• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials v16.2+] Tall Grass

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
    As title said. '-'
    About "bit buggy", rec a GIF and show me, works fine to me.

NoNoNever

Creator from Pokemon Illuison, Pokemon Arcadia, Po
    Years
    Well, I just took a vanilla 17.2 version of essentials, added a new scripts page called Sprite_TallGrass where i've added the code you wrote and then added the code lines you mention in Sprite_Character, and I'm sure I did it correctly as I've done it more than once in different vanilla essentials. Oh, and also added the graphic in the correct folder. Then I start a new game and walk into any grass of the game but nothing happends and any error pops up, simply it doesn't work, I can see my full character when walking between tiles. I don't know if it's my fault or there's something missing. Can you try it by yourself in a vanilla version following the steps you tell here? To make sure it's not a problem of the instructions. Thanks in advice, I've seen other scripts in the forum you made and they are really awesome.

Got the same error, but i fixed it.. i forgot to set the terrain tag on my grass tile

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Got the same error, but i fixed it.. i forgot to set the terrain tag on my grass tile

You mean you added a new grass tile to the vanilla version and then added the terrain tag or added the tag to the current grass tile? (which already has the terrain tag 2).

I'm not sure if I've said this but the part that is not woking is the code in the second post to hide the feet when walking in the grass, the first part is working fine.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    As I don't know what else to do I'm posting here what I've done so far. In the gif you can see that the grass image is showing, but you can clearly see the character's feet when walking from a tile to another. This is the gif:

[Essentials v16.2+] Tall Grass

These are my scripts:

Spoiler:

Please tell me what do I have done wrong, I've tryed everything ^^U

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
    Wrong animation. Take what I did and edit:

Attachments

• [Essentials v16.2+] Tall Grass
      20200114_110114.png
      13.7 KB · Views: 60

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
    Added ' || event.transparent' inside def update:
    Code:
      def update
        return if disposed? || !$scene || !$scene.is_a?(Scene_Map)
        return jump_sprite if event.jumping?
        if event.character_name =="" || event.character_name == "nil" || event.moving? ||
          pbGetTerrainTag(event)!=PBTerrain::Grass  || event.transparent
          # Just-in-time disposal of sprite 
          if @sprite; @sprite.dispose; @sprite = nil; end; return
        end
        # Just-in-time creation of sprite

Edited the main post.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
    Just reporting this visual bug when you jump from bushes with a nearby ledges.

https://imgur.com/a/geAHry0 (idk why it didn't appear when i put the tags, but theres the link.)
    o/

Our problem:
    Code:
        return jump_sprite if event.jumping?

Just remove it, also remove all the code inside 'def jump_sprite too' and add 'event.jumping?' after ' pbGetTerrainTag(event)!=PBTerrain::Grass ||':
    Code:
      def update
        return if disposed? || !$scene || !$scene.is_a?(Scene_Map)
        if event.character_name =="" || event.character_name == "nil" || event.moving? ||
          pbGetTerrainTag(event)!=PBTerrain::Grass || event.jumping? || event.transparent 
          # Just-in-time disposal of sprite 
          if @sprite; @sprite.dispose; @sprite = nil; end; return
        end

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2023
    Hi! If anyone wants to use this script in v16.2, I found a way to adapt it:

The first step is the same, put this script below "Sprite_Character" and above "Main":

Spoiler:

Then, inside "Sprite_Character":

Spoiler:

And that's it! You're welcome :)

Back