It shook once, twice... And captured! Reed had captured his first Pokémon!

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • Lyle was walking down the route when he saw two Sentret fighting over a poffin. Where'd the poffin come from, he thought. Immediately after, his Poketch made a beeping sound. It was a message from Jax! OH, cool, I wondered what he wants me to do, Lyle thought.

The message said something about him catching a cliched Pokemon and that he should have gone for something more original. He was upset. I'll have you that I beat the entire game with a Luxray, he thought. He looked over at Shinx. It was used a lot. Whatever, he thought, one day I'll beat Jax with it. He was still thinking when something caught his eye. The poffin had magically transformed into a burnt poffin. At least he thought it was magic. He realized it was actually the opposite when he noticed a trainer standing there with a Growlithe standing next to him. The trainer had a smirk on his face. Obviously trying to impress me, Lyle thought.

He watched in awe as the trainer battled one of the Sentret.

"Paralyzed the runt with Leer!" the trainer yelled. The Growlithe followed its trainer's every command, unlike Vulpix.

"See, Vulpix, why can't you be more like that Growlithe there." Vulpix only turned her head in disgust. Lyle laughed at the Pokemon's reaction.

The Pokemon went on to use Flame Wheel on the Sentret. He knew it was because he'd seen the atttack countless times on the anime. Sentret was burned and fell to the ground, crying in pain. The trainer seemed to forgot a battle was taking place. He ran to the wounded Sentret and gave it some meat. Hey, I didn't know Sentret ate meat! He thought, amazed. He'd always thought they ate berries and apricorns and stuff. Not meat. The trainer proceeded to capture the Pokemon. 1... 2... 3... Click! The Pokemon had been caught. He watched as the trainer celebrated and approached him.

"Hey, that was great the way you handed that," he said. Then, he looked over at Vulpix. "I wish she was that obedient." Vulpix glared at Lyle as if she was going to burn him. He laughed again.

"So, what's your name?" he wondered. "Are you from around her, or are you from the real world, too?" He bombarded the trainer with questions. He'd decided that he would tag along with him.

FalseSwipe

Finish him with False Swipe!
    Years
  • Dave laid back and watched the battle. It reminded him of the TV show, where Ash and his Pikachu would battle. He remembered the episode where Ash's Pikachu lost to a Magikarp. He chuckled softly as he noticed something odd going on. Minun wasn't listening to Jackie's commands. This reminded him of the time when he got a Level 100 Pokémon early in the game, and the Pokémon would not listen to him. He wondered if the same rules applied here. Minun stared at Jackie for a couple seconds, with an evil look on his face and then started to charge up an attack.

"Ahh!" Dave said as he was caught off-guard and was moved to the ground from his sitting position. Dave was slow to get up after the small shock he faced. He flipped his hair back into it's natural straight positon and began to get up. He tripped himself but regained control as he clumsily walked over to Jackie, but still keeping a little distance because he realized the battle was not over yet. Jackie was fully concentrated on the battle, and it looked like Minun was ready to go too. After a couple more attacks, including one that struck Zigzagoon in mid-air, Jackie launched her pokeball. The ball tilted once, twice, three times! Jackie wore a big grin as she picked up her pokeball. "Haha! I. . . I caught Zigzagoon, my first capture! This is so awesome!" She said in excitement as she released the pokemon from it's ball. "This, is the most coolest thing ever!" she exclaimed.

Dave walked over and pet the Zigzagoon on it's very prickly fur. The tiny creature let out a soft growl as Dave moved his hand over the spikey-yet soft-fur. He noticed that the fur war darker than most Zigzagoons, but he didn't mention anything. He looked over at Jackie , who was overwhelmed, and then looked over to see how far they were down the route. It didn't look too much longer, hopefully they would get there with no problems. He turned back to Jackie, "Congratulations!" he said as he dusted the grass off of his pants. "Let's get going." He stated as he waited for Jackie to gather her things before they set out again.

Before anyone could do anything, a boy that looked about the same age as Dave ran up to him. He had light blonde hair and his face was covered in freckles. He was holding an egg under his arm and from what Dave could remember (from the sprites in the Pokemon games) he looked like a breeder.
    "I'm Seth, That's my sister Leah. We challenge you to a pokemon battle!" Dave looked behind Seth to see a shy girl looking at Seth. Dave was stunned at first, but then stuttered as he gave an answer, "Uh, I- I don't know. I'll ask my partner here. I'm Dave by the way, and that's Jackie" He pointed over to Jackie. He walked away from Seth and turned to Jackie,"That guy over there wants to challenge me to a battle, and he says that his sister-" Dave pointed to Leah "-His sister would take you on. What do you think?" He asked.

Last edited:

Cyndaquasher

Kicker of upper thigh reigons
    Years
  • After waiting a while for Jenna to give a response, Roan started to get nervous. Not the regular kind of nervous mind you, but the kind of nervous that would make a person enter a fight or flight situation. Roan wasn't much of a fighter, so that left two options: he could run as fast as his legs could carry him, or he could faint. Fainting wouldn't help him much, so he simply blurted out that he had to go somewhere and that she should probably go on ahead. Before he had finished speaking, he was already heading out the door!

"Phew, that was too close, I nearly filled me dacks," he said to himself as he snuck into a bathroom stall, to get changed. As he put on his new grey gear, he couldn't help but appreciate himself in the mirror for a second. His mum always said that he was handsome, but he figured that that was just more encouragement. After shifting his hair out of the way, Roan made his way over to Nurse Joy.

"E-excuse me, I'd like you to take a look at Rocky Road before I get going. Y'know, to make sure there's nothing wrong," Roan said as he looked up at this particular Joy. Now that he'd seen one up close, he could sort of see why Brock was always swooning over them in the anime.

"Certainly, I'll be back in a minute," Joy said as she gently took the ball and went into some other room. As Roan waited, he remembered his trainer card! "Better set this up right," he said as he walked over to a terminal that looked purpose built for modifying trainer cards. As he inserted his card, he already started mulling over what he would make it look like. He chose a green background, typed in his name and did his best to remain perfectly still for the photo. As the trainer card popped out again, he was quite impressed. He didn't think it'd look that good, but there it was!

"All finished! Your Onix is perfectly healthy and ready for travel!" Nurse Joy said as she seeminly appeared from nowhere to hand Roan his pokeball.

"Eep! Uh, thanks..." Roan replied as he took the ball back, clipped it to his belt and headed out towards the pokemart. After purchasing some antidotes and a permanant marker (to write the names of his pokemon on each ball) he headed out to route 202.

"I wonder what kind of pokemon I should catch...I better at least get something that's more resistant to fighting and water moves..." he said to himself as he walked further and further along the route. Just like the others before him, Roan saw that the games REALLY didn't do these paths justice. The trees were great, the flying-type pokemon sounded positively awesome and the ground was much more unstable than he was counting on, so much so that he fell flat on his face!

"Ow, ow, ow! I hope I didn't break my nose..." Roan said to himself as he scrambled up to a sitting position. Luckily, he wasn't bleeding, but there was a pokemon in front of him, a pidgey! It must have seen him fall and flew down to see what the moving grey thing was. Without wasting a second, Roan whipped out his pokedex and listened to what it had to say.

"Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokemon. It is docile and prefers to avoid conflict. If disturbed, however, it can ferociously strike back," said the pokedex. Roan knew that flying types were good against water and other types that would cause trouble for Rocky Road, so he decided to capture it while he had the chance!

"Okay, go, Rocky Road!" Roan said as he tossed the pokeball to the ground. In a flash of light and with a cry that shook the ground, Rocky Road appeared! The pidgey tried to find a way out, but the onix was already circling around it, so it didn't have much of a choice, other than to fight.

"Okay, let's start things off with a tackle attack!" Roan shouted. Rocky Road charged full bore towards the unfortunate pidgey, which masterfully evaded with a combination of a sand attack and some fierce flapping. Rocky Road was frustrated, but managed to get most of the sand off of his face. As both Roan and Rocky Road looked around, they found that the pidgey was attacking from above!

"Quick, harden now!" Roan called out. Rocky Road's body seemed to thicken instantly and the pidgey bounced off! "Now, go for a bind!" Roan said as Rocky Road cornered the Pidgey and wrapped it up! As the pidgey cried out in pain, Roan could tell that it was a female (given how high the pitch of the cry was) and that it was nearly time to catch it.

"Now, give it another tackle!" Roan called out. After throwing the pidgey to the ground, Rocky Road ran into it again. The pidgey tried to retaliate, but its moves didn't do too much damage, given how tired it was.

