• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evolving Pokemon

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    Do you always evolve your Pokemon, even if you like their pre-evolutions more?

99% of the time I evolve my Pok?mon.

If you've ever chosen not to evolve a Pokemon, why didn't you evolve it? For a challenge?

Purely for aesthetical purposes. I once played through HeartGold with a Poliwag on my team because I loved it's little overworld sprite following me around.

Favorite Method of Evolution?

Levelling up. There's a much greater feeling of reward and satisfaction when something you've been grinding for ages finally evolves, compared to just 'oh here's a stone, done', like Moon Stones in Kanto. You can literally just get a level 2 Wigglytuff/Clefable as early as Mt Moon. Also, time of day evolutions are annoying. I mainly play in the evening when I get home from work and I nearly always use Tyrunt on X/Y so it frustrates me when I can't evolve it at level 39 because it's dark outside.

Having said all that, the one novelty evolution method I do like is Inkay -> Malamar. Whoever thought of that is a genius.

Do you have any ideas for new methods of Evolution?

Don't know about evolution methods, but with Pok?mon Refresh, it'd be cool if there was a Pok?mon that could be a different colour/pattern depending on what Pok?Beans you fed it. Similar to Oricorio and nectar, I guess. Maybe attribute it to a flamingo Pok?mon, seeing as their pink colouration is a result of their diet.

Back