• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EV training question

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    Yes, any Pokemon that gains EXP from the battle (whether by participating in the battle or through EXP Share) will gain full EVs.

Remember that if your battling Pokemon is holding Macho Brace, the Pokemon with EXP Share will NOT get the bonus. It only gets the EVs that the defending Pokemon gives.

Shiny Meganium

Meganium trainer
    Years
    Do the EVs get shared as well? For example, would my Machamp get 0.5 attack Evs against a Paras and my Lileep get 0.5 Evs as well, or would they both get one each?

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    Read my post again. XD

trjessie579 said:
    Yes, any Pokemon that gains EXP from the battle (whether by participating in the battle or through EXP Share) will gain full EVs.

EVs are not "split," each Pokemon that gains EXP gets all EVs that the defending Pokemon gives.

Back