Roan took another pokeball out of his pocket. "Alright, go pokeball!" Roan called out as he tossed the pokeball, but he missed! Rocky Road, seeing how much this meant to his partner, managed to deflect the ball right back to the pidgey. A hit! As the ball began to twitch, all either of them could do was wait for it to either break free, or become a new member of their team...

CLICK! There was that wonderful sound! Roan walked over and gingerly picked up the pokeball. "We...we did it. We got a pidgey!" Roan exclaimed as Rocky Road slithered over. Both of them were clearly exhausted from the fight, but they were victorious and that was what mattered. Sure, it was probably 'just a pidgey,' to anyone else and there were probably a zillion like it, but it was HIS pidgey now.

"Rocky Road, you did a great job. Return!" Roan said as he pushed the required button on his onix's pokeball and reattached it to his belt. Now there was just the small matter of naming his new friend. With a great deal of hesitation, Roan took his new pokeball, pushed the button and called out his pidgey. Instantly, it flew at him and landed on his shoulder!

"Oh, you're a friendly one, aren't you? I wonder what I should...oh, I have a message from Jax! He says that you're a cliche, whatever that is...oh, he also says that you know scratch, sand attack and...brave bird? I've never heard of that move. I'd better look it up on this pokedex," He said to the pidgey as he opened up his grey electronic encyclopedia, selected 'moves' and scrolled down until he found brave bird.

"Hmm, says here that brave bird is a powerful move, but it has a lot of recoil. I guess that means we should keep it a secret move for emergencies, or at least for when I have more potions...speaking of which, are you okay?" he asked as he slipped his pokedex back into his pocket and picked an oran berry off a tree. The pidgey boldly grabbed the berry and ate it almost instantly! Yep, it sure looked okay.

"Wow, you're bold, but kind of delicate at the same time. I'm guessing that you're a girl, so how does Coriander sound for a name?" Roan asked as he gently smoothed the pidgey's feathers. Coriander jumped up and down and tweeted in agreement. Roan smiled at this response.

"Okay, your name is Coriander! Now, I'll just write it on your pokeball, so that people can't steal it and say that you're theirs, okay?" Roan said as he carefully wrote coriander's name in permanant marker. It smelled a little, but it was also permanant ink, so nobody could erase it without a ton of effort. Now that that was settled, there wasn't much else to do other than recall coriander and keep on walking.

"Okay Coriander, I might need you later, so take a good long rest," Roan said as he pointed the pokeball at the pidgey and called her back. After clipping the ball to his belt, Roan continued walking along route 202, with a feeling of excitement for what could be waiting for him at the next point of his journey!

Last edited:

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Dante set Shetani down, as she seemed to be alright. She was no longer cringing in pain or panting. In fact, she seemed to be in perfectly good condition, save for dirt trapped in her soft fur. He was impressed by the rate at which Pokemon healed, though he knew Shetani owed it partially to the fact that he had thought to purchase a full heal before leaving. He would make sure to be prepared in the future as well; now that he had realized how real the dangers were he would be sure to be realistically prepared for them. She sat elegantly by his feet, ears erect and nose to the wind, no doubt sifting through scents to watch for danger. His hand automatically went to the new ball in his pocket. The mouse-like Pokemon within had certainly given him a fair bit of trouble, but at the same time he was growing ever more enthused about her. He now owned a Poison type and a Dark type. That was pretty cool, you had to admit. Though he would never be caught using such language, it was indeed cool.

Annemarie was taking far too long for his liking. As the minutes ticked by he nearly decided to convince Raydin to just leave her and let her catch up. Just as he'd opened his mouth to begin to speak Shetani whined and crowded closer to his legs. He glanced down at her, confused, then felt a tap on his shoulder. Dante turned around to see a girl about his age standing there. She looked fairly timid, perhaps intimidated by him? He'd never considered himself to be intimidating at all. Then again, he'd never had a razor-fanged canine sitting beside him, either. Could that be it? He doubted it, as she was still whimpering with her eyes darting around wildly, as though trying to see something that was invisible. Whatever the case, the girl, apparently named Annabelle Lee, was looking for a battle. He was more than willing to humor her request. He did have to raise an eyebrow and chuckle at her enthusiasm, but he knew better than to not take her seriously. For all he knew she could have been training her entire life, whilst he had just obtained his starter and had not yet been with her for even twelve hours.

"I'll accept your challenge." He backed up several feet, allowing their Pokemon ample room for the imminent scuffle. Shetani stayed closer to his legs than usual, which was odd. She didn't seem to be afraid of Annabelle, but she was obviously terrified by something. He didn't know how to mollify her. Perhaps being involved in this battle might help?

Annabelle fumbled with one of the shiny new balls attached to her belt. They were both plain red and white, nothing decorated like Shetani's, but they did tell him either she took very good care of them or they were both new. Whatever the case, he was prepared.

She gripped one of the balls in her hand, yet told him "You can send out yours first." Obviously she thought her choice could win, no matter what he chose. Amused, he glanced down at Shetani.

"How about you, dearest? Are you up to it?"

She looked up at him with horror in her eyes, but forced herself out anyway, trembling in front of Annabelle. The girl tilted her head in confusion, unsure why her foe was so frightened, but proceeded nonetheless. She threw her ball, thus releasing a Houndour onto the field.

When Shetani scented it she calmed down slightly, as though her fear had been appeased. Whatever it was that she was certain was going to jump out and get her had not done so. Feeling far more confident in her abilities, she took a battle stance and showed her teeth threateningly. The Houndour sized her up with its eyes and snorted as if it thought she would be an easy win. Dante smirked tauntingly. "Ladies first, sweetheart."

Annabelle's eyes widened, perhaps from being called sweetheart. Whether it was in indignation or excitement he did not know nor care; he was not here to find a girlfriend. He was here to train Shetani and his new Nidoran, who needed a name.

She seemed to have gathered her composure again. Showing her overly enthusiastic nature again, she pointed at Shetani and said in a dramatic tone, "Cindy, use Howl!" The Houndour, whose name was apparently Cindy, raised her snout and let out a bloodcurdling cry that made the hair on the back of Dante's neck stand up. But he would not be put off by a simple yip. "Shetani, the same." She mirrored Cindy's movements and screamed her lament to the sky. Both Pokemon looked pumped for whatever their opponent may throw at them. There was no denying that Cindy looked intimidating, but he had full faith in Shetani. There would be no losing.

At his trainer's order Cindy narrowed her eyes at Shetani. She shuddered visibly but stood her ground, clearly losing some of her defensive resolve. Apparently Dante would need to get this over with soon, because he knew what a destructive combination Howl and Leer could be if not disposed of quickly.

"Give her a Tackle," he ordered her. She snarled and charged at Cindy full force. Her chest slammed into the other canine Pokemon, knocking them both back a few feet. Cindy loosed a stream of Ember point blank, causing Shetani to yelp and jump back quickly, her fur still smoking. "Don't take that, Howl and Tackle."

She did as she was told, raising her resolve even more before launching another attack. Cindy attempted to turn tail and retreat a few feet but failed miserably; she caught her back end, making her tumble head over heels. Shetani backed up and waited for further instruction, and for Cindy to get up. The Houndour gave Dante a mournful look and slunk low to the ground to Annabelle, stub of a tail tucked low. After she was unable to convince her to return to the field she had to recall her, signalling a victory on Shetani's part.

"That would be strike one for you," he said triumphantly. Instead of seeming upset Annabelle just grabbed the next Pokeball on her belt. In the split second before she touched it and the Pokemon materialized from it, Shetani's eyes widened, her tail disappeared between her legs, and her ears lay flat against her head. She seemed to freeze completely when the full scent of the Misdreavus now levitating before her washed over her. She let out a pathetic cry and ran to Dante, leaping at the last second into his arms. He barely caught her and winced as her claws dug into his arms. "What is it, dearest? It's just a Misdreavus. They're harmless." She whimpered and buried her head into the crook of his arm.

"Is there a problem?" Annabelle called. He looked up and shook his head. "No, I think I'll change Pokemon as well. Shetani is spent." He retrieved the new Nidoran from his pocket and hesitated for a moment. He still wasn't sure if she'd try to run off, but he obviously did not have a choice. So he released her onto the field. Annabelle laughed aloud, relief evident in her expression. He, on the other hand, went pale. Ghost moves were only half effective against Poison types, but everyone knew Psychic was doubly effective. Did Misdreavus perhaps know one?

"You go first this time," she told him. He straightened up, determined to see this through until the end.

