• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~EX Dreamscape: My collection for 2006~

Which illustration is your favourite?

• Total voters

shadow_bind

Feeling empty?
    Years
    As 2006 comes to an end, I've decided to showcase all the fake cards (excluding the gag ones) I've made for this year...which isn't much really. So if you've missed any of my cards, never fear ;)! My collection for this year goes under the name EX Dreamscape and its symbol is a shrine (not a lantern!). In addition, I've added a brief description for all my cards and you can click the Artwork link to see the original artwork of the cards (not all have that link though).

Holos:

Banette Banette's Compel is like a reverse Amnesia...if you combo it with an Amnesia, it prevents your opponent from attacking (I think; I'm not an expert in rules :P)
    Cacturne What is the point of turning all Pokemon Darkness-type for 1 turn? I'm not really sure myself, but I thought it would be cool if you could...
    Gengar Gengar may have weak attacks, but it literally feeds off death. I think that the mushrooms are a little too red in this picture...
    Shedinja Technically, Shedinja's Poke-Power stops your opponent from Knocking it out, but Shedinja will Knock itself out on the third turn it is in play. In the illustration, Shedinja's wings crumble away as it uses its Spirit Barrier Poke-Power.
    Shiftry This is one of my favourite artworks for this year (it blinks!). I've fixed its attacks so that Goblin Fan discards only 1 card instead of 2...I always love cards that discard your opponent's cards ;).
    Victreebel This is actually a card from last year made new. I figure that getting the Defending Pokemon affected by 3 different Special Conditions would be tricky, hence the OHKO ability. Also, I love putting the word Exotic into an attack :P.

Rares:

NEW! Lickitung My only rare :(. Inspired by Hajime Kusajima's really colourful pics. It's a nice solid basic.
    Uncommons:

Aipom Twitch is a flexible attack, allowing you to get a fresh hand, or to disrupt your opponent's. Contrary to what some people said, I don't think Tail Flip is broken. It's only a 50% chance of dealing 20 damage, and even less for 30 damage...
    Minun One half of the Hide/Seek pair. This is one card where the artwork really matches the card's effect. Other than that, Plusle and Minun's stats and attacks are about the same.
    Persian Persian is inspired by Giovanni's Meowth. Tinker allows you to discard 1 card from your opponent's deck, but puts 1 card in your opponent's hand. Then Fickle Swipe allows your opponent to trade 1 card from his hand for less damage...how odd...
    Plusle The other half of the Hide/Seek pair. Strangely enough, their Hide and Seek Poke-Powers don't work well together :(.
    Trainers:

Bloom Berry Bloom Berry is inspired by the Suspend mechanic in Magic: The Gathering (which I don't play). It's kind of a meh card, you'd probably want to play a Life Herb or 3 Potions instead...

Deep-Sea Scanner Deep-Sea Scanner is nothing special, really. I was just experimenting with underwater techniques and came up with this. It also has the net effect of drawing no cards, if you notice carefully.

Ryo's Determination My favourite Shinou Elite Four member drawn in Sugimori style. It's kind of a skill card, and I would probably use it if it existed in real life.
    Shirona's Dedication I fixed this card after I realised that drawing 4 cards without much of a drawback is a little too broken. Her anatomy might be a little off, and the Master Ball may not be so perfect, but I like this illustration :D.
    PorygonZ ex My first DP fakie and another attempt at 3D art :D! Did you know that the words floating in the background is its Pokedex reading :O? This card looks pretty broken...
    NEW! Salamence ex The card's art and blank is courtesy of Cascade Gonpory (sorry it took such a long time for this card to come out, Cascade :P!). I prefer the Acanthite ex blanks over the normal HL ones. Very classy :D. Anways Salamence ex is very powerful, but has a damaging Poke-Body and attacks that have major drawbacks. You'd probably want to attack as fast as possible before it ends up KOing itself.

Special Cards:

Moltres* This card's Poké-Power is based off the legendary phoenix. Dazzling Flame's attack cost is way too high, so it's probably better if you use its Fiery Ascension Poké-Power to charge it up. Of course, like most Pokémon star, it's more for novelty reasons. I had Articuno* and Zapdos* planned, but I never got around to finishing their illustrations ^ ^;.
    Guardian's Blessing Intoducing a new Trainer type, Epic cards (something like Pokémon* for Trainer cards). It grants you an extra turn, but you have to be very lucky, since you can only use it once per game. Of course, with an extra turn, you can do all kinds of things, like attaching an extra Energy card and playing another Supporter.
    And there it is, all my 19 fakes for this year! Don't forget to vote in the poll, since I always appreciate feedback :). (If your favourite is not among the options, you can always just post a reply.) Of course, if you have any crits and comments, I'm more than happy to listen to them. Thanks!

P.S. Sorry for the mega-long post!

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    wow, they all look great, but your Shiftry just blew my mind :D very nice cards all together

Flame Claw

Flaminator
    Years
    The lot of em! YAY! they're all great, it's good to see a years work put to one. Anyway, I put for the art
    Shiftry
    Victreebel
    lickitung
    PoryZ
    Salamence
    Moltres.

Adept-eX

A Adobe Photoshop Veteran ;P
    Years
    Really ALL your cards are simplely excellent Shadow_bind... however the Banette's PokePower is redundant and I see a little mistake in the Poképower...

---​
    Once during your turn (before your attack), you may flip a coin. If heads, choose 1 of the Defending Pokémon's attacks. If the Defending Pokémon would attack during your opponent's next turn, the Defending Pokémon uses that attack instead. (The Defending Pokémon stills to pay for the attack's energy cost). You can't use more than 1 Compel Poké-power each turn. This power can't be used if Banette is affected by a Special Condition.
    ---​

QFred

Behold...
    Years
    OMG! So many cards!

Soz I didn't see this earlier, is that PC takes loads of time to load, and I simply give up...

Love Banette! Love Cacturne! Love Gengar! Love Shedinja! Oh god! Kawaii Shiftry blinks! o.O! W00T! Love Victreebel! That is the cuttest Lickitung I've ever seen! Dun like Aipom very much, pic... the attacks are cool, kinda! Love Minum's pic and Power! I dun love Persian's pic, though I love its second attack! I also love Plusle's pic and Power!

*breath*

Love Bloom Berry's art and effect! Love Deep-Sea Scanner! Love the effect and the Lanturn detail! Love >Ryo's Determination effect, though I dun ike the art that much... Shirona's Dedication art has... I dunno... a Mariah Carey feeling to it! Neat!... I also love the effect completely!

*breath*

Oh my god! PorygonZ's art is sooo cool! I so love it! Data Overdrive is a so awesome attack! (Why am I talking like this?!) The Power is also great! Bring Scott back!

I dun love Salamence ex art that much, though I like it a lot! I love the attacks, but a sweeper needs stability, and the last attack though very cool and very fair, kills Salamence...

Moltres is very cool! The art is neat! The bad part... You can't use Powers on your discard pile... You need another Moltres star... And you can only have one in your deck... Dazzling Flames is also a very cool attack!

Guardin's Blessing is also a very cool attack... But makes few sense, unless we are talking bout turn-once Powers and Supporter cards...

Awesome cards!

Last edited:
    Back