• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Event creating problems in Advanced Map

Years
    I'm currently making a new Leaf Green ROM, and I'm trying to create a new event (A script to be specific). I increase the amount of scripts by one on the event changer, but when I do a new window called "Events" pops up with the option to Search for bytes and that 68 bytes are required. When I hit search it says that it didn't find anything even though I also searched with FSF. I don't know what to do I can't create any events!

Years
    Use FireRed as a ROM base
    I'm not sure if the problem occurs because you're using leaf green, but no matter what, FireRed is better for ROM hacking, and if you start on a fresh rom, I'm sure you wont have that problem

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Actually, if you go to the .ini and pull up the LeafGreen section, you will notice that the offset it starts at for the free space search has an extra zero. Just change it from "$6B00000" to "$6B0000" and it will work perfectly. ;)

Back