"Nidoran, use Confusion." The little mouse's eyes glowed bright blue and she let out a chattering cry. The Misdreavus cringed, but stayed perfectly afloat. That was not a good sign.

"My turn!" she said gleefuly. "Mogwai, hit her with a Psywave!" Mogwai concentrated a beam of energy from the pearls on his neck and hit Nidoran full force with it. She was thrown in the air for a moment before she came slamming back to earth. Dante furrowed his brow, confused. There was no way a young Misdreavus should have that much power. Then he remembered a Pokedex entry he had seen in one of the games. It said something about Misdreavus feeding off of fear, and keeping it in the pearls. With a heartfelt apology he recalled Shetani to her ball, knowing the energy boost came from her. Annabelle stomped her foot in frustration.

"Why did you go and do that? We were going to win!"

He laughed aloud. "Going to is key here. Nidoran, give him another Confusion. Use your evasive tactics, don't let Psywave hit you."

She glared at him before doing as she was told. Although she was not particularly thrilled with being told what to do by someone who had kidnapped her from her home she knew if she did not obey she was likely to be thrown into the air again, and she did not want to relive that experience. She tossed a Confusion at Mogwai and began to scurry here and there as quickly as her muscular little legs would take her. Annabelle giggled. "That's not going to work. Spite."

Mogwai grinned devilishly and shrieked inhumanly at Nidoran. Though she did not stop, Dante grimaced, for he knew exactly what had happened. This meant their time was limited. When Nidoran attempted to hit Mogwai they would need to make it count.

"Alright, girlie. More Confusion. Make sure you don't miss."

This time when she performed the attack Dante saw her limbs take on a more leaden feel, and she seemed more tired. This would have to end quickly. Luckily, Confusion was a more advanced Psychic attack than Psywave, and had more power behind it. There was still a chance they might win, though it wasn't the best chance. Mogwai didn't seem to have the best speed, however, as he couldn't keep up with Nidoran's movements. Finally, after a quick barrage of Psywaves, he stayed still for a moment, exhausted. That was their chance.

"Do it now, Confusion, don't stop."

Nidoran directed all of her energy onto Mogwai, who began to writhe in agony from the force of her attack. After a few moments Annabelle stepped forward and called Mogwai back. "That's enough, you win. It's a good win, too."

Dante grinned and nodded. "You put up a good fight as well. Thank you for this opportunity." He returned his Nidoran and crossed his arms again, still waiting for Annemarie to make an appearance, or for Raydin to decide they should leave anyway. But the problem was, Annabelle wasn't going anywhere. She stood there awkwardly, a cautious smile curving her lips upward. He raised an eyebrow at her and turned to face Raydin, his back to her. Slowly she got the hint and began to leave.

"Maybe I'll see you again sometime," she said timidly. He nodded unconcernedly. She took that as her cue to go and hurried off towards the nearest town.

ShadowYashi

Years
  • "Tackle, Growl and Gunk Shot!? Ginger you are so cool!" Jackie was grinning like a madwoman while she stared down at her Shiny Zigzagoon, whom she had decided to nickname Ginger, mostly because of her fur and because she had this weird craving for Ginger Snaps. After receiving the message from Jax, Jackie couldn't keep the grin off her face, this. . . this was just so exciting, so much fun!

It was freaking Super Special Awesome!

"Thanks" she told Dave with a wide smile after he congratulated her and had given Ginger a gentle pat on her fur. Jackie placed Ginger on the ground by her feet and allowed the Zigzagoon to skitter around her legs while she made sure she had all her belongings, while Niko took his designated spot on her shoulder, she began to think back to the battle that had just taken place only moments ago.

Niko was being a bit uncooperative in the beginning but then decided to listen to her after Ginger had attacked, this wouldn't bode well for them, if they couldn't see eye to eye, especially since he was her very first Pokémon. "Hey Niko" she turned her head to the Minun, who glanced back at her uninterestedly "Minu?" Jackie pouted in response "You gotta start respecting and listening to me alright. I won't be a good trainer, if my own starter can set a good example for my other Pokémon."

"Minu. Minu." Niko made a sour face at Jackie and stuck his tongue out at her "Ohh, stop acting like a brat!" Jackie had grabbed at his floppy ear and began to tug at it lightly and in reply, Niko pulled at her cheeks, resulting in a somewhat comical, if not childish tug of war between the two. "The least you could do is follow my orders!" Jackie was slightly freaked out at the fact that her cheek stretched out like it was made of rubber "Bless the laws of anime physics" she couldn't help but think while laughing, even Niko was enjoying himself.

The two were a bit too caught up in their little tug of war and Jackie had almost missed what Dave had said when a pair of twins had walked up to them and introduced themselves as Seth and Leah, she had stopped playing around with Niko and released his ear, while he let go of her cheek "That guy over there wants to challenge me to a battle, and he says that his sister-" Dave pointed to Leah "-His sister would take you on. What do you think?" Jackie blinked and looked at the twins before nodding slightly "Uh, yeah sure I don't mind" she grinned, this could be a great test run for Ginger, plus she had never seen a Gunk Shot attack before, it would prove most interesting.

ShadowYashi

Years
  • "Tackle, Growl and Gunk Shot!? Ginger you are so cool!" Jackie was grinning like a madwoman while she stared down at her Shiny Zigzagoon, whom she had decided to nickname Ginger, mostly because of her fur and because she had this weird craving for Ginger Snaps. After receiving the message from Jax, Jackie couldn't keep the grin off her face, this. . . this was just so exciting, so much fun!

It was freaking Super Special Awesome!

"Thanks" she told Dave with a wide smile after he congratulated her and had given Ginger a gentle pat on her fur. Jackie placed Ginger on the ground by her feet and allowed the Zigzagoon to skitter around her legs while she made sure she had all her belongings, while Niko took his designated spot on her shoulder, she began to think back to the battle that had just taken place only moments ago, Niko was being a bit uncooperative in the beginning but then decided to listen to her after Ginger had attacked, this wouldn't bode well for them, if they couldn't see eye to eye, especially since he was her very first Pokémon "Hey Niko" she turned her head to the Minun, who glanced back at her uninterestedly "Minu?" Jackie pouted in response "You gotta start respecting and listening to me alright. I won't be a good trainer, if my own starter can set a good example for my other Pokémon."

"Minu. Minu." Niko made a sour face at Jackie and stuck his tongue out at her "Ohh, stop acting like a brat!" Jackie had grabbed at his floppy ear and began to tug at it lightly and in reply, Niko pulled at her cheeks, resulting in a somewhat comical, if not childish tug of war between the two. "The least you could do is follow my orders!" Jackie was slightly freaked out at the fact that her cheek stretched out like it was made of rubber "Bless the laws of anime physics" she couldn't help but think while laughing, even Niko was enjoying himself.

The two were a bit too caught up in their little tug of war and Jackie had almost missed what Dave had said when a pair of twins had walked up to them and introduced themselves as Seth and Leah, she had stopped playing around with Niko and released his ear, while he let go of her cheek "That guy over there wants to challenge me to a battle, and he says that his sister-" Dave pointed to Leah "-His sister would take you on. What do you think?" Jackie blinked and looked at the twins before nodding slightly "Uh, yeah sure I don't mind" she grinned, this could be a great test run for Ginger, plus she had never seen a Gunk Shot attack before, it would prove most interesting.

"I'm ready when you are. Oh, by the way I'm Jackie and this is Niko and Ginger!" She pointed to both Pokémon respectively Leah just gave a nervous smile and a small wave, grabbing at a ball on her belt "I. . . I guess we can start then." She smiled "This little guy is my starter, hatched his egg myself not to long ago, so Tyrogue assistance please!" Leah tossed the ball down and out came Tyrogue it was a small purple Pokémon with brown feet and shorts, along with a set of markings that resembled bandages around its torso and wrists. Jackie looked at Tyrogue and then looked at Niko, the Minun would have a much better advantage over the fighting type than Ginger would "Okay Niko you go first!" Niko gave a curt nod and hopped off of her shoulder, while she and Ginger took a step back to allow the Pokémon some room to battle.

Her Pokétch snapped to life before the battle started however:

Escape to Hearth

Tyrogue
    The Scuffle Pokémon
    Tyrogue is the evolved form of Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. It has a small but very energetic body.

