• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Everyone picks on me!

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    EV: 252 HP / 252 Defence / 4 Sp.Atk
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)

- Roar
    - Ice Beam
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock

The best pert set is:

Swampert @ Leftovers

236 HP 208 Def 60 SpAtk

Earthquake
    Stealthrock
    Ice Beam
    Roar/HP Fire/Surf/Hydropump

The HP Evs reach optimal leftovers recovery and 56 SpAtk is enough to KO Mence switching into stealthrock with 0HP EVs. 60 SpAtk is for those rare 4HP 252Atk 252Spe DD Mences.

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    EV: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)

- Ice Shard
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower

To me this looks a bit redundant on your team, as it looks like all it does is Revenge Kill dragons, and thats all.

Also Scarf could be a good option on Flygon

Malevolent Mismagius

Bulky Metagross!
    Years
  • I'm thinking of switching Tyranitar instead of Flygon because the longer I use Flygon the more offputting it is that it doesn't hit as hard as some general powerhouses such as Metagross and Salamence.

Ice Fang>>Superpower because switchins are getting in easily and Ice Fang provides a good hit to said switchins.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    I'm thinking of switching Tyranitar instead of Flygon because the longer I use Flygon the more offputting it is that it doesn't hit as hard as some general powerhouses such as Metagross and Salamence.

I've always thought that this would be a better alternative, and it handles Zapdos even better without even needing prediction.

Use CBTar if you want more power than CBFlygon.

Your team lacks synergy, but the main offender is Mamoswine, not doing anything except hitting Salamence. This slot could be better used by something that is a fast revenge killer. Rotom isn't providing coverage very well since you switched Shadow Ball for WoW.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    EV: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)

- Ice Shard
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Ice Fang
    Ice Fang AND Ice Shard? Regardless of what Smogon tells you, Superpower > Ice Fang on this set. You do realize that Ice Fang is still a weakish move, except this time WITHOUT priority? Logically, after 2 turns against anything faster than Mamo that can 2HKO it, Ice Shard will have a combined BP of 80 while Ice Fang will be stuck at 65. Better yet anything faster that can OHKO.

Superpower extends your coverage only a little more, but why waist a slot on something you already have but better?

Malevolent Mismagius

Bulky Metagross!
    Years
  • Yes, but Superpower doesn't even 2HKO Bronzong and that was the main reason it was there. Although Ice Fang and Ice Shard are the same type, they do different things. Ice Shard is for things faster than me, and Ice Fang is for hitting switch-ins very hard, which Ice Shard just doesn't do.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Ice Fang AND Ice Shard? Regardless of what Smogon tells you, Superpower > Ice Fang on this set. You do realize that Ice Fang is still a weakish move, except this time WITHOUT priority? Logically, after 2 turns against anything faster than Mamo that can 2HKO it, Ice Shard will have a combined BP of 80 while Ice Fang will be stuck at 65. Better yet anything faster that can OHKO.

Superpower extends your coverage only a little more, but why waist a slot on something you already have but better?

Or you could Ice Fang and then Ice Shard and get a higher damage output than either lol...

But seriously, Superpower doesn't even do anything. It just leaves Mamoswine vulnerable since it isn't as threatening with a dip in attack and its already not amazing Defense is falling below frail things like Gengar. It doesn't even kill what it's supposed to (aka Bronzong), while Ice Fang is stronger against Hippowdon and Celebi. Ice Fang is probably Mamoswine's least used attack, but it's much more useful than Superpower will ever be.

Malevolent Mismagius

Bulky Metagross!
    Years
  • I have now given in to the temptation of switching Flygon for TTar and it has paid off.

Ice Fang STAYs. As I have already made clear, Ice Fang hits switch-ins hard, which I would rather do than hit some counter who fears Superpower. As Anti has made clear, Superpower does nothing and Mamo is not threatening with a dip in attack and defence. Ice Fang's power is not to be underestimated. When you take into account STAB, Ice Fang's power is far superior to that of Ice Shard's, and this DOES make a difference.

I haven't posted for so long because I was on holidays.

Thanks for all the posts guys, keep 'em coming.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    I hate to seem like I'm nagging, but... that Mamo is still doing nothing.

