• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Explosion / Self Destruct do not work correctly with PSS in Fire Red

jmynes

Jordank
    Years
    After a bit of playtesting using DoesntKnowHowToPlay's Physical/Special Split script, I realized that Explosion/Self Destruct do not take into account halving the opponent's Defense when calculating damage. This results in them dealing damage as though they were 250 or 200 base power Normal moves.

I've tested this in both Vanilla FR and Vanilla Emerald, using only the PSS patch. It works perfectly in Emerald, but not in FR.
    Has anyone else run into this issue and already patched it? I've been attempting to get around it in HMA by adjusting the SelfKOAndAttack Move Effect, for about a week, and have not gotten anywhere with it.

If anyone wants to test this out, I've attached two zips containing a matching .bps, .toml, and .sav file.
    Both patches below provide the player with 6x Lv 100 fully attack invested Metagrosses.
    Both patches also have a matching save file that will immediately start a trainer battle against 6x Lv 100 0 IV Golems.

Metagross should be able to OHKO with Explosion every time, but they do not succeed with the PSS patch applied.

• FR With PSS.zip is a patch for FR (Squirrels), with PSS added.
    • Vanilla vs Lv 100 Golem.zip is a patch for FR (Squirrels) , with only the Golem NPC edit.

Does anyone have any good ideas, or ideally a fix they've already implemented for this?
    Thanks much.

Attachments

• FR With PSS.zip
      35.1 KB · Views: 1
    • Vanilla vs Lv 100 Golem.zip
      34.1 KB · Views: 1
    Last edited:
    Back