"You can go first Leah!"Jackie yelled from across the field and the timid blonde flushed before nodding "Okay, Tyrogue start off with Fake Out!" Tyrogue quickly blurred in and out of Niko's vision, one moment the fighting type was in front of the mouse and the next thing Niko knew, a fist was flying towards his face, but when he leaned back to dodge it Tyrogue whirled around with his foot and kicked Niko in the head, resulting in the Minun to be jolted after it slowly stood up from the abrupt assault, Niko groaned and clutched his head.

"Now, please use Tackle!" Tyrogue then followed up with his attack, by rushing the discombobulated Niko, who had rubbing at his sore cranium, sending the electric mouse tumbling in a heap to the ground and Jackie winced sympathetically that kick looked like it had really hurt, poor Niko "Niko" she called out to the mouse, who staggered while attempting to stand "Are you okay?" The Minun nodded slowly and glared at his opponent "Minu. Minu." Niko growled, cheeks sparking dangerously.

"Okay Niko, use Discharge!"

"Intercept with Mach Punch!"

"Tyyyy. . . Rogue!"Niko's cheeks had began charging energy, but before he could gather much Tyrogue's fist glowed a bright blue and he ran at Niko with amazing speed, punching the Minun harshly in the torso, Niko's eyes practically bugged out of their sockets when the punch connected, sending the Minun soaring back into the base of a tree nearby "Niko!" Jackie looked worriedly at her Minun, who had yet to get a hit in. Niko was panting heavily as he stood, glaring evilly at the Tyrogue who grinned smugly back, bouncing energetically back and forth on the balls of its feet, Jackie just stared in shock at the Tyrogue, while Leah laughed "Hehe toldja, I raised little Tyrogue since he was an egg, his dad was obviously a Hitmonchan. Pretty impressive Mach Punch huh?"

Jackie nodded slowly, before her eyes trailed over to Niko, who had launched a Thunder Wave attack at Tyrogue and it successfully connected, the Tyrogue took the attack like it was nothing and in a sense it sort of was "Rogue" it winced slightly as its muscles stiffened and it became paralyzed "Now use Discharge!" Niko nodded and released a stream of blue energy, that lit up Tyrogue's entire body, causing the little fighter to cry out in pain. When the attack was finished, steam rose off its body and Niko had tensed, readying itself for whatever attack it was going to follow up with next, but he and Jackie were shocked to find the Tyrogue had swirls in its eyes.

"I...It fainted?"

"Mi...nun?" Minun blinked, just as dumbfounded "Oh no, Tyrogue!" Leah recalled her Tyrogue and reached around for her second Pokéball "I guess Tyrogue was just really quick and strong, but when it came to durability it seemed pretty weak. . . isn't that bad for a breeder?" Jackie just blinked, while Leah pulled out another Pokéball "Shroomish lets go!" It was a small brown mushroom Pokémon with green spots and little green feet.

Jackie's Pokétch snapped to life again:

Escape to Hearth

Shroomish
    The Mushroom Pokémon.
    Shroomish is mild tempered and inhabits piles of rotting leaves inside of forests.

"Okay Niko, I want you to come back, you've taken a lot of damage and you need to rest Ginger can handle this one" Niko nodded and trailed over to the girl, who scooped the mouse up in her arms and nudged Ginger with her foot "You're up Ginger" Ginger tilted her head to the side curiously before nodding slightly and scurrying onto the field. "Shroomish, start off with Tackle!"

"Smish!" Shroomish threw itself at Ginger, who zig-zagged quickly out of the way, to avoid getting hit "You use Tackle too Ginger!" The Zigzagoon quickly whirled around and threw herself at the walking mushroom, resulting in it stumbling forward onto its face "Now, while its down follow quickly with Gunk Shot!" Jackie commanded, watching as Shroomish made its way to stand and Ginger opened her mouth, a glob of brow sludge shot itself at Shroomish, exploding loudly upon contact "Shroomish!?" The small plume of smoke that had appeared during the explosion wafted away and the mushroom seemed to be fine, however a red hue arose on its face, apparently it had been poisoned.

"Smish" surprisingly, instead of keeling over like Jackie had assumed, it sighed, not feeling fatigued or in pain at all. This caused Jackie to blink in confusion "Hey! Why isn't it fainting? It got poisoned right and Shroomish are weak against poison attacks!" Leah smiled slightly and decided to explain "That's because my Shroomish has Poison Heal. When its poisoned, instead of getting hurt, it gets healed. Now Shroomish, use Absorb!" Shroomish's head began to glow in response and then a beam of red light emitted from it, sapping Ginger's energy, but since she had no health to lose, the attack didn't affect her much, it did however give Shroomish the energy it needed, plus with Poison Heal now in affect, Shroomish's health was rapidly increasing bit by bit.

"Ginger! Try another Gunk Shot!"

"Oh no, your not pulling that stunt again, counter with Seed Bomb Shroomish!"

Ginger and Shroomish both charged their respective elemental attacks and once their mouths closed, the gunk and seeds met at a halfway point and collided, causing a huge explosion that sent a shockwave of power sweeping over the field "Whoa. . ." Jackie whispered with wide eyes after watching the wave brush over the two Pokémon, ruffling up Ginger's fur and Shroomish's little tuft of hair, both Pokémon seemed to be fine from the explosion, if not a bit shaken "Okay, strong attack plus strong attack equals big boom" she narrowed her eyes thoughtfully "This seemed a lot less harmful from the other side of the TV."

"Okay Ginger, enough with the explosions use Tackle and make it a hard one!" Ginger rushed at Shroomish and tackled the mushroom, sending it skidding back slightly, due to Leah's orders to brace itself "Now while its up close another Seed Bomb!" Jackie's eye's widened as she called out to Ginger, an explosive attack like Seed Bomb up close spelled nothing but trouble for Ginger and after she had told her Zigzagoon to dodge, for some reason she froze and Shroomish already had the explosive seeds charged, closing its mouth, resulting Ginger to get his point blank by the attack and go up in smoke.

"Ginger!" While waiting for the smoke to clear, Jackie wondered why Ginger suddenly froze like that in the middle of battle "I don't remember her getting hurt befo--" her eyes widened in realization "The paralysis!" That's right, Ginger had been paralyzed after the Discharge attack from Niko, that's why she froze! Jackie glanced back at the battlefield, the smoke had cleared and Ginger wasn't looking to good, that Seed Bomb to the face must've hurt like hell "Ginger! Are you okay?" Despite the pain she was feeling in her face and the slight blurriness in her vision, the Zigzagoon nodded before she shook her head, clearing her vision, she then Growled at Shroomish, lowering its attack by a bit.

"Zagoo"

"Okay, we should probably wrap this up. Tackle!" Jackie bit her lip, hoping Ginger would win this. Ginger once again threw herself at Leah's Shroomish, but the mushroom had gotten wise and managed to dodge this full body attack "Now Shroomish use Absorb!"Jackie quickly shouted after her "Gunk Shot and knock that Shroomish out!" While Shroomish sapped energy, Ginger responded by charging her attack, which she then fired at the Shroomish's frowning face, giving the grass type what it had gave her, tenfold. There was a loud boom and Shroomish went up in smoke.

"Shroo. . . smiiish" It rolled out of the cloud with swirly eyes, indicating it had fainted "Shroomish!" Leah looked at her fallen Pokémon sadly, before she recalled it with a shy smile "Looks like you won Jackie" Jackie leaped up and gave a loud 'yahoo' before picking up Ginger, hugging the raccoon tightly "Haha! Good Job Ginger, you were awesome" Ginger looked up at Jackie and gave a lopsided smile "Zigzagoo!" Jackie just laughed in response and rubbed her forehead against Ginger's, much like she would her own cat Speckle back at home.

