• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Espeon: cat or dog?

Shiny!

My computer's sooo slow...
    Years
    You know, all the Eeveelutions are considered canine. But isn't Espeon an exception? Look at him: he moves like a cat, his body is build likewise, his cry is defintely nearer to a cat's meow than a dog's bark. For me, he acts more like a cat too.
    And what do you think?

Last edited:

MxLunaMoth

Just a little lullaby
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    It looks like a cat, but it doesn't have to be either one.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    Well, technicly, it's a pokemon, not an animal, but yes, it's cat like, while the others are fox-like.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    umbreon reminds me of a certain fox I saw while camping, actually. And, Iveechan, what legendary beasts are you talkin' about?

Years
    I still say its a cat. On colleseum it just sits there the whole time, so cat like.. and it looks like a cat.

how can Eevee evolve into a diferent species of animals?

How does a little red bird (Torchic) evolve into that monstrous thing (Blaziken) 0_o

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
    Years
    I don't really understand how they call all the Eeveelutions dogs. I mean, if you really think about it, all of them don't really look like dogs, or have many charecteristics of dogs. They do on the other hand look like cats. They have the long ears, and some have the tails, and etc.

Espeon looks the most like a cat to me. Its ears and its tail make it look like a cat rather than any kind of dog I've seen. :P

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
    They always gave me the impression of foxes. Espeon has the ears of a fennec fox, but a catlike build. Umbreon's movements in stadium are a bit catlike. So, in conclusion, eons are cat-dogs, or calines :D. And yes, I did mean Raikou, Entei, and Suicune.

Star6

PC'S Local Sci-Fi Geek
    Years
    Espeoon is defintely a cat not a dog. It just looks gracefully unlike a dog who looks more fierce and angry. It also behaves like a cat I think more then I dog. So i rule it should be a cat.

Jolty-kun

Years
    Its obviously a cat O.o;, just think it isnt the only one, poliwhorl could evolve into a bigger tadpole, *or* a toad, it just dosent only occure to eevee, espeon has cat looks, and cat personality in other words, the way it acts.. BUT, your right about them doing 5 evolutions and missing one out and making i cat instead of a dog, but they jusr gave it another try, maybe they wanted to do something different?, then it would be simple O.o;

Back