• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Escapism"

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2009
    Stick the knife into me slowly
    Let me feel what you unravel
    Tattoo your pain up and down my side
    Etch your purpose into my chest
    Lapse in and out of consciousness
    While you blow the world upside down
    And the stars will decorate us as they fall
    Up from the heavens
    Down into the seas
    Where the waves crush us without question
    As we cower beneath
    We can only beg
    But succumb to the awesome power of mother earth
    We fall back into her womb
    Arriving at the start
    To begin the process anew

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    I really like this poem....but there are a few issues. Like no punctuation. Basically the poem right now just looks like it needs to be read in one breath. Now if you want it that way then leave it, but i think it sounds better when you have a few pauses.
    Also, it is a bit confusing, but then again poetry is for the poet, and everyone finds their own meaning, so that is not really an issue (imo).
    But great poem i really like it and i hope that you keep writing!

Vie

Years
    I like what it is about and what words you used. there are some pretty good metaphors and personifications. (thats one hell of a word) I just miss a bit of a pattern. no rhyme schemes or something like that. maybe you could write another verse, I would like to know what it would be about. but you did a good job, is this the first poem you wrote?
    keep it up! d( ' ' )z

Back