• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evolutions that should have happened??

Years
    Dude are you seriously 20? There was really no need for the juvenile comments. I could really care less if everyone agreed with me. Like I said before the point of this thread was to hear other people's ideas not to be told I am wrong. Tell me you think my ideas are stupid but before you do that come up with a real reason why and lets hear other people's opinions. Everyone just goes onto threads to shoot down other people's ideas but they never come up with anything on their own. Are all these troll's lives so bad that they get such enjoyment out of crushing other people. I don't care what anyone thinks but a lot of users on here are only kids and having people like you tell them they are wrong about everything without constructively telling them why is a huge shot at their confidence. So go ahead and tell me I'm wrong but I have yet to read a good idea come from you either.

Aww, looks like I hurt someone's poor little feelings. Are you sure you're 19? Because if satirically showing you how you present yourself, and pointing out shortcomings in your logic is juvenile, then bursting out in angst and accusing everyone not onboard your idea train of being trolls who didn't read your OP must make you an infant. ;)

I'd like you to note that no where in my post did I comment on your thoughts on which pokemon should evolve into what being stupid, but somehow, I'm being accused of such. Maybe someone didn't read my post at all. :P But now, since we're on the subject, Lapras isn't a sea slug, Zangoose and Sandslash are based on different real life animals that have nothing to do with each other. Turtles and camels have nothing to do with each other either. The only ones you have going for you are Carnivine and Seviper, but making them apart of the bellsprout and Ekans line respectively limits the Pokemon in question, and cheapens the Pokemon universe as a whole. Why you may ask? The Carnivine and Seviper lines could be added to in later generations, much like Likitung etc. were in later generations after Gen1. If they were apart of the other lines simply due to similarites, then there'd be no more room for expansion. It cheapens the entirety of Pokemon due to the fact that it's suppose to be a replacement to the real world, and in the real world, there isn't just one line of snakes, there are many who are closely related to each other. This is the reason why Seviper should be seen as a relative of the Ekans line instead of something that should've been added to said line and GameFreak are Noobs for not doing so. They actually broadened the fictional world instead of closed it off like you seem hellbent on instisting. This is the same for Minun a Plusle resembling Pichu. They're distant cousins, although you probably want to add them into the Pichu line as well.

Also, you're notion that the real world has nothing to do with the Pokemon world is a disasterous fail. In the Pokeverse, the Pokeworld takes the place of our own. In it, Pokemon have almost compeltely taken the roles and niches held by regular animals (See Zangoose*mongoose* and Seviper*snake* having a bitter rivalry.) While, yes, it isn't the real world, it's very similar. This is WHY making refrences to the real world is very valid, and has more ground than insisting that GF can do whatever they want without putting much thought into the matter. The notion that Numel's line should include Torkoal simply because they're both fire lava creatures is absurd. At that point, Charmander's line should also include Magmar. Stating that they could redesign the Pokemon to make your matches fit is very childish, since at that point, what you made is a completley different Pokemon, and not what you began with. With that in mind, you could've left the original alone and just made a new Pokemon intead This is WHY pidgey won't evolve into Arceus, and a redesign would just make a new Pokemon

TL;DR version: You're ideas are stupid. :D

And for the record; Remoraid and Octillary do match each other, as they are based on firearms. Remoraid is based on a Remmington revolver while Octillary is based on artillary cannons.

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
    Years
    If Gastrodon should evolve to Lapras then meowth should evolve to Purugly. Keep in mind that there are lots of pokémon from something that, let's call it, the same race but that are different. The point is to make it resemble the animals in real life, remember that we don't have just one type of felids, we have cats, lions, and so on. You're just looking at their aspect and not at their properties.

Years
    Aww, looks like I hurt someone's poor little feelings. Are you sure you're 19? Because if satirically showing you how you present yourself, and pointing out shortcomings in your logic is juvenile, then bursting out in angst and accusing everyone not onboard your idea train of being trolls who didn't read your OP must make you an infant. ;)

I'd like you to note that no where in my post did I comment on your thoughts on which pokemon should evolve into what being stupid, but somehow, I'm being accused of such. Maybe someone didn't read my post at all. :P But now, since we're on the subject, Lapras isn't a sea slug, Zangoose and Sandslash are based on different real life animals that have nothing to do with each other. Turtles and camels have nothing to do with each other either. The only ones you have going for you are Carnivine and Seviper, but making them apart of the bellsprout and Ekans line respectively limits the Pokemon in question, and cheapens the Pokemon universe as a whole. Why you may ask? The Carnivine and Seviper lines could be added to in later generations, much like Likitung etc. were in later generations after Gen1. If they were apart of the other lines simply due to similarites, then there'd be no more room for expansion. It cheapens the entirety of Pokemon due to the fact that it's suppose to be a replacement to the real world, and in the real world, there isn't just one line of snakes, there are many who are closely related to each other. This is the reason why Seviper should be seen as a relative of the Ekans line instead of something that should've been added to said line and GameFreak are Noobs for not doing so. They actually broadened the fictional world instead of closed it off like you seem hellbent on instisting. This is the same for Minun a Plusle resembling Pichu. They're distant cousins, although you probably want to add them into the Pichu line as well.