"Minu! Minu!" Niko gave an indignant cry and Jackie just tugged playfully at his floppy ear "Okay Niko, you did good too" Niko puffed his chest out proudly at the praise "Minun. Minu." he rubbed haughtily at his nose and Jackie just rolled her eyes before glancing at the area where Dave and Seth were "I wonder who's gonna win their battle" she mumbled to no one in particular, but Leah, who had moved to where she was standing, heard her "well, big brother is pretty strong, so your friend might not win" Jackie said nothing in response and just watched the battle with attentive eyes.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
  • From Leah's POV

Leah sighed. she hadn't banked on losing that battle. She looked back at Jackie thoughtfully before she turned around and sat. She carefully pulled out the egg that was in her backpack, and she placed the other egg into it. she looked down at the egg. It was medium in size, and it looked as if it were made of solid yellow bricks. she sighed again and remembered what her mother had said. "Now Leah, I'm going to tell you the most important part of being a Breeder. We give happiness to others. we don't just hog pokemon to make them powerful. We gift that power to others. We befriend them, and our pokemon for the hope that this world will become stronger." She passed the egg to her hands carefully as she stood up. She spun around before walking to Jackie. "Umm...here Jackie. I wanted you to have this...I know that you'll take good care of it right?"

~~~~~~Back to Raydin~~~~~~~~~

Raydin smiled at Dante after the battle had passed. "Wow Dante, that was amazing! We just got to this world and you can already battle that well? Wow...Well, the only way that we will ever get to Jubilife is if we go now. hopefully we'll meet up with that girl there. now we just need to-Sh*t! Dante, 50 feet down. Do you recognise the team galactic uniform? cuz I do, I have a feeling that we're going to have some trouble...ah, I've got it. I'll divert his attention, you go on ahead. Don't argue with me, i've always wanted to do this..."

Raydin flashed Dante a smile before he ran straight for the galactic grunt. He yelled over his shoulder, "Meet you in Jubilife!"

Raydin stopped before the grunt and he grinned. The male Grunt flashed him an equally large one. The grunt's eyes narrowed as he spoke. "Oy, Wot's this then? you one o dem real worlders? Boss says I has to take you in den. Les Battul. Now!"

Raydin smiled, this was gonna be fun!

Strikit

Years
  • Dante grinned at the compliment Raydin offered. "Thank you, amico. I just prefer strategized assaults as opposed to full out bash fests. Of course, before you train it's nearly impossible to have anything but. But I've discovered I enjoy the capability to order my Pokemon to move instead of stand there like a brick. It's highly beneficial."

Raydin voiced what Dante was thinking, that they would fall behind if they didn't leave Annemarie. It wasn't like he wanted to, and he was sure Raydin didn't, but she was simply taking too long. He opened his mouth to reply when he changed subjects quickly, tone urgent. Dante spun around to see a strange looking man in a ridiculous uniform, with an even more ridiculous bowl cut. No, he had not recognized the Team Galactic uniform, but now he surely would. He would just have to look for the completely asinine little men with stupid hair.

To his surprise, his companion told him to go on ahead while he rid them of the strange man. Dante shook his head as he ran off. There was no way he was going to do that. For one thing, he didn't know anything about Team Galactic, nor their Pokemon teams. For all he knew they could have Dratini or something, which could easily smoke their unseasoned starters and fodder Pokemon. He knew in all probablity they had Zubat, and perhaps some other Poison type or maybe a fodder Pokemon of their own. But he was not going to risk it. He followed Raydin at a measured pace, attempting to look truly intimidated for the first time in his life. Though he knew he ought to be afraid he was not. He did not know what the Galactic people intended to do with those who were transported here, but he was sure he would not like it. Perhaps the gravity of the situation had not landed in his mind completely yet. That was probable, as in the past when he faced the ridiculous members of the various ridiculous teams they were only computer data, and if they beat you there was always an escape.

"Yes, amico, we do happen to be of that particular number. But I'm afraid we're not going anywhere." He flashed Raydin a glance out of the corner of his eye. "You can have him, but I'm here for backup if you need me."

Years
  • Annamarie leaned back in her chair, there was one definite benefit to not having her siblings here - she didn't have to watch them. There were a lot of downsides, but free time was definitely not one of them. She smiled, though, hopefully no one would see her as too foreboding. Naru-naru sat close to her, and although she was somewhat tentative to touch the Flaffy, she knew that would be a smarter move than leaving Naru-naru alone. She figured it was important to bond, become friends. As she slowly relaxed into the chair, a man came into the room through the heavy wooden door, which shut with a louder bang the Annamarie would've preferred. His clothes were black, his expression was foreboding, and he did not express any kind of appreciation of hospitality.

As he began to speak, Annamarie began to resent him, but she took mental notes anyway. His name was Jax. Of course he would get her name wrong, causing everyone else to get it wrong as well. He gave each of them a USB drive, and told them it was for the Poketch, what it was, and how to use it. He said the games were wrong in their portraying of the routes. Annamarie was shocked at this, and had trouble believing him – her game was wrong? Her refuge from life was incorrect? Well, whatever, whether he was lying or not, he was there to help – she hoped. He also said that Team Galactic would be trying to intercept them. Annamarie figured that wouldn't be a major setback, in the games they had no powerful Pokemon and despicably unintelligent tactics. Annamarie inserted the USB drive she was given in to the Poketch and the screen changed, said it was downloading. Annamarie smiled, she wasn't always horrible with technology.

Soon, people began reacting to Jax's speech, and the man stalked out of the room, still with a negative attitude. She slowly began to look around for the people she had been paired with, until she heard, "Annmarie I'm leaving too". She sighed – this meant she'd have to introduce herself, among other things. Slowly she rose from the comfortable chair and headed for the door.

Naru-naru didn't follow her. She walked back to the Flaffy and said quietly, "Come on. We've got to find our partners. The sheep Pokemon begrudgingly followed her out of the room. Annamarie walked quickly out of the Pokemon Center, ignoring Nurse Joy entirely. She stepped outside the door of the Pokemon Center and attempted to get her bearings. Most likely, Jubilife would be to the north, as it was in the game, despite how Jax proclaimed them to be wrong. She paused as she saw one of the boys from the conference room finish up a battle with a girl she didn't recognize. The girl didn't look ridiculous enough to be a Team Galactic member, so she left them to their battle. As the battle ended, another of the boys from the conference room seemed arrived, presumably returning from the route. Annamarie sighed – she hated introductions. But maybe they were her partners. She approached them cautiously. What do I say, though? What if they're not my partners? Or what if they're even not really…Shut up, Enn. Just talk to them – it's the only way you're getting home. Just go with them even if they're not your partners, I guess. She sighed and walked forward until she was directly behind the two boys. The one who had battled with the strange girl just moments before spoke. "You can have him, but I'm here for backup if you need me."

She looked at the two of them for a minute. The one who had just spoken was tall, really tall, not even just in comparison to her. Annamarie guessed he was at least six feet tall. His hair was brown and just slightly darker than his skin, and he was wearing the classic trainer uniform. He was still tall. Annamarie sighed slightly. Her other partner was over a foot taller than she was, but not nearly as dwarfing as the other. He was the one planning to rush off somewhere. Annamarie didn't really trust her voice, she tapped the shorter one on the shoulder and waited for a response nervously. Then Naru-naru intervened.

The Flaafy had been following Annamarie quietly, but at this point really wanted to get going. Naru-naru used her head to shove her trainer forward. Annamarie caught herself on her hands just before her face hit the ground and slowly rose back to her feet. "Ow." she whispered. So much for first impressions, but I wasn't really planning on a good one anyway. I hate talking to strangers.

FalseSwipe

Finish him with False Swipe!
    Years
  • Dave nodded and walked back to Seth. Both trainers were eager to do battle. "Let's go!" He shouted enthusiastically. Dave snapped his pokeball off of his belt and twirled it around in his fingers, this would be the first time Strike had seen daylight since Professor Rowan's lab. Seth took out a pokeball of his own, readying for battle. The breeder threw his pokeball into the field and, after a short bright light, a Larvitar came out. Dave's Poketech began talking
    Larvitar: The Rock Skin Pokemon. A Pokemon that eats soil. Once it has eaten a large mountain, it goes to sleep so it can grow.

Dave looked at the small green Pokemon that looked tough, but he knew that he could take it. "Go Strike!" Dave yelled as he threw his own pokeball out onto the field. A small bright light flashed before the trainers as the Scyther stood proud. The Scyther growled "Scy!" it said. This was Dave's first battle, and it was the first time Strike had seen daylight in a while.

