• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Explanation, Rules, and Registration (MUST READ)

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Eh, why not?

Username: Richard Steel
    Team of 9: Metagross, Skarmory, Blissey, Starmie, Dugtrio, Gengar, Claydol, Milotic, Alakazam
    Trainer ID #: 59792
    Friend Code: 5197 9082 9483
    Date of Application: August 15th, 2007

What do I do after being registered? XD

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    What do I do after being registered? XD

Well currently their is only one gym open which you can challenge after being approved. You could battle the gym trainers of Nebilim City Gym and if you beat 3 (if I remember correctly) you can challenge the Gym Leader.

Years
    Is it safe to say now that this isn't really working out? I think the concept of the league itself is a fantastic idea, but perhaps this was rushed into a bit quickly? It's just pretty inactive right now, and yes the Gym leaders/trainers say that they will open the gyms back up soon, but thats been a few months at least.

Maybe it needs a re-think or a re-vamp of somesort. I mean even if we did beat the 3 Gyms available, whats next?

It would be amazing if we had 8 fully functionining Gyms along with Elite Four or whatever else is planned. What about when the Gym Leader is away, one of the trainers then becomes temporary leader of that Gym until the leader is back? I think maybe a brainstorm is needed and everyone can come together to share thoughts and ideas. Possibly the hiring of Gym Leaders and Trainers needs some thought. I'm sure the Gym Leaders are superb trainers, but activity seems to be an issue. Obviously real life takes preference, but its been months since some Gyms have been open.

This post hasn't been made to annoy people or to criticise, but I just think it needed to be said. The idea of a fully running Pokemon League sounds incredible and would attract some excellent trainers into the competition. Its something we can't just let past and give up on. Its a fully interactive idea and pits some of the best trainers against each other each with a goal in mind.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    The Gym Leaders just need to get their acts together. I mean, when Asch opened Nebilim, he didn't even know what EVs were. Not exactly gym leader material.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Is it safe to say now that this isn't really working out? I think the concept of the league itself is a fantastic idea, but perhaps this was rushed into a bit quickly? It's just pretty inactive right now, and yes the Gym leaders/trainers say that they will open the gyms back up soon, but thats been a few months at least.

Maybe it needs a re-think or a re-vamp of somesort. I mean even if we did beat the 3 Gyms available, whats next?

It would be amazing if we had 8 fully functionining Gyms along with Elite Four or whatever else is planned. What about when the Gym Leader is away, one of the trainers then becomes temporary leader of that Gym until the leader is back? I think maybe a brainstorm is needed and everyone can come together to share thoughts and ideas. Possibly the hiring of Gym Leaders and Trainers needs some thought. I'm sure the Gym Leaders are superb trainers, but activity seems to be an issue. Obviously real life takes preference, but its been months since some Gyms have been open.

This post hasn't been made to annoy people or to criticise, but I just think it needed to be said. The idea of a fully running Pokemon League sounds incredible and would attract some excellent trainers into the competition. Its something we can't just let past and give up on. Its a fully interactive idea and pits some of the best trainers against each other each with a goal in mind.

I completely agree with you, they have a great idea but they rushed into it without fully thinking out every last little detail which ultimately led to the current situation.

Years
    The Gym Leaders just need to get their acts together. I mean, when Asch opened Nebilim, he didn't even know what EVs were. Not exactly gym leader material.

Exactly. Anyway 3 Gyms is surely not enough, even if we had the most active leaders and trainers around.

As I mentioned before, my post wasn't made to put peoples nose out of joint, I just want to highlight what many people are feeling, and how the potential of this idea isn't being realised or given appropriate thought that it deserves.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2023
    i'll join!
    team of 9: gallade, weavile, sceptile, dragonite, electivire, blissey, skarmory, vespiquen, aggron.
    ID: 05748
    FC: 4252 9971 2691

Xairmo

Years
    Exactly. Anyway 3 Gyms is surely not enough, even if we had the most active leaders and trainers around.

As I mentioned before, my post wasn't made to put peoples nose out of joint, I just want to highlight what many people are feeling, and how the potential of this idea isn't being realised or given appropriate thought that it deserves.

Well I'd like to thank you for having the guts to say what you did cuz I know thats how I felt, and I'm sure others are thinking the same thing.

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018

Yeah, this is the "slow time" when none of the Gym Leaders are around or ready. On the 25th, Neptune will open, and that should help alleviate the pressure a little. I, however, don't see the need to open more gyms. Rushing things could make it worse. This is an awkward position, but it won't last too long.

Light Yagami

Compulsive Battler#1
    Years
    That's because it's all staff related and no members may become gym-leaders. If the staff had members to alleviate the pressure, it wouldn't take so long

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    They're not "rushing into it," they're just not active like more dedicated members... <.<;

Xairmo

Years
    They're not "rushing into it," they're just not active like more dedicated members... <.<;

Well all I know is they're doin something wrong cuz it really isn't working at the moment...

I mean no offense they did do something spectacular but the gyms arent even established and it's been quite a few months

Back