Also, you're notion that the real world has nothing to do with the Pokemon world is a disasterous fail. In the Pokeverse, the Pokeworld takes the place of our own. In it, Pokemon have almost compeltely taken the roles and niches held by regular animals (See Zangoose*mongoose* and Seviper*snake* having a bitter rivalry.) While, yes, it isn't the real world, it's very similar. This is WHY making refrences to the real world is very valid, and has more ground than insisting that GF can do whatever they want without putting much thought into the matter. The notion that Numel's line should include Torkoal simply because they're both fire lava creatures is absurd. At that point, Charmander's line should also include Magmar. Stating that they could redesign the Pokemon to make your matches fit is very childish, since at that point, what you made is a completley different Pokemon, and not what you began with. With that in mind, you could've left the original alone and just made a new Pokemon intead This is WHY pidgey won't evolve into Arceus, and a redesign would just make a new Pokemon

TL;DR version: You're ideas are stupid. :D

And for the record; Remoraid and Octillary do match each other, as they are based on firearms. Remoraid is based on a Remmington revolver while Octillary is based on artillary cannons.

Okay seriously you took what I said out of context again. I just want to get one thing straight here. This thread is to hear other peoples ideas not to shoot down mine. Now let me explain this because it seems to keep getting lost. A lot of people disagree with me, thats fine I dont care. That is the whole point of having an opinion. My point is dont come to the thread and write, "Your idea is stupid." and then leave. (This seems to have gotten lost with you also. I never said you called my idea stupid. I merely used that as an example.) Tell me my idea is stupid and then at least put an idea you (not you specifically) have. I know everyone has disagreed with at least one of the evolution lines before. (Trolls thats your cue to come in and say, "I never disagreed with an evolution line." and again this is not directed at any particular person.) Oh and to answer your questions, no you did not hurt my feelings and yes I am positive that I am 19. Good day friends.

PunxsatownyPhil

The guy who still uses a GBC
    Years
    Okay seriously you took what I said out of context again. I just want to get one thing straight here. This thread is to hear other peoples ideas not to shoot down mine. Now let me explain this because it seems to keep getting lost. A lot of people disagree with me, thats fine I dont care. That is the whole point of having an opinion. My point is dont come to the thread and write, "Your idea is stupid." and then leave. (This seems to have gotten lost with you also. I never said you called my idea stupid. I merely used that as an example.) Tell me my idea is stupid and then at least put an idea you (not you specifically) have. I know everyone has disagreed with at least one of the evolution lines before. (Trolls thats your cue to come in and say, "I never disagreed with an evolution line." and again this is not directed at any particular person.) Oh and to answer your questions, no you did not hurt my feelings and yes I am positive that I am 19. Good day friends.

Are you saying you'd prefer people to ignore your ideas entirely than to comment on why they are incorrect? Turtles aren't camels and a redesign would ruin the entire franchise with its cheapness.

Also, you really sound like an incontinent troll now.

Years
    Okay seriously you took what I said out of context again. I just want to get one thing straight here. This thread is to hear other peoples ideas not to shoot down mine.

I did not take anything you said out of context. Everything I posted is on topic. Show me where any of my post is taking anything you said out of context and I will give you a legendary Pidgey named Arceus.

Now let me explain this because it seems to keep getting lost. A lot of people disagree with me, thats fine I dont care. That is the whole point of having an opinion. My point is dont come to the thread and write, "Your idea is stupid." and then leave. (This seems to have gotten lost with you also. I never said you called my idea stupid. I merely used that as an example.) Tell me my idea is stupid and then at least put an idea you (not you specifically) have. I know everyone has disagreed with at least one of the evolution lines before. (Trolls thats your cue to come in and say, "I never disagreed with an evolution line." and again this is not directed at any particular person.) Oh and to answer your questions, no you did not hurt my feelings and yes I am positive that I am 19. Good day friends..

A few problems with this bit.

