• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Estimation] First Pocket Monster cards ever made.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2010
    Hello,

I found not long ago some card in my closet.
    This is the first card ever made and published
    I would like to know how I can sell it.
    This card are recto verso the picture show the two sides.

Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Well... I don't think that these are official Pokemon products.
    First off, none of them have the copyright information on the bottom of the cards that ALL Pokemon cards do, regardless of release date or language. Second, if you'll look at the card on the bottom right of the second thumbnail image (the one of Ash with three Pikachus), Ash's foot is cut off at the top and has some text on it which indicates copy/pasting, and all of the Pikachus are the same image duplicated a few times. Given the quality of the drawing on the Pikachus in that card, it's also clear that they were not officially drawn. Also, not all of the cards seem to have the Pokeball with the number indicating which card it is in the set.
    The big thing is the copyright info. Pokemon inc. would never have been able to print anything without that information on it somewhere, and the fact that they don't have it is a big indicator that they are knock-offs. Sorry :(

Back