• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen EV Question

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2008
    I know that a Pokemon with an Exp. share receives the same EV's as the battling pokemon, but what happens when you have multiple exp shares on different Pokemon on your party? Do they divide the EV's amongst them, or do they all get the same EV as the battling Pokemon.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • If all pokemon have Exp Share, then yes, they would all recieve the EV's. But say the first pokemon has an item that increases the number of EV's obtained (such as a power anklet), the first pokemon recieves the extra EV's while the others still recieve the normal amount.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123757

THE FAQ said:
    I have a Pokemon holding Exp. Share does it gain EVs too?
    -Yes the Pokemon holding Exp. Share gains the same EVs as the one who's doing all the battling. If you have a Charizard in the front of your team who's defeating Starlys, and you also have a Squirtle in your team holding Exp. Share, both the Charizard and Squirtle will get 1 Speed Effort Value. Now, if you have the Charizard holding Macho Brace, and the Squirtle holding Exp. Share, the Squirtle will not get the same EVs as Charizard. Charizard gets 2 Speed EVs because it is holding Macho Brace, but Squirtle only still gets 1 Speed EV.

As far as I know, Pokerus doesn't affect the EVs gained by the EXP Share-holder, even if the Share-holder is the infected one.

Back