• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Evolve Your Ghost Pokemon REALLY Fast

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2007
    i'm playing pokemon silver and i've just gotten past the sudowoodo and i have a really weak gastly that i wanted to evolve or just level up.

if you go to route 35 and run around in the grass, there are tons of nidorans at night and none of their attacks effect gastly! it takes a while to beat them [ at least for me because my gastly was level 5 ] but it's a great way to level up!

post if you have any other nifty little ideas for leveling up your pokemon!

Years
    All I really do is put the Poke I want to train as the first in my party. When I encounter a strong trainer or wild Pokemon, I switch to a much stronger Pokemon to battle. It's a pretty useful way to train weaker Pokemon (especially when fighting gym leaders or the E4) although it is a little time-consuming.

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years
    That works, or you could give the weak one that you're training an Exp. Share. (If you have one) That way you don't have to bother with the whole switching pokemon thing.

Years
    ^ I personally don't use EXP Share since it gives almost all the experience points to the Pokemon that wears it and I like training my strong Pokemon as well as my weak ones. I prefer EXP All from the first gen and I can't believe they got rid of it.

If the weak Pokemon is capable of defeating the opposing Pokemon, I'll just let the weak one fight until it's HP is on red or the opponent faints.

MegaTailzChao

how do i shot arrows
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    ^ I personally don't use EXP Share since it gives almost all the experience points to the Pokemon that wears it and I like training my strong Pokemon as well as my weak ones. I prefer EXP All from the first gen and I can't believe they got rid of it.
    Actually the Exp. Share DOESN'T take any experience from anyone, but rather the total experience from the fight is added to the holder's bonus.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    I thought it took half of the EXP. of the K.O. from the Pokemon that battled, and gave it to the pokemon that has the EXP.Share on it. I'm confused....

Years

Exp. All was a failure and I'm glad they got rid of it. All it did is split the experience between all 6 of your Pokemon team. This made it very annoying if you wanting to raise a particular weak Pokemon.

Exp. Share on the other hand only split the experience between the holder of the item and the Pokemon who was doing the fighting. It does not gives them almost all the experience to the Pokemon that wears it. Instead, it receives 1/2 of the experience while the Pokemon who actually did the fighting gets the other half. Much better than splitting the experience by 1/6.

Exp. Share makes the switching your weak Pokemon with a strong one technique obsolete. You no longer need to waste a turn switching Pokemon to split the experience since Exp. Share does the exact same thing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Yeah, I remeber the EXP.ALL...I hated it soooo much. Then I kept confusing it for the EXP.Share, so I never used it( the EXP.Share ) until recently....I don't usually use it( the EXP.Share ) anyway, because it seems like I'm training so slowly when I use it.

MegaTailzChao

how do i shot arrows
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Guys I already said I don't think the Exp share steals EXP. Because if you have a Pokemon hold it then have 2 different Pokemon fight instead of the holder then they both get equal experience yet the holder(Who has not battled) gets experience equal to the sum of what the other 2 got.

?

[b][color=cyan]Clueless[/b][/color]
    Years
    Sometimes I Do The E4 And Put 2 Exp. Shares On Pokemon, Though I Don't Like It Much Because It Gives Half To Each Of The Pokemon That Have The Exp. Shares..

Years
    Exp. Share on the other hand only split the experience between the holder of the item and the Pokemon who was doing the fighting. It does not gives them almost all the experience to the Pokemon that wears it. Instead, it receives 1/2 of the experience while the Pokemon who actually did the fighting gets the other half. Much better than splitting the experience by 1/6.
    Really? I've gotta test this out sometime. It only seems useful when you switch out with two Pokemon though. And I think I remember switching out with THREE Pokemon instead.

Back