• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eureka seveN to get sequel in both anime and manga

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2013
    Hmm...I admit I was dumbfounded to read that; I really don't know if I should be excited. But, upon reading through the article and other sources carefully, doesn't the sequel like center around a different, irrelevant protagonist, and during a different timeline/setting? Or not..?

Scratch that, anything from Bones is totally worth checking.

Beefinator

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    I'm completely surprised E7 is getting a sequal. I rewatched the original just last summer and I still find it amazing. I'm excited for the sequal very much.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    So I guess the random blue-haired-socially-unstable-but-still-awesome person might be the norm for the show? Seeing this get a sequel was pretty surprising, not so much because of how the first series ended but just because we went so long without just a scant amount of new material, I figured it wouldn't have stayed in the public eye enough to warrant new series. Either way, looks interesting! I'll definitely be watching whenever it starts.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Oh wow. This is pretty exciting. I watched that series so long ago, but I do remember it was the first series to ever make me cry lol... Even if it was just a single tear. Except the ending also at the same time made no sense until I Wiki'd it. I... don't know if I'd watch it though; I don't really watch anime anymore.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • And in classical good timing, they released some details on the plot and a new scan today:

"The February issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine is presenting the story outline, staff list, and a new piece of art for Eureka Seven Ao, the sequel to Bones' 2005-2006 Eureka Seven television anime series, on Tuesday.

The story is set on Okinawa's isolated island of Iwado, which has seen a growing movement advocating a return to an autonomous government. Ao Fukai, a 13-year-old boy with a missing father, lives on the island with an old doctor named Toshio and is about to enter middle school. Ao's mother was taken away a decade ago by unknown individuals. Naru Arata, Ao's 13-year-old childhood friend and the story's heroine, lives with her father, older sister, and grandmother. She has a "Yuta" power awakened within her due to an incident when she was young.

A mysterious entity called "Secret" suddenly appears and launches an attack on the Scub Coral lifeform on the island. In his fervent desire to protect the island, Ao launches a certain military FP called "Nirvash" aboard a Japanese military transport.

The anime sequels features the return of the original anime's director, several mechanical designers, art director, color stylist, visual effects director, and director of photography. The first anime's character designer Kenichi Yoshida and main mechanical designer Shoji Kawamori are also credited for "key character designs" and "Nirvash designs," respectively." -AnimeNewsNetwork

Eureka seveN to get sequel in both anime and manga

Beefinator

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    And in classical good timing, they released some details on the plot and a new scan today:

"The February issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine is presenting the story outline, staff list, and a new piece of art for Eureka Seven Ao, the sequel to Bones' 2005-2006 Eureka Seven television anime series, on Tuesday.

The story is set on Okinawa's isolated island of Iwado, which has seen a growing movement advocating a return to an autonomous government. Ao Fukai, a 13-year-old boy with a missing father, lives on the island with an old doctor named Toshio and is about to enter middle school. Ao's mother was taken away a decade ago by unknown individuals. Naru Arata, Ao's 13-year-old childhood friend and the story's heroine, lives with her father, older sister, and grandmother. She has a "Yuta" power awakened within her due to an incident when she was young.

A mysterious entity called "Secret" suddenly appears and launches an attack on the Scub Coral lifeform on the island. In his fervent desire to protect the island, Ao launches a certain military FP called "Nirvash" aboard a Japanese military transport.

The anime sequels features the return of the original anime's director, several mechanical designers, art director, color stylist, visual effects director, and director of photography. The first anime's character designer Kenichi Yoshida and main mechanical designer Shoji Kawamori are also credited for "key character designs" and "Nirvash designs," respectively." -AnimeNewsNetwork

Damn. I was expecting the cast from the original series to make a comeback.
    Really wanted to see what happens when Eureka and Renton came back. But I guess having a new cast means a whole new plot and character developement.
    Maybe they'll make an OVA,for the original, telling us what happened to everyone after they saved the world?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Or we might find out in this series itself. :P It's not unheard of to have members of the older cast returning, depending on how long after the original series it's set.

Anywho! Sounds like an interesting story, I suppose the parents are probably going to have a vital role in the series later on. Also, I had no idea Kawamori was the mecha designer for these shows, nifty.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Well, at least with mention of the Scub Coral, we're pretty much guaranteed to be in the same timeline as the first season. It might not be a few generations after season 1, so it wouldn't surprise me if Ao was a descendent of Eureka or something. Interested to see what Naru's "yuta" power entails as well.

I find it funny that while Ao has Eureka's hair and eye colours, Naru has Renton's.

Back