• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Espeon or Umbreon?

Espeon or Umbreon?

• Espeon

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Umbreon

Votes: 30 53.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
    Well Espeon is more of a sweeper. Take em out quick with few attacks, but it goes down way too easy......its a glass cannon....

Umbreon isn't a sweeper or an attacker type......umbreon is more for stalling, being annoying as heck and its kinda a tank. so i perfer umbreon, the doubleteam like crazy+Moonlight+Toxic cheap as heck ninja pokemon XD

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Toughie. Espeon has the superior moveset (Seriously, why didn't they give Umbreon Crunch???), but I think Umbreon looks better.

I love them both, but I think Umbreon just about edges it based on aesthetics and personal preference.

Pink Twilight

Moon and Sun combine!!!
    Years
    well i think espeon is more of a speed stat pokemon. gets the pokemon out quick and easy and thats my strategy, so im going with espeon. i luv umbreona and comes in a close second, but it has low stats and is more of a defense pokemon and im more of an offense trainer.

SuperLightning

Eevee Lover and Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2010
    um...actually Espeon is better Game-wise. But i like Umbreon cause he looks cool.

hm...I just noticed hes named after the umbra part of an eclipse. cool

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Espeon or Umbreon?

Espeon, it's always good to have a Psychic type close by and this is one of the best attackers of the group, while also easy to get. With a defense improving item and RETURN in its roster, this thing is a beast.

Plus, I like lavender.

Kagura

..what?
    Years
    Espeon or Umbreon?

As a prefered offensive trainer, I think it's best to have at least one tank/annoyer in your party. Umbreon is just that for myself when I play in-game. It can take its fair share of hits, and with Toxic and Confuse Ray combined, its a deadly combination. When I was slightly underleveled for Champion Cynthia, Umbreon with Toxic really did work on Garchomp and the like.

If you prefer Espeon, thats perfectly fine and I respect that, but I just prefer Umbreon for the reasons I stated above.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I love all the Eevee evolutions, these two are both very unique. Umbreon looks badass and his dark type makes him even cooler, while Espeon holds an advantage in battle with physic moves which is a big advantage. However, you can't count Umbreon out although it is outmatched by speed, and general attack, Umbreons defense makes up for it and not to mention Umbreon has the type advantage. It would make for an interesting battle for sure.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Umbreon for me, because of how cool it is and how it can be used in battle.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    Umbreon of course, it's dark, looks cool, and has the theme of the moon and night time. Doesn't hurt that it's also my 2nd favorite Pokemon XD.
    Espeon is just, IDK, doesn't really make an impact on me in anyway and doesn't stand out visually in my eyes.

----------------
    Listening to: Coldplay - The Escapist
    via FoxyTunes

Ayselipera

I overall I like Espeon better. It has great sp.attack that lets it take out other pokemon easily while Umbreon's attack and sp. attack aren't that great. And I would rather have a pokemon that can make a hit rather than take a blow.

I will admit though that Umbreon does look cooler.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    They are both one of my favorite Pokemon, but I chose Umbreon just because it's black and it's typing is dark.

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
    I would have to go with espeon. I dunno why but the way it looks and its move set appeal more to me then umbreons do. Not to mention psychic types are crazy awsome.

I would have to go with espeon. I dunno why but the way it looks and its move set appeal more to me then umbreons do. Not to mention psychic types are crazy awsome.

Last edited:

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Espeon. Whether she's a good battler or not, I just love her so much more than Umbreon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back