"Ready Strike?" Dave said, as the Pokemon got into battle position. "Alright Strike, use Focus Energy to get pumped up!" He yelled as the Pokemon let out a roar "SCYTHER!" it yelled as it began to focus all its energy on the battle. "Ok let's start with a quick slash!" Dave said confidently, as the Scyther rushed the Larvitar with all its might. The Larvitar simple sidestepped the charging attack and Strike stumbled forward, tripping harshly onto the ground. It got up quickly, and looked with anger at Dave.

Dave sighed as he wore a frown on his face. Seth took advantage of the mistake and sent his Pokemon into attack. "Larvitar, use Bite quickly before it gets up!" Seth exclaimed. The pokemon followed orders perfectly and bit the Scyther on the back. Strike let out a growl before retreating to his own side of the battle field. Dave played out his next attack in his head, trying to figure out what to do. This was a lot more complicated than the games, which would just go turn by turn. Dave moved the hair out of his eyes. "Strike, you're faster than him. Use your speed to get behind him and use Slash." Dave ordered.

Strike followed the commands to perfection. He flanked hard left before speeding towards the right, ending up behind the Larvitar and completely confusing it. He took on big Scythe and swiped the Larvitar straight off of his feet. The Larvitar landed face first in the dirt a few feet away as Dave hurried to keep the momentum on his side. "Strike, use your speed again to get behind it before it gets up!"

Strike sped behind the Larvitar as it got up. The small dirty-looking Pokemon was very confused. He looked to his left and to his right, but he could not find the speedy Bug pokemon. Seth quickly yelled at his Pokemon "He's behind you!" The Larvitar quickly turned around and spotted Strike. He ran full speed and rammed Scyther into the ground. Scyther fell hard, raising his head once to get up, but fell down again. "Come on Strike!" Dave said hopefully. The Pokemon raised its body slowly, only to have the Larvitar knock it to the ground again in a cold-blooded tackle. Strike was down. Dave held his pokeball up in shame as the red beam retracted the fallen Pokemon. Dave had lost his first battle.

Dave wore the biggest frown of his short Pokemon career as he shook Seth's hand. He looked over at Jackie, who had won her battle. He frowned even more, jealous of Jackies success. He looked over at Seth and said "Good game."
    "You too," he replied

Cyndaquasher

Years
  • Roan had been walking for quite a while on his own and he was starting to get nervous. He hadn't passed any other groups of kids yet, or he just didn't notice them. Whatever the case, he was starting to wonder if there was someone, anyone else on this darn route!

"I hope I'm even going the right way...let's see, how does this thing work again? Just push here and...ah, the town map! Okay, route two oh two...yep, Jubilife is this way. That's a relief!" Roan said to himself as he picked up the pace. He knew that he shouldn't be travelling alone and from what he knew about team galactic (besides the fact that some of their grunts weren't entirely sure about what the higher ups had planned in the games) he didn't have much of a chance of getting away from them in one piece on his own. As he stopped for a break in a wide clearing, a shadow appeared behind him.

"Oh, please be an abnormally large bidoof," he said to himself as he turned around, but was instead greeted by a man with a cyan bowlcut! As soon as he saw that it was a galactic grunt and not just a guy with a wierd fashion sense, he did what any rational, self-preservation-minded human being would do in such a situation...

He ran.

"Git back here you!" the grunt yelled as he chased after Roan. Surprisingly, the 12-year-old was giving the 'trained' grunt a run for his money! "Get away from me!" Roan yelled as he passed a couple of blurs that might have been trainers, or just a couple of pokemon. However, there comes a time when one must stop running and face the inevitable. For Roan, it was when his assailant sent a zubat ahead of him. Roan whipped out his pokedex and quickly checked up on the pokemon that he already knew so well.

"Zubat, the bat pokemon. Even though it has no eyes, it can sense obstacles using ultrasonic waves it emits from it mouth," said his pokedex. Roan also knew that zubat generally hated the sunlight, so he was at a tiny advantage here.

"W-well, I guess I gotta fight ya...Rocky Road, come on out!" he said as he summoned his onix. In a flash of light and a roar, Rocky Road was out and ready for instructions. The grunt grinned evily that made Roan very nervous.

"Heh, I was just gonna ask why you were out on your own kiddo, but judging from that onix, you must be one of those 'offworlders' that our organisation is after. Just make it easy on yourself and give up. Who knows? Maybe the boss'll take pity on you because you're a kid!" The grunt said as his zubat flew around Rocky Road.

"Because...I'm a kid?" If there was one thing Roan hated, it was being treated differently just because he was a kid. In an instant, all his shyness, his nerves, everything that had compelled him to run just fell away. If this grunt was going to be a jerk, he was getting everything he deserved from Roan!

"Listen up! Just because I'm a kid doesn't mean that I'm any less capable than any trainer that you've terrorized! Rocky Road, let's show him how tough us 'kids' are with a tackle attack!" Roan called out. Instantly, the onix slammed into the tiny bat. How such a small thing could be hit so easily was beyond Roan, but he knew that the fight was still far from over.

"Grr, you little brat! Zubat, use leech life!" the grunt exclaimed. Even though Rocky Road tried to dodge, the zubat managed to sink its fangs into its stony opponent. Rocky Road grunted in pain, but managed to stay upright. Roan knew that the attack wouldn't do much damage, due to it being a low-powered bug type move, but it did present him with an interesting opportunity. While it was distracted, he could bind it up and do a little extra damage!

"Okay Rocky Road, use bind and turn the tables!" Roan called out. Without hesitation, the onix growled and used its bulk to wrap its way around the zubat. As the Zubat cried out in pain, the grunt controlling it commanded a supersonic attack! Waves of sound that could only be described as pure agony were sent around the area. While the grunt looked on calmly, both Roan and Rocky road twitched in pain as their ears were assaulted.

"Okay, try a tackle attack!" Roan said as he begain to regain his composure. Rocky Road however, was unable to respond! It simply writhed around, hitting itself and the area around it more than anything else! Obviously, this was the result of a lethal confusion.

"Rocky Road, you need a break! Return!" he called out as he held out the onix's special pokeball, pushed the necessary button and placed it back on his belt. As he picked up his other filled pokeball, he closed his eyes and focused. "Coriander! I need your help!" he called out as the pokeball bounced off a rock and, in a flash of light, brought out the pidgey that he had only caught a little while ago! As Coriander popped out of its ball, she looked instantly at the zubat and knew what had to be done.

"Okay, since our opponent doesn't have any eyes, let's start off with a tackle attack!" Roan called out. Coriander however, had other ideas. After flying up a few feet, she tucked her wings in and seemed to burst into flame as she flew closer and closer to the ground. "No, not brave bird! You're still too tired from our battle!" he called out. However, it was too late. The two pokemon met midair in a spectacular crash. Without even considering the danger, Roan rushed forward to catch Coriander. Luckily, he made it in time.

"Here you go silly," he said to the pidgey as he pulled out a potion and sprayed it where he thought it was most needed. Almost instantly, Coriander was standing on the ground on its own and ready for another shot at the zubat!

"You can't even control your own pokemon? That's too bad. If you joined us, you might have survived long enough for us to show you how!" The grunt called back. His zubat was barely flying after that brave bird attack, but the fight was far from over. Roan could see another pokeball on his opponent's belt, so who knows what else he would have to deal with!

"Shut up! She's fine! Coriander, use tackle!" The pidgey rushed towards the zubat which had just happened to have fallen to the ground. Needless to say, it didn't have enough time to respond as the plucky little pidgey slammed into it with all its might!

That battle was tough, but it was over. "Zubat, return..." the grunt said as he called back the now rather still form of his first pokemon. "Okay kid, just remember that you asked for this! Go, Wurmple!" he shouted as he tossed his second pokeball to the ground. As the wurmple appeared, it was obvious that it was no ordinary wurmple! It was much thicker and angrier looking than a regular one-the kind that someone would go out of their way to either capture...or steal. Roan, as he always did, whipped out his pokedex and pointed it at the new pokemon, even though he had a nigh encyclopedic knowledge on this particular one already.

"Wurmple, the worm pokemon. Often targeted by bird Pokémon, it desperately resists by releasing poison from its tail spikes."

"Okay Coriander, we're at a bit of an advantage here-use sand attack, then close the gap with a tackle attack!" he called out. Coriander, who now wanted to win Roan's way, began using her wings to flap a rather considerable amount of dirt and debris over at the wurmple. Without hesitation, Coriander rushed into the dust and prepared to contact with its target.

"Poison sting."

Those two words struck fear into Roan. He knew that if that attack hit, Coriander could be hurting a lot in a moment. The wurmple stood on its front legs, pointed its dripping rear at the determined pidgey and prepared for contact...three...two..one...

