• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen EVS question

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    can someone please tell me what they are and how u get them?..ive heard them explained many times but i still dont exactly get it..could someon explain it in the most simple way please..:)..thanks

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Have you read the compiled 4th gen guides in the S&M? If thats too confusing i can dumb it down further :)

Kratos_Aurion88

Waiting for the GSC Remake
    Years
  • Evs are hidden points you get for defeating certain Pokemon. I.E. Geodude gives 1 EV towrds Defense, Bidoof gives one Ev towards Hp, and so on. For every 4 EVs you get, you will get a point in that stat. Also, there is a limit on the ammount of EVs a certain Pokemon can have...anyways, this belongs in Movesets and Strategies...:)

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • You get EVs whenever you get Exp. Points. Every Pkmn gives EVs, just different amounts in different stats. You can only have 510 EVs on a Pkmn, and only 252 in one stat ( technically 255 but that is pointless since it's not divisible by 4).

Back