• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ever been too strong?

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
  • I'm fighting boredom in my game now instead of enemy pokemon. My guys are too strong. the only thing that is bothering me right now is the stupid kingdras at the battle tower. Once I've beaten the battle tower, I'll have a gold trainer card and then what will I do? My team is so strong and balanced that none of my friends are anyu challenge, nor do they want to fight me. Whenever I ask for a battle, they always say "Why? you know you'll beat me." So it's like the power i worked so hard to obtain hs made the game boring for me. And i'm too attached to my pokemon to start over. That would be almost three hundred hours down teh tube. has anyone else reached this level of strength that would be considered just too strong?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years

*thinks that everyone should be too strong for ingame*
    *this is why they created ONLINE BATTLING... if you think you're too strong, go there*

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 27, 2009
    Well, in my opinion, you don't have to be a very good battler to beat the games. I think that the stronger trainer can win when they use strategy, rather than just leveling up their pokemon. So meh, Frostweaver is right, you should give online battling a shot. I keep learning more and more everytime I have a battle. =)

Firequill

Digital Artist
    Years
  • Ive had the same problem with getting friends to abttle me. It just doesnt work.. i even suggest that i use one of my not very strong versions but they still think i'll beat them and wont battle me *sigh*

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2004
    yeeah i once beat brock with 1 pokemon a level 3 metapod with only harden an takle pretty easy actualy

Deranged

Secretly Popular
    Years
  • A couple of suggestions for Pogiforce-14.

Do you think you could beat yourself?
    Why not try temporarily trading your elite team to a friend's game, then merge records, get your Pok?mon back, and battle your own Pok?mon in your friend's Secret base?

Also, perhaps try experimenting more with egg moves for Pok?mon you don't normally use. And maybe making teams of, say, Lv50's (I'm guessing your Elites are closed to Lv100), and keeping them at that Level, just for battling friends.

Or, how about Pok?mon for contests and challenging your friends there?

There is still plenty to do in these games if you want to keep playing, especially if you want to work to playing with your friends too!

:)

(Sorry if this sounded patronising, or something :'( )

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Deranged said:
    A couple of suggestions for Pogiforce-14.

Do you think you could beat yourself?
    Why not try temporarily trading your elite team to a friend's game, then merge records, get your Pok?mon back, and battle your own Pok?mon in your friend's Secret base?

Also, perhaps try experimenting more with egg moves for Pok?mon you don't normally use. And maybe making teams of, say, Lv50's (I'm guessing your Elites are closed to Lv100), and keeping them at that Level, just for battling friends.

Or, how about Pok?mon for contests and challenging your friends there?

There is still plenty to do in these games if you want to keep playing, especially if you want to work to playing with your friends too!

:)

(Sorry if this sounded patronising, or something :'( )
    *will not work as computer AI sucks terribly even with an elite legendary team*

*best solution: go online battle, or study Pokemon game in GREAT DEPTH*

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    *will not work as computer AI sucks terribly even with an elite legendary team*

*best solution: go online battle, or study Pokemon game in GREAT DEPTH*

I suppose internet battling would work. It actually sounds very intersting. But I never heard of it before. Where do I go for internet battling, and is their anyspecial kind ofgear I need to hook up?

I just remembered that i did build myelf a new team. I got bored and i was watching pokemon one day when i got an idea. So i went and deposited all my strong pokemon, and pulled out a tailow, and extra treecko I had sitting around, a male pikachu, and then i taught that pikachu iron tail, and whala, Ash's Hoenn Team!

Last edited:

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Okay, I just downloaded the mirc thing for internet battling, but i'm not used to typing in code. it's gonna take me a good hwile to get it all figured out.

Back