One of the points of this topic IS to voice our opinions on your idea. I direct you to the original post which states "Do you agree with my ideas? Are there any other evolutions that you think should have been common sense for Nintendo to make?" So, to be ontopic, it is valid to voice any support or discontent we have with your ideas.

You also DO seem to care what others think of your opinions, because everytime someone has said anything negative about them, you immediately hound them. Look at the first two people who posted, one of them only said that they sound 'iffy' and you jump at their throat.

Third of all, you DID accuse me of calling your idea stupid. Infact, that post was directed at me. Let's see a good example.

I don't care what anyone thinks but a lot of users on here are only kids and having people like you tell them they are wrong about everything without constructively telling them why is a huge shot at their confidence. So go ahead and tell me I'm wrong but I have yet to read a good idea come from you either."

Who else where you talking to when I'm the only one being refrenced? Also, why are you bashing my idea of the Pidgey line evolving into Arceus when you're suggesting a camel to evolve into a turtle?

Now, this is something that should've been done already: Make male and female Nidoran one Pokemon on the 'Dexs' instead of being two different species. They did it in Gen 1 without knowing there'd be a way to make different genders with improved technology. Give both male and female the same base stats, but keep their respective learnsets. This will make them the first Pokemon to have a completely different appearence and learnsets. When they evolve, it's how it is currently with male being Nidorino and female being Nidorina.

The only problem with this idea is the fact that it retcons previous games completely and changes many Pokedexs.

.Hoenn

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2010
    OMG, tons of flames, lol, anyway I think dunsparce needs a pre-evo

Years
    I did not take anything you said out of context. Everything I posted is on topic. Show me where any of my post is taking anything you said out of context and I will give you a legendary Pidgey named Arceus.

A few problems with this bit.

One of the points of this topic IS to voice our opinions on your idea. I direct you to the original post which states "Do you agree with my ideas? Are there any other evolutions that you think should have been common sense for Nintendo to make?" So, to be ontopic, it is valid to voice any support or discontent we have with your ideas.

You also DO seem to care what others think of your opinions, because everytime someone has said anything negative about them, you immediately hound them. Look at the first two people who posted, one of them only said that they sound 'iffy' and you jump at their throat.

Third of all, you DID accuse me of calling your idea stupid. Infact, that post was directed at me. Let's see a good example.

Who else where you talking to when I'm the only one being refrenced? Also, why are you bashing my idea of the Pidgey line evolving into Arceus when you're suggesting a camel to evolve into a turtle?

Now, this is something that should've been done already: Make male and female Nidoran one Pokemon on the 'Dexs' instead of being two different species. They did it in Gen 1 without knowing there'd be a way to make different genders with improved technology. Give both male and female the same base stats, but keep their respective learnsets. This will make them the first Pokemon to have a completely different appearence and learnsets. When they evolve, it's how it is currently with male being Nidorino and female being Nidorina.

The only problem with this idea is the fact that it retcons previous games completely and changes many Pokedexs.

Thank you. That is what I have been asking everyone to do this whole time. Go ahead and disagree with me. That is perfectly fine. All I wanted was for the people disagreeing with me to state their ideas also. I may have come across as jumping down peoples throats but that was never the case. This is what I was talking about when I said taking what I said out of context. I wasn't mad or anything I just was trying to get others to add to the conversation instead of everyone just saying the same thing over and over. So again, thank you.

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
    Years
    SEVIPER needs to be in a evo or have a evo chain
    SUNSPARCE needs and evo
    YADA YADA YADA i
    i'm pretty sure GF will make all pre evos and evo need later on!!!!!
    all you guys are bickering about is useless... come to a agreement... comprimise.. ok.. torkal camerupt numel line whatever oh and BTW u guys are saying all this... slugma magargo.. snail and slug.. dosen't mean it should be with the other slug pokes.. and Lapras.. no no no.. just like Mantine.. they added the pre-evo in GEN 4.. or like someone suggested Carnivine be with the Cacnea evo chain

pokemon - Lapras - pokemon

............Torkal
    Numel<
    ...........Camerupt

............Arbok
    Ekans <
    ...........Seviper

.................Carnivine
    Bellsprout<
    .................weepinbell - Victorybell

Years
    OMG, tons of flames, lol, anyway I think dunsparce needs a pre-evo

Oh no, if I wanted to flame, it'd be alot worse. Trust me on this one. ;)

I may have come across as jumping down peoples throats but that was never the case. This is what I was talking about when I said taking what I said out of context.

Yes you where, or do I need to once again point at your previous posts?

Back