"Pidg-eeeey!" As the dust settled, Roan was horrified to see that the wurmple had its tail well and truly dug into Coriander. As he steeled his nerves and did his best not to throw up his breakfast, He pulled out Coriander's pokeball and pointed it at her. "Coriander, return and take a break!" he called out as the beam of red light recalled his new friend. Was this really what pokemon battles were like? No, it must have been an illusion, or some reconstruction of his own mind so that he could understand what really happened. Yeah, it was in his imagination, that was it!

"Rocky Road, I hope you're up for a little more brawling! Come on out and show us your tackle" he called out. This time, it was the wurmple's turn to be scared! As Rocky Road bore down on his foe, there didn't seem to be any other option!

"Darn it, dodge wurmple!" the grunt shouted. However, it was too late. Rocky Road barged right into the wurmple and slammed both it and its trainer back several feet! As the grunt recalled his larger-than-average wurmple, he ran past Roan and pushed the boy to the ground. "You haven't heard the last of me!" he called out as Roan fell to the ground and watched as his bag's contents fell out.

Roan would have celebrated his first win, but he remembered Coriander's condition! "Aak, antidote, antidote, need an antidote!" he exclaimed in panic as he tried to keep his glasses on his face and find an antidote at the same time. "There we go!" he said as he picked up a small, lavender bottle and summoned Coriander.

The pidgey looked in terrible shape, with two tell-tale marks in its side. "Ssh, ssh, it'll be okay, but this might sting a little," he said as he applied the antidote while humming to her, as his own mum did when he was little. Soon enough, the antidote had worked its way through her system and she was back to normal.

"See? All better. Now, what say you guys help me get my stuff in order?" he asked Rocky Road and Coriander. The two eagerly gathered the things that had gone missing, but Coriander gave Roan one last thing, something that he didn't realise had been in his bag!

"Hmm, is this mine? I don't remember the professor giving it to me...so it must belong to someone else! Let's take it back to Jubilife city and hand it back to this adoption place...after we get you guys some rest. Return for now!" He said as he called each of his pokemon back to their respective balls and began to run down the remainder of Route 202. The sooner that he got to Jubilife, the better, especially after that run in with that galactic grunt!

ShadowYashi

Years
  • "He lost." Jackie felt really bad as she watched Dave and his Scyther try their best against Leah's older brother Seth and lost, the girl was right, he was strong. Dave had this nasty looking frown on his face while he recalled his Scyther and congratulated Seth, this made her heart clench "I think he's angry" she murmured to her Pokémon and they both glanced at Dave, who was making his way over to them "Umm...here Jackie. I wanted you to have this...I know that you'll take good care of it right?" Jackie blinked as Leah held out a medium sized egg that looked as though it were made of solid yellow bricks "Is it a Sandshrew?" she wondered, studying the patterns that reminded her of the ground dwelling rodent.

Jackie placed Ginger down and took the egg with a slight smile "Y-Yeah, I'll take care of it, I promise" she hugged the egg tightly, while Niko and Ginger peered at it curiously. Jackie on the other hand looked at Dave as he finally drew near "Hey. . . Dave, you okay? I-I mean even though you lost, I think you did a great job! Your Scyther was awesome and super fast!" She gave him a weak smile in an attempt to cheer the younger boy up, Jackie hated seeing people look so glum and depressed.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    (Sorry about the long wait.)
    The room filled up more and more as time passed. None of them really spoke. Katie felt more nervous than ever. As she sat there, a black-haired man entered. He was obviously bored, his expression stating that none of this was worth his time. Introducing himself as Jax, he began to explain what their strategy was.

Or at least, that's what she thought. Katie had to keep most of her attention on keeping Rishi still. She was afraid of what the hyper little echidna would do otherwise. Eventually, the Fire Mouse settled down, shooting a miserable look at Katie. Katie gave her a smile in reply. Glancing around, she saw everyone receiving what appeared to be a USB drive. Taking one, she saw a small port on her Poketch. She connected the drive. Immediately, the image of a familiar route flickered on screen. Route 202... looks like we've got our work cut out for us. The man left and the others separated into pairs and a group of three.

Wait... my name wasn't called. Shows how obvious I am. I should go look for someone to go with. It's probably better that way. Gently placing Rishi on the ground, she left the room. Gazing confusedly around the room, the Cyndaquil let out a cry before bolting after her trainer.

Rishi ran outside to find Katie entering a building with a blue roof. She hurried after her trainer... only to slam her head into the closing automatic door. She let out a cry of pain and glimpsed her trainer browsing a store shelf. Lucky for her, the door opened again and Rishi ran inside, barreling into Katie's leg.

Katie looked down with worry. "Are you alright?" Gently she scooped up Rishi, who let out a squeak of anger. "I'm sorry. I thought you were right behind me." Lightly patting the Cyndaquil's head, Katie grabbed some items, namely Pokeballs, Potions, and other healing accessories. Taking them up to the clerk, Katie paid and left, storing the purchases in different compartments in her backpack.

Of course, by this time, Rishi had scented something. Squirming free, she ran into Route 202, eager to explore. Sniffing the air, she growled. Rishi didn't know what it was she was scenting, but she knew it was trouble. Big trouble. The echidna was off.

Katie ran after her Pokemon. I really hope it's not always like this. Not too far away was a man with short green hair and odd silver clothing. A Galactic grunt? Of course. Well there goes the idea of staying away from them. Rishi was growling angrily, evidently demanding something from the glaring man.

"Get away from me, you slime!" he snapped, kicking Rishi off. Katie glimpsed a Pokemon being held by its tail in the man's hand. Analyzing it revealed a Shinx squirming to get its tail free from the man's hand.

Katie felt a flicker of anger at seeing her Pokemon being kicked. "Rishi Tackle!" she ordered without thinking. Immediately, the fire mouse obeyed, ramming her body into the minion's stomach. He yelped and released the Shinx's tail. The Shinx bounced and landed hard on its paws. It shook its head to clear it, then stared at its new ally. Rishi was jumping eagerly on her paws. She was ready to go at it. Katie had walked up to them, analyzing both Pokemon's conditions.

The grunt growled and tossed two Pokeballs into the air. "Irritating brat... Go! Wurmple and Zubat!" A pink worm and a purple bat appeared in two flashes of white light. They glared menacingly... or at least as menacingly as they could. Rishi gave them a curious look, evidently not understanding. Shinx however, let out a wild growl, causing both opponents to flinch.

"Well aren't you a brave one?" murmured Katie. "How about a team-up then?" The Shinx looked between them and nodded, growling. "Alright then, Tackle the pair of you!" Both obeyed, slamming into their respective opponents.

"Why you...Wurmple String Shot! Zubat Leech Life!" Wurmple fired the sticky web at Shinx. Rishi knocked her battle partner out of the way and her back burst into flame, destroying the web. Meanwhile, Zubat sank its fangs into Rishi's skin. The Fire-type yelped and Shinx hurried to knock it off, slicing the Zubat with his claws. Flying away, Zubat and Wurmple regrouped and prepared to strike again.

Katie suddenly barked, "Both of you keep attacking! Don't stop moving and keep switching opponents!" The Pokemon let out cries of agreement. They moved fast, striking from all angles. Suddenly Rishi catapulted Shinx into the air, allowing the cub to slam into both Pokemon, effectively knocking them unconscious.

The grunt sputtered in alarm. "You... little... I'll make you regret this!" He returned his Pokemon and disappeared. Katie breathed a sigh of relief. Out of nowhere, Shinx tackled Rishi to the ground. Rishi growled and returned fire, almost literally. The two scuffled on the ground while Katie groaned. Ah great. Looks like I have no choice then. She pulled a Pokeball from one of her bag's compartments and threw. Rishi saw it and jumped away, scrambling to her trainer's side. Meanwhile, Shinx yelped in confusion as it was sucked inside in a flash of red light. The ball was struggling to close...

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
  • Raydin's eyes narrowed as he glared at the galactic member in front of him. He grabbed one of the pokeballs off of his belt and tossed it out in front of him. "Go, Blaire! As soon as he sends a pokemon out, leer it!" Raydin grinned, this strategy was bound to work!

The Grunt sneered at Raydin, and he tossed out one of his pokeballs as well. "Nidoran, go!" The small purple creature stood before Raydin, gazing at the fire pokemon that was looking at it so menacingly. The galactic grunt ran to his poison pin pokemon and held out a syringe, before injecting it into the flesh of his pokemon. "Here's a double dose of that chem we've been working on, don't let it go to waste!"

The man stepped back, and stared at the now growing poison pin. When it stopped, it towered over the grunt, Raydin, Dante, and Annemarie, who Raydin just noticed. "When did you get here Annemarie? Never mind that can wait, both of you, send out your strongest pokemon and attack it. If he's going to cheat, then we'll just even the odds! Return Blaire! Go, Mar!" The water pokemon landed at Raydin's feet and looked up at the collossus in front of it. "Mudkip..mud…" (T: Oh Crap!")

