• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Exception: NameError Message: uninitialized constant MessageTypes::ItemPlurals

Years
    I've been working on my game for about 9 months and I have never touched the compiler script, but for some reason today it throws this at me when I start the game:

[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]
    Exception: NameError
    Compiler:1561:in `pbCompileItems'
    Compiler:4386:in `pbCompileAllData'
    Compiler:4515

I tried to fix it myself, but I have next to no knowledge on how ruby works, any help would be much appreciated!

Years
    488,XACCURACY6,X Accuracy 6,X Accuracy 6s,7,0,"It raises the accuracy of a Pokémon in battle immensely. It wears off if the Pokémon is withdrawn.",0,2,0,
    489,DIREHIT,Dire Hit,Dire Hits,7,650,"It raises the critical-hit ratio greatly. It can be used only once and wears off if the Pokémon is withdrawn.",0,2,0,
    490,DIREHIT2,Dire Hit 2,Dire Hit 2s,7,0,"It can be used many times to raise the critical-hit ratio of one Pokémon. It wears off if the Pokémon is withdrawn.",0,2,0,
    491,DIREHIT3,Dire Hit 3,Dire Hit 3s,7,0,"It can be used many times to greatly raise a Pokémon's critical-hit ratio. It wears off if the Pokémon is withdrawn.",0,2,0,
    492,GUARDSPEC,Guard Spec.,Guard Specs.,7,700,"An item that prevents stat reduction among the Trainer's party Pokémon for five turns after use.",0,2,0,
    493,RESETURGE,Reset Urge,Reset Urges,7,0,"When used, it restores any stat changes of an ally Pokémon.",0,2,0,
    494,ABILITYURGE,Ability Urge,Ability Urges,7,0,"When used, it activates the Ability of an ally Pokémon.",0,2,0,
    495,ITEMURGE,Item Urge,Item Urges,7,0,"When used, it causes an ally Pokémon to use its held item.",0,2,0,
    496,ITEMDROP,Item Drop,Item Drops,7,0,"When used, it causes an ally Pokémon to drop a held item.",0,2,0,
    497,BLUEFLUTE,Blue Flute,Blue Flutes,7,100,"A blue flute made from blown glass. Its melody awakens a single Pokémon from sleep.",5,3,0,
    498,YELLOWFLUTE,Yellow Flute,Yellow Flutes,7,300,"A yellow flute made from blown glass. Its melody snaps a single Pokémon out of confusion.",0,2,0,
    499,REDFLUTE,Red Flute,Red Flutes,7,200,"A red flute made from blown glass. Its melody snaps a single Pokémon out of infatuation.",0,2,0,
    500,POKEDOLL,Poké Doll,Poké Dolls,7,1000,"A doll that attracts Pokémon. Use it to flee from any battle with a wild Pokémon.",0,2,0,
    501,FLUFFYTAIL,Fluffy Tail,Fluffy Tails,7,1000,"An item that attracts Pokémon. Use it to flee from any battle with a wild Pokémon.",0,2,0,
    502,POKETOY,Poké Toy,Poké Toys,7,500,"An item that attracts Pokémon. Use it to flee from any battle with a wild Pokémon.",0,2,0,
    503,BICYCLE,Bicycle,Bicycles,8,0,"A folding Bicycle that enables much faster movement than the Running Shoes.",2,0,6,
    504,OLDROD,Old Rod,Old Rods,8,0,"An old and beat-up fishing rod. Use it by any body of water to fish for wild aquatic Pokémon.",2,0,6,

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Did you change the IntlMessages part of the scripts? My copy of Essentials has this line:
    Code:
    ItemPlurals       = 8

(Or possibly you've reordered things, so that IntlMessages is after the Compiler scripts but that seems unlikely!)

Years
    I haven't touched IntlMessages, but for some reason it didn't have that, but now it's giving me another error about there not being a method for pokemon forms.

[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `addMessages' for MessageTypes:Module
    Compiler:2346:in `pbCompilePokemonForms'
    Compiler:4398:in `pbCompileAllData'
    Compiler:4515

Back