• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Extra, Extra, Breed all about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 5, 2020
    Breeding for A female litten and my ditto which is the male is in a ultraball so they should come out in ultra if the math is right about the male giving its ball to the offspring?

I don't know. I've never tried to breed for pokeballs, I just assumed in male/ditto pairing, the dittos ball would be inherited, since only the female parent can pass their balls

I'm sorry if that is not the case, I didn't mean to request anything illegal.

if only standard pokeball is legal, then standard ball is acceptable.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018

Spoiler: Ball inheritence explanation
    In Sun and Moon, Males, Females, and Genderless Pok?mon can pass down their Balls.
    However:
    - When both Pok?mon are the same, they will have 50% chance each to pass down their Pok?ball.
    Ex: Male Ultra Ball Growlithe & Female Great Ball Growlithe = Offspring has 50% chance of having an Ultra Ball, and 50% of having a Great Ball
    - When both Pok?mon are NOT the same, only the FEMALE will pass down the Ball, if the other Pok?mon is MALE.
    Ex: Male Ultra Ball Lucario & Female Great Ball Growlithe = Offspring will be Great Ball Growlithe. UNLESS the other Pok?mon is Ditto. If that's the case, a Male paired with a Ditto will pass the Ball.
    - Genderless Pok?mon can only be bred with Ditto, and Ditto never passes the ball.
    Ex: Dream Ball Porygon & Ultra Ball Ditto = Offspring will be Dream Ball Porygon

So Ditto never passes the ball, and the offspring can never result in Ditto.
    Also only the Female can determine the offspring's species. Since a Male can't pass down a Pok?ball to an offspring of another species, you need to be able to naturally CATCH a Pok?mon in a Pok? Ball for it to be legal. Since Litten cannot be caught in the wild, only regular Pok?ball is legal.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 5, 2020
    Spoiler: Ball inheritence explanation
    In Sun and Moon, Males, Females, and Genderless Pok?mon can pass down their Balls.
    However:
    - When both Pok?mon are the same, they will have 50% chance each to pass down their Pok?ball.
    Ex: Male Ultra Ball Growlithe & Female Great Ball Growlithe = Offspring has 50% chance of having an Ultra Ball, and 50% of having a Great Ball
    - When both Pok?mon are NOT the same, only the FEMALE will pass down the Ball, if the other Pok?mon is MALE.
    Ex: Male Ultra Ball Lucario & Female Great Ball Growlithe = Offspring will be Great Ball Growlithe. UNLESS the other Pok?mon is Ditto. If that's the case, a Male paired with a Ditto will pass the Ball.
    - Genderless Pok?mon can only be bred with Ditto, and Ditto never passes the ball.
    Ex: Dream Ball Porygon & Ultra Ball Ditto = Offspring will be Dream Ball Porygon

So Ditto never passes the ball, and the offspring can never result in Ditto.
    Also only the Female can determine the offspring's species. Since a Male can't pass down a Pok?ball to an offspring of another species, you need to be able to naturally CATCH a Pok?mon in a Pok? Ball for it to be legal. Since Litten cannot be caught in the wild, only regular Pok?ball is legal.

Thanks for the great explanation and picture, Soapie! I'm saving the picture, so I don't make the same mistake in the future.

I will be sure to keep these explinations in mind :)

AnimePunk314

Animepunk314
    Years
    Thanks for the great explanation and picture, Soapie! I'm saving the picture, so I don't make the same mistake in the future.

I will be sure to keep these explinations in mind :)

Well i got a ton of male litten with outstanding ivs and gentle nature, but females are being rough about it... evil littens O.e lol

Years
    Breed All About It!!!

Looking for a Pokemon you need to breed for your game? Weather it be for collecting or combat, I have news for you! I am here to offer my help for no charge unless you want to. If you need a Pokemon with a certain Nature or maybe Above-average, relatively superior, or even outstanding potential I am here to help! {:3}

I need an Adamant Exeggcute :O

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 5, 2020
    Well i got a ton of male litten with outstanding ivs and gentle nature, but females are being rough about it... evil littens O.e lol

lol. i'll take the male litten as well, but I'd really like a female. if you can get a female, I'll give you a shiny for both.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2020
    I'm willing to trade a HA shiny fletchling if you have a jolly ha aqua tail venipede or its line

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back