Raydin nodded. "Okay, we need to take this thing down! Mar, wait for my signal! We're water type so we will do the most damage in this fight! Since all of our pokemon should gain experience from this, I'm going to let you guys go first!"

For the rest of you, either fight a member of team galactic, or head to Jubilife.

Winter: Well kid you did it. You caught a boot while fishing, a bucket on your shoe. AKA you caught a freaking cliché. (ooh, I'ma poet and I didn't kno it!)

JUBILIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What you can do in a town:
    See sights
    Activate events
    Battle gyms
    Participate in contests
    ETC.
    NOTEWORTHY SIGHTS:
    GTS-trade for a random pokemon
    Pok'etch building-get new apps for your Pok'etch (free to imagine)
    Trainer school-learn to be a better trainer (battle noobs(as high ranked as you))
    ADOPTION CENTER- adopt for a price/ ticket
    Pokemon center(mandatory)
    Pokemart-buy junk
    ETC.
    *EVENT(S)*
    I heard that north of the GTS there is a fisherman with a VERY special pole (x1)
    There is some suspicious activity down in the GTS basement, care to check it out?(x1-2)
    (Jax) Achieve the highest ranking when you battle me and you get a little extra. (x1)
    First come, first serve^
    NOTE: (Jax) means that it is a test from Jax and that everyone has to take it. For more info on battling Jax, check the OOC

Cyndaquasher

Years
  • After running for much longer than he usually did, Roan decided to take a stop. As he looked around, he realised that he was standing in front of a message board! "Hmm, welcome to Jubilife City...I guess this is the community message board then. I guess I should go to the pokemon center first...that's...over there," he said to himself as he shuffled through the crowd, while trying to avoid eye contact. There were WAY more people than he was used to, even when he was forced to go to school in a big city! All he really cared about right now though, was getting to that pokemon center and healing up both Rocky Road and Coriander.

"Okay, here goes nothin'," he whispered as he stepped through the automatic doors of the pokemon center that was far more impressive than the one in Sandgem and boy, was it PACKED! There were people all over the place talking, laughing and generally being social. Pokemon trainers sure seemed to be a loud bunch. In one corner, Roan noticed a small family chatting and playing with an Aipom. Roan had to turn away to stop from crying. Luckily, the line to get to the nearest counter was short and moving quickly. Roan pushed his glasses up, took a deep breath and passed his pokeballs to the nurse on the other side.

"C...can you heal my pokemon for me? I ran into a g...er, guy that gave me some trouble...Rocky Road's probably okay, but Coriander will probably need a little extra help..." Roan asked as he looked up at the nurse, who was ever so slightly different in this center. Luckily, he was greeted by a kindly smile.

"Of course. It won't take a moment, so feel free to take a seat until we're done," the nurse said as she took the pokeballs and practically glided towards the room where the medical equipment was kept. Roan took a regular looking seat at a regular looking table and waited. If one of the others came to him, he felt confident enough that he might not freak out, but he obviously appeared to prefer being alone, given that he had already buried his head in a book about caring for pokemon.

"Excuse me," came a familiar voice. If Roan guessed right, he'd have to be a police officer. As he looked out from his book, his suspicions were correct. At the very least, he seemed to be a relaxed, non-threatening cop, the kind that wasn't all business, all the time.

"Y-yes?"

"I am officer Jones of the Jubilife Police Force. There have been a rash of team galactic attacks recently and I was wondering if I could ask you some questions about anything you may have seen or heard recently that might have been out of the ordinary?" the man asked as he took a seat across from the boy, who was just barely holding himself together. He sure hoped that this guy was really a cop!

"Um, well...I did run into a guy on route 202 who said he was from team galactic. His zubat wasn't much out of the ordinary, but he had a heaps big wurmple. It was about this big," he said as he placed his hands about as far apart as the wurmple had been. As soon as he saw how big it was, the officer's jaw dropped. It must have been huge!

"I...I see. Did you happen to notice anything out of the ordinary about this particular galactic member?"

"Nope...well, he was rude and knocked me over, but I guess I should have expected that. Other than that...nope, nothing wierd," Roan said. He was starting to warm up to this officer, but he still didn't feel right.

"You don't say? Well, all I need is your name and I can get started on a report,"

"It's Roan, Roan Wittaker..."

"Well Roan, I would suggest taking it easy for a while. Taking out a galactic grunt isn't as easy as say, playing the early stages of a video game. Have a rest here at the pokemon center, then stick around town for a while until you get a little more confident. Thanks for your assistance," Jones said as he stood up, gave a quick bow and walked out.

"Have a rest? That's something I know I can do," Roan said to himself as he leant back in his chair, pulled his cap over his head and closed his eyes for a well-earned nap.

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
  • Dante's eyes widened at the growing mouse-like Pokemon that the Galactic team member intended on using. How was that even possible? He corrected himself quickly. He was in an entirely new universe. Of course certain things here would not make sense to him.

Seeing as Leyla was a Poison type like the other Nidoran, Dante chose to use Shetani for this battle. She was tired, true, but she was his best bet. He withdrew her ball and threw it, releasing her onto the field. Shetani snarled impressively at the competition, a light lather of foam forming near her jaws. She sensed the danger presented to her master and although they had only been together a short time she was already forming a desire to protect him. Dante braced himself behind her, his heart thudding faster than usual. Fear was easily scented on the air, adding fuel to Shetani's fury.

"I'll go first," he asserted. "Shetani, buffer with a Howl, then hit them with a Tackle."

She did as she was told. Her jaws pointed at the sky she let out a long, mournful cry. The Nidoran cringed and, at the behest of its trainer, charged at her and pinned her down with one paw. Shetani yelped and ripped at her opponent's foot with her teeth, but to no avail. It had her firmly pinned and was not going to move. Dante cried out, eyes wide. "Shetani!" he screamed.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • The trainer put the newly caught Sentret into his backpack. "No, I'm from the real world like you. And I've been paired with you." He looked up ahead. "We should probably get going so that we don't get too far behind. By the way, I'm Reed."

"Right!" Lyle said. He recalled Shinx and Vulpix and started towards Jubilife City. That was the next time, according to the game. He map on his Poketch confirmed this. "Jubilife City, here we come!" He continued down the path when he heard someone talking in a low mysterious voice.

"Out of the dark, he rises!" It was a guy wearing a black cape. "The Legendary Dragon Tamer Nick strikes again!" the guy said as he jumped in front of Lyle. "Who will be his next victim!?"

"Um, who are you?" Lyle said.

"Didn't you just hear my introduction? I'm Nick the Legendary Dragon Tamer. I'm sure you've heard of me."

"No, I haven't heard of you. Sorry." Lyle passed him and started to walk towards Jubilife City. "It was good meeting you Nick. Good luck with the dragon tamer thing."

"Hey, wait!" Nick said, running up to Lyle again. "Our eyes met. We even had a small conversation. That means we have to battle."

"But I don't want to battle. Right now, I just want to get to Jubilife City. I have something very important to do." The trainer didn't give up.

"Come on. It's just a quick battle. I need to level up my Pokémon."

"Fine. Let's do this." Lyle threw one of his Pokeballs forward. Vulpix came out.

"Alright!" He threw a Pokeball forward. A Bagon popped out. "Bagon! Attack the enemy with Bite! Bagon bite Vulpix on the back. Vulpix cried out in pain.

"Vulpix! Do something. Use your Ember attack or something!" Vulpix spit out a stream of small flames at the Bagon. The attack hit the Bagon, but didn't seem to do any damage.

"Bite Vulpix again!" Bagon bit Vulpix again. Vulpix screamed in pain. It retreated back to Lyle.

"Vulpix! What are you doing? Get back in there and fight!" Vulpix shook her head from left to right. She didn't want to fight the Bagon.

"What's wrong? Is your Bagon a chicken?" Nick laughed.

"No, she's not a chicken. She just doesn't want to fight you. She's afraid she might hurt you."

Kevin gritted his teeth. "You'll pay for that remark. Finish that thing off with another Bite!" Bagon ran up to Vulpix and got ready to bite her. At the last minute, Lyle recalled his Pokémon. "Hey, what are you doing? You can't just quit like that!"

"That matchup wasn't fair. It's obvious that you Bagon has a resistance to Fire-type attacks."

"Well, if you won't fight, then you forfeit the match."

"That wasn't a match. That was far from a match. You can take the win this time, but next time, I'll have the attacks necessary to defeat you. Just wait and see."

"Ha! You make me laugh! I'll be waiting." Nick took his Pokémon and walked away. "Catch you later."

"That guy sickens me," Lyle said. He looked at Vulpix's Pokeball. "Don't worry, we'll get much stronger. Hey, Reed, let's go." Lyle continued. Then he realized that no one was there. "Reed?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back