• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Experience Rip-Off!! Help!!

Psychic Esteban

Electric Lord
    Years
    Ok. This is the worst problem ever! I was playing the pokemon fire red rom and I begin to sense that something was wrong. It wasn't confirmed until I'd played up to Silph Co. I was battling a tough arbok and when it was defeated the message said that my venusaur had gained 2000 exp points, but the exp. bar did not increase at all when it should have been raised through the roof! I checked the amount of exp points it had gained in its stats and that number had not changed at all!!! It kept happening ever since around pewter city!! Only a third of the pokemon I'd fought gave my pokemon experience, which isn't fair!!! Because of that, I was too weak to beat my rival in Silph Co or Koga in Fushia City!! What a rip!! Can someone PLEASE HELP ME! I need a patch for this or else I'll never be able to get anywhere in the later parts of the game!! I ABSOLUTELY LOATHE THIS BUG!!! :confused: :confused:

-Psychic Esteban :rambo:

Psychic Esteban

Electric Lord
    Years
    Okay, If someone knows of how to fix in hacking terms, I'd be glad to hear it because I've got a hex editor and the necessary code-translate-sheet-character-thing and I need to get this problem fixed! Besides, I have no idea how to imput a gold/silver code using the visual boy advance v7 or if it will even work at all! After all, this is a FIRE RED rom, not a gold or silver rom. Anyway, thanks for trying to help anyway. I really appriciate it, but I need a specific answer as in instructions on how to fix this bug in terms of a patch, a hex editor, or a cheat code. PLEASE HELP!

-Psychic Esteban :rambo:

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2004
    uh,I think they meant GameShark,not Gold/Silver....

You go to cheats,select gameshark and put in the codes,i think.

Back