• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Excited but Apprehensive

Years
  • I can't wait for the new games - this is the first time I've been genuinely excited for the release. Having owned all the previous games, I'm looking forward to meeting the new Pokemon and seeing what they have to offer.

My only worry is that this is going to be too much of a departure from the main series for my liking - my only exposure to the games so far has been the demo because I want no spoilers at all, but the demo gave me the impression that the game is more of a separate adventure in the style of other RPG games rather than a Pokemon game. Does anyone else feel the same way?
    Change is what keeps games/platforms going though. For example, if Grand Theft Auto still implemented its idealism's from previous platforms and generations, the game as a whole would have become stale -- and as such people would have abandoned the series. This is a much needed kick-up for the franchise, in my opinion, and I am looking forward to experiencing something different.

Back