• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen EV questions galore.

Charizard_Master56

Fire Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    1. Using a Lvl. Sneasel W/ Power Bracer and so I send him out (He has pokerus too), then I don't attack with him but immediately switch out for another pokemon and take it down. The pokemon adds + 2 for speed.
    Would it be 2 (2+4) = 12 EVs per battle?

2. How can I get my pokemon infected with pokerus? If so, will someone help me?

3. How will I be able to tell that the training is working? I don't want to screw up because I might be wrong or something.

4. So, I give my Sneasel 10 vitamins, that's 100 EVs, I need 152 more EVs. Meaning 12 x 13 = 156 EVs, so I'd have to do 12 battles and then one for less EVs to straighten it out. Then the same for the other stat.

5. After I have EV trained, can I just battle with them normally until they reach lvl. 100?

6. What are the best regions to EV train for each stat (With the highest, I mean highest) and what are the best trainers to EV on and which pokemon in those teams give me which EVs along with a total.

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    1. Using a Lvl. Sneasel W/ Power Bracer and so I send him out (He has pokerus too), then I don't attack with him but immediately switch out for another pokemon and take it down. The pokemon adds + 2 for speed.
    Would it be 2 (2+4) = 12 EVs per battle?

2. How can I get my pokemon infected with pokerus? If so, will someone help me?

3. How will I be able to tell that the training is working? I don't want to screw up because I might be wrong or something.

4. So, I give my Sneasel 10 vitamins, that's 100 EVs, I need 152 more EVs. Meaning 12 x 13 = 156 EVs, so I'd have to do 12 battles and then one for less EVs to straighten it out. Then the same for the other stat.

5. After I have EV trained, can I just battle with them normally until they reach lvl. 100?

6. What are the best regions to EV train for each stat (With the highest, I mean highest) and what are the best trainers to EV on and which pokemon in those teams give me which EVs along with a total.

Thanks.

1. If Power Bracer multiplies the EVs by 4 (which I haven't verified, but if it's true, then WHOA O_O), then yes, you're correct.

2. You have to get lucky and battle a wild Pokemon with it...or trade someone that has it. Once you have it, just spread it to some random others and deposit them in your PC. While they're there they'll keep the Pokerus and you'll be able to spread it as needed. And..."If so"?

3. If a stat goes up by a ridiculously-high number when you get enough Experience to level up (usually 5 or more for a non-Legendary), it's working. When you think you've got all the EVs, go to the Seal store in Sunyshore (LOL) and talk to the girl. She'll give your 1st Pokemon an Effort Ribbon if it has all 510 EVs.

4. ...Okay, and your question is...?

5. Once you have the EVs filled up, then yes you can.

6. ......I dunno. There was a thread on that earlier...it should still be on one of the first few pages.

Sir~Suddeath

#1 Breeder
    Years
    If Power Bracer multiplies the EVs by 4
    I does not Multiply by 4, it adds 4, and Pokerus will double that, so say you fighting Bidoof with one Hp Iv:
    1 Hp IV+ Power Weigh=4 more hp IVs, equal 5 Hp Ivs, then, double that, so every Bidoof you kill, gets you 10 Hp IVs.
    Hope this helped ^_^

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    If Power Bracer multiplies the EVs by 4
    I does not Multiply by 4, it adds 4, and Pokerus will double that, so say you fighting Bidoof with one Hp Iv:
    1 Hp IV+ Power Weigh=4 more hp IVs, equal 5 Hp Ivs, then, double that, so every Bidoof you kill, gets you 10 Hp IVs.
    Hope this helped ^_^

EV =/= IV.

Nameless111 said:
    do Power Bracers work w/ rare candies?

Using Rare Candies doesn't give you EVs, so definitely no.

Back