• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eternal Shadow's ShowCase.

Empire

Lurking since 2008
Years
  • These are from a while ago.
    Judging from these, do you think i should get back into spriting?

Yes i know they don't really belong here, but i needed rates on all of them in one.

Affliate button made for a friends Website. On Photoshop, just messing around with gradients. -

Some Pokemon in My (Metallic Darkness) Pallete -

Some Pokemon in my Revamped (Darkness Soul) Pallete -

Pokemon in my Infamous (Disco Night) Pallete, I had a dex of these on another forums.

Something i was messing around in paint with, dunno what to call it -

A random banner i made messing around with GIMP (Too big to show, click link) - https://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc70/DragonballZ-Master/EternalSghads.png

Messing around in paint -

MX-Radiation Pallete -

Shock Blast Pallete -

Yes i'm more of a recolour-er than a fusionist. But that's just how i roll.

So guys, what do you think?

Last edited:

WIRED

Don't hate because you ain't.
    Years
  • First may I suggest making your sprites transparent, it makes them look a lot better and the work stands out more. Like your Numel for example.

Your metallic darkness pallet is good looking and it fits its name, although I would think it would look better just making it just a bit more darker and have the grey stand out more for a better metallic look.

Your darkness soul pallet is good looking although, I would suggest lighting it up a bit I can barely see it.

Your disco night pallet is very well done, very stylish, and colorful. There isn't much to be said about it accept well done.

Your Eternal Shadow image, it would look better with smoothed edges, as well with your arcanine.

Your shock blast pallet looks good, although the colors you chose with it make it look more inverted try experimenting with other colors if you haven't yet.

I almost forgot, YES you should get back into spriting.

Last edited:

Zee.kthxbai

Sweet Supine Surrealist
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    Yeah, get back into spriting.

But the recolors are just... bleh. I don't care for... any of them. The colors are so ugly and contrasting in all the wrong ways or just absolute lack of contrast. I mean... ew.

But no, if you sprite, then yeah get back into it. Recolors are pretty much hack work anyhow, lets just be honest. Do some fusions, or ideally, customs. Customs are by far the most rewarding and worthwhile. But what do I know, I do more fusions than sprites these days.

Back