• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EVs and IVS

Dj2030

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2011
    I'm a Shiny Breeder, and an IV breeder.
    So it's a definite Yes for me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    Only for competitive it really helps. as for IV's ill wont go through so much trouble as breeding ill just catch ten or so of the pokemon use a iv calc

Vaporeongirl

Pokemon Breederand Hunter
    Years
    don`t tell me you guys cheat! D8

I breed pokemon,but naturally..i put pokemon in daycare...i let them do dirty stuff,then pick up the egg and nurture it till it hatches!

Last edited:

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 16, 2011
    Well I use the Counter App on the Poketch to keep track of EVs. If you mess up there are berries than reset your EVs to 100, or lower them by 10 if they were already 100 or lower. Use 11 if you want to start from 0.

Vaporeongirl

Pokemon Breederand Hunter
    Years
    I breed pokemon,but naturally..i put pokemon in daycare...i let them do dirty stuff,then pick up the egg and nurture it till it hatches!

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Not IV Breeding and EV training is for Chumps.

I do both religiously and am proud of it.

Smogon has the best knowledge in competitive battling (Serebii's standard set are all failures), so I go there for advice all the time.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    I care about EV's and IV's...
    Over 300 pokemon bred, yeah I've spend years on it >_>, maybe 3 years, been breeding good IV pokemon since I got emerald. lmao Btw I do have have life haha I dont' do any more breeding/training, stopped like 4 months ago. cba anymore.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    personally stuff like ev and iv training/breeding, even for competitive matches ,seems like a colossal waste of time, especially to spend on a video game

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    Well all my pokemon are EV trained because i battle competitively. its easy to ev train but you just need patience and knowing which pokemon give the EVs your looking for

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
    I've just started EV training my Treecko and my Phione. It's actually not that hard if you have the Power Items and/or Pokerus.

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
    Yeah..if I'm setting up a competitive team I tend to hunt for the best candidates--pokemon with high IVs and I do EV train all the ones that I want on my competitive team. It's pretty important to make sure stats are balanced the way I need them, so yeah, I EV train.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    I was talking to my friend about this today and now I feel stupid for tuning her out :p she was saying something about Gyrados with certain natures are beasts.

Idc really, I train just for fun. But I'm gonna get crushed by her when we battle out... I just know it XD

scyfer

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    hmm after reading all your posts it seems the whole iv and ev training stuff is only used for competitive battling, and yeah it took me this long to notice that lol
    i guess thats why i dont do that stuff, im not a big competitive battler, i just like raising pokemon, i dont like it when they get too strong, then it gets boring

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    True. I EV train, but it's not gonna make a huge difference in-game (except for the Battle Tower/Frontier). If you don't do those or competitive battling, there's really no reason to EV train.

With that said, I'm still trying to overcome procrastination to prepare my competitive team.

Back