• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen EV Training Help

GrayLuna

Years
    Well, a wile ago I found out that EV training existed so i decided to EV train a Poochyena on its speed and attack stats and i read that at level 100 its stats will go up by up to 60 if you EV train but when Mightyena leveled up to 100 it didn't receive much stat points. Just like 3 for hp,attack,and speed and 2 for defense, special attack, and special defense know its status are
    HP-293
    Attack-243
    Defense-175
    Special Attack-133
    Special Defense-115
    Speed-228
    Comparing them to psypokes.com there horrible so can someone tell me why the stats didn't go up at level 100. I battled Pokemon and trainers with Pokemon that gave attack and speed EV's but I didn't evolve Poochyena till i think level 62 was that part of the problem when you EV train do you have to make your Pokemon evolve sooner.

Last edited:
    The extra points from EV training are spread out throughout the whole leveling process so in order to grow those 63 points with one level up you'd have to level up the Pokémon to level 99 with Rare Candies or daycare, EV train it and level it up.

Thanks I think I get it now I have to breed or catch a Pokemon with good IVs on the stats if I want to be able to get good results from EV training is that right? And the only way to actually get 63 points at level 100 is if i EV train at level 99 if not then i get them wile i am leveling up. Does this mean that my Mightyena already got the EV points?

Last edited:
    It doesnt matter at what level the pokemon is, if you EV train the same way to to a high and low level pokemon but both same in IV's, nature, gender its all going to end the same way at lv.100.

Back