• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evo During Battle

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
  • Code:
        Kernel.pbMessageDisplay(@sprites["msgwindow"],
           _INTL("\\se[]What?\r\n{1} is evolving!\\^",@pokemon.name)) { pbUpdate }

It's just reading where you last told the game to move the message window. Did you ever at any point in your project have the text window be on the top of the screen when an NPC talks? That's where it's getting it from.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Code:
        Kernel.pbMessageDisplay(@sprites["msgwindow"],
           _INTL("\\se[]What?\r\n{1} is evolving!\\^",@pokemon.name)) { pbUpdate }

It's just reading where you last told the game to move the message window. Did you ever at any point in your project have the text window be on the top of the screen when an NPC talks? That's where it's getting it from.

I've been doing some research in my game and it seems that the text is changed anywhere outside the code of the evolution, because if I take out he code for evolving inside the battle it still shows the text in the upper part of the screen, which is something I hadn't realized before. I don't know what to do.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi again guys!

I have a couple of questions.

1. Since my game is based on the series mixing with the original game, I wish I could make the evolution in battle as faithful as possible. Is there a way to make the Pokémon evolve in battle if it is, in fact, fighting and not just if it is in the party and gain exp without fight?

2. There is some way that after evolving (whether in combat or not) the Pokedex is opened giving information about the new species in the style of LETS GO. Since originally the games show the POKEDEX if you get a new species through capture.

3. I keep this damn mistake.

02-16.png

I can't make the POKEMON info box disappear using EBS. If anyone has any help I would appreciate it.

Thank you very much again for this great script.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Where do I put this in the scripts? Probably stupid to be unable to know which script I add to.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    Any tips for how to put it in an Essentials v16 copy? Im working on a project in Essentials GS and I want this script to be in it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2021
    Im getting like
    Undefined local variable or method 'thispoke'for nil:NilClass

Back