• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Extra versions of other HM moves

Rob-120

~Revived~
Years
  • So I want to make an extra version/change cut to a move called Wildfire and allow players to burn down bushes that are normally cut (The fire gym in my game is where the player learns cut).

Would all I have to do is change the cut option in "PField_FieldMoves" to something like so & change the CUT in settings to WILDFIRE?

Spoiler:

Rob-120

~Revived~
    Years
  • Of you wish to replace cut with wildfire, then this looks about right. You still will have the cut animation though.
    But that could be easily replaced or changed.

If I wanted it to be a separate move I'd just need to copy that into the Fields script lower down and add a separate badge level in settings? Along with adding an animation, adding it into the moves, and adding the HM move allowances and what not (/whatever else is in the adding moves guide).

Ego13

hollow_ego
    Years
  • Yeah basically you would just copy it but you dont need to copy pbSmash event. if you want it to play a fire sound instead of a cut sound, but also want the same trees to be either cutable or flamable you would need to do a bit of coding.

I had to do sth similar to determine the animation, since different move types were used for the same purpose

Back