And that Choice Specs is really uneccessary on Vaporeon, rather than to lock yourself in one move use the standard defencive set.

Nice new pics.

Noir Lancer

That One Guy
    Years
  • - 220 Def/ 216 SpA/ 72 Spe; Is an updated SpecsVappy spread, The Speed beats out the new standard 68 Speed EVs Vaporeon, and the Special Attack hits the highest jump point, the rest were thrown into Defense as it really needs them badly from what' I've seen.

- 176 HP/ 240 Atk/ 92 Spe; on Tyrantiar. I don't see why Smogon suggests 80 Speed Evs to outspeed no Speed Skarmory when they run 16 Speed EVs now, this investment actually outspeeds them, as well as other CBTyranitar and 16 Speed EVs Metagross. Otherwise just use a simple 252 HP/ 252 Atk spread if you don't feel the need to use that spread either.

Nice new pics.

I never get any credit for them ;__; That's why I don't bother doing any new ones anymore.....

Last edited:

Malevolent Mismagius

Bulky Metagross!
    Years
  • @Noir Lancer: Thanks for the spreads, I'll try them out when I next go on shoddy.

@Magnem: You realy aren't being helpful anymore. How else am I guaranteed to revenge kill mence and nite, without resorting to Weavile >.> Besides, Mamo is helping a lot as a Life Orb sweeper. It really has picked up the pace.

Specs on Vappy was because this is an OFFENSIVE team. Standard defensive Vappy bores with the lack of power it has, especially considering how much potential it has with a base stat of 110 iirc.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    I have now given in to the temptation of switching Flygon for TTar and it has paid off.

Ice Fang STAYs. As I have already made clear, Ice Fang hits switch-ins hard, which I would rather do than hit some counter who fears Superpower. As Anti has made clear, Superpower does nothing and Mamo is not threatening with a dip in attack and defence. Ice Fang's power is not to be underestimated. When you take into account STAB, Ice Fang's power is far superior to that of Ice Shard's, and this DOES make a difference.

I haven't posted for so long because I was on holidays.

Thanks for all the posts guys, keep 'em coming.
    Great, let me know when someone will be switching a Dragon-type in on Mamoswine. By the way, Ice Shard is still able to OHKO things like Lonely CB Flygon. Even so, if you are attempting to "hit switchins hard", than as long as Shard does 50%+ damage on the switchin turn you can still pull off a pseudo OHKO without taking damage. (unless the opponent has priority, but that's not a safe assumption)

You're correct if you say that Superpower's coverage is minimal, but it isn't a waste move and can hit things like Snorlax and other Mamoswine.

Malevolent Mismagius

Bulky Metagross!
    Years
  • Ice Fang is superior to Ice Shard when you consider STAB. I doubt that people will switch their dragon into my Mamoswine, therefore that is not the purpose of Ice Fang. When you consider STAB, there is actually quite a substantial difference between the powers of the two moves (100 and something for Ice Fang-60 for Ice Shard). I won't be using Ice Fang against a dragon unless that dragon's name is Kingdra, Ice Fang is more for things such as Cresselia.

Once again I repeat. IT WILL NOT BE CHANGED!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Great, let me know when someone will be switching a Dragon-type in on Mamoswine. By the way, Ice Shard is still able to OHKO things like Lonely CB Flygon. Even so, if you are attempting to "hit switchins hard", than as long as Shard does 50%+ damage on the switchin turn you can still pull off a pseudo OHKO without taking damage. (unless the opponent has priority, but that's not a safe assumption)

You're correct if you say that Superpower's coverage is minimal, but it isn't a waste move and can hit things like Snorlax and other Mamoswine.

I'm not going to make another big post like I did in the last thread, but let me say this: Have fun getting walled by Hippowdon, Donphan, Sandslash, Celebi, etc...

...Seriously, do you even know what you're talking about? Ice Shard is not a move to use on full health Pokemon. It's there for low HP targets, and there for killing Dragons and things like Reversal users. If you honestly feel hitting Snorlax for an OHKO is more important than actually winning against Hippowdon and Celebi, then fine. However, don't go around making it seem as if Ice Fang is a bad choice, when in fact it is the superior choice.

Sorry Overrated. I really like the team, as well as the format. I'll give you a rate